Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

About Skill Sphere Refunds

Posting in a new thread for visibility. This is from TrendyBrad:

We've been investigating all day how challenging it would be to give refunds for the skill spheres we removed. Honestly, we've been so busy working these new, huge features (the new stats and weapon variety changes alone were a big investment of time very quick) that we didn't appreciate how much this would impact everyone.

The good news: it looks like we'll be able to pull the refund off. We have an engineer working on this late tonight (everyone should give him a big virtual high-five for putting in some extra hours on this one), and we're hoping to have the refund working for a patch targeted Friday morning. 

As always, we may hit a snag as we try to get this in, as it's a new thing we haven't done before and isn't as straightforward code-wise as you may think, but things are looking good. Expect you'll see some updates from us tomorrow as we finish the implementation and go into testing.

Admit it [[4370,users]], you just wanted to steal all his likes :P

Honestly though, thanks Trendy :)

Once again proving you guys/gals are awesome!

I can't believe how much people are making a big deal out of this. I guess self entitled whiners just need something to whine about. If it wasn't this, they would just find something else to complain about.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I can't believe how much people are making a big deal out of this. I guess self entitled whiners just need something to whine about. If it wasn't this, they would just find something else to complain about.

lol - a little harsh there dude :)!

Maybe some people got the title in a free deal, but a lot of us paid for the game and have hundreds of hours into it already.  I saved coin a long time to buy all the 96k small spheres only days before the ascension patch. 

I think frustration for most players is justified.  self entitled whiners? Please tell us your secret to a life of selfless gratitude and good will. :)

Sometimes we almost hate Trendy, and sometimes we (almost) love them :) but it's when you guys go that extra mile to keep us happy, that you show you really care.

you may want to hot fix this again. thank you message keeps re-appearing cant do anything.

Got my 642k back!

You're awesome Trendy  & engineer :D

Also a big thank you to the community manager that hear our feedback in the matter.

Bye all, see ya in the game.

@Gash quote:

you may want to hot fix this again. thank you message keeps re-appearing cant do anything.

If you see the message, just restart your game. It's a known bug that we saw at the last minute, but since it can be fixed by restarting the game, we went ahead and pushed the hotfix out. We didn't want to keep players waiting on the refund. :)

For those interested anyone who bough skill spheres when they were still cheap got refunded as if they bought them after they got their price increased.

So I got 846k even though I probably spent maybe 60k on all my small spheres, but hey free gold for me!  :)

ahhhhh that explains the almost 1.3mil gold i got refunded xD

I couldnt understand how on earth i spend that much on small spheres :P

@topler quote:

For those interested anyone who bough skill spheres when they were still cheap got refunded as if they bought them after they got their price increased.

So I got 846k even though I probably spent maybe 60k on all my small spheres, but hey free gold for me!  :)

Im not sure if this is a common thing or if it has been answered already, but i got my refund for my spheres, but i cant buy them again, they are maxed out, am i missing something or am i not looking hard enough?(ps, thank you trendy, you guys are doing a good job)

Thanks for putting forth the work needed to make this refund possible, it's really going to help out later on!