Sign in to follow this  
Rodolfo

SPHERES! WHERES MY MONEY ?

@TrendyBrad quote:

We've been investigating all day how challenging it would be to give refunds for the skill spheres we removed. Honesty, we've been so busy working these new, huge features (the new stats and weapon variety changes alone were a big investment of time very quick) that we didn't appreciate how much this would impact everyone.

The good news: it looks like we'll be able to pull the refund off. We have an engineer working on this late tonight (everyone should give him a big virtual high-five for putting in some extra hours on this one), and we're hoping to have the refund working for a patch targeted Friday morning. 

As always, we may hit a snag as we try to get this in, as it's a new thing we haven't done before and isn't as straightforward code-wise as you may think, but things are looking good. Expect you'll see some updates from us tomorrow as we finish the implementation and go into testing.

Big high five to him and hurrahs and hugs to all. Above all I really appreciate the quick response and care given to us and our voices.

@TrendyBrad quote:

We've been investigating all day how challenging it would be to give refunds for the skill spheres we removed. Honesty, we've been so busy working these new, huge features (the new stats and weapon variety changes alone were a big investment of time very quick) that we didn't appreciate how much this would impact everyone.

The good news: it looks like we'll be able to pull the refund off. We have an engineer working on this late tonight (everyone should give him a big virtual high-five for putting in some extra hours on this one), and we're hoping to have the refund working for a patch targeted Friday morning. 

As always, we may hit a snag as we try to get this in, as it's a new thing we haven't done before and isn't as straightforward code-wise as you may think, but things are looking good. Expect you'll see some updates from us tomorrow as we finish the implementation and go into testing.

Much love and appreciation. :D ♥

@TrendyBrad quote:

-snip-

I wonder how this refund will work as people could have bought all small spheres when they were dirt cheap (like me) & then there's the other group of people that bought them when they got dramatically increased in price.

Hoping I get tons of free gold cause I bought all the small spheres I could when they were cheap :)

I bought them at the increased price, since I just started playing again last month after a long break prior to the great wipe.

I lost:

Tower Speed 7, Tower Power 7, Tower Health 7 (96,000 gold each)

2x Tower Power 6, 2x Tower Health 6 (46,000 gold each)

for a total of: 472,000 gold wiped with the patch :(

Thanks Brad. I'm not too worried about the gold ... even though ATM I have about 20k. Why don't you just make it easy on yourselves and give everyone a flat 500k or 1M.

I'm not really serious, but it would save you some work.

Ouch, yeah this one hurt.  I had just bought all the 96K small spheres for my dps and towers.  Kiss 400-500k gold down the drain.  It wouldn't have hurt so bad, but I just bought them about 3 days ago.  Would really be nice to get some heads up about this.  It's not as if they didn't know they would be wiping the spheres and we'd be losing all our gold.  Bad call there.

For all those who are complaining about the loss of gold remember that the game is still an alpha game and there will be some problems on they way to victory, this is not coming from someone who is just an observer i to am a victim but i am all good with this bug, because i know that with this bug came a lot of cool new things to explore and play with, if the negatives for you are going to out way the positives, when it comes to big patches what i suggest for the future is that you first think about the unstable nature of games that are not yet fully released BEFORE you purchase
how ever i do understand your frustration and to calm that I'm sure Trendy will do something :D

@InsanelyBlu quote:

For all those who are complaining about the loss of gold remember that the game is still an alpha game and there will be some problems on they way to victory, this is not coming from someone who is just an observer i to am a victim but i am all good with this bug, because i know that with this bug came a lot of cool new things to explore and play with, if the negatives for you are going to out way the positives, when it comes to big patches what i suggest for the future is that you first think about the unstable nature of games that are not yet fully released BEFORE you purchase
how ever i do understand your frustration and to calm that I'm sure Trendy will do something :D

They did, posted in this thread. :P  People are not reading the thread.

Hi, i bought all phiysycal (all spheres i bought 3 - 3 phys res 1. 3 phys res 2 etc.) , mag res. etc. small spheres, maybe dont else bought 2 or 3 spheres. It a lot of money, but game final become better after this patch. It ok.

@pressdelight quote:

Ouch, yeah this one hurt.  I had just bought all the 96K small spheres for my dps and towers.  Kiss 400-500k gold down the drain.  It wouldn't have hurt so bad, but I just bought them about 3 days ago.  Would really be nice to get some heads up about this.  It's not as if they didn't know they would be wiping the spheres and we'd be losing all our gold.  Bad call there.

Be at peace. Trendy have already suggested a refund is in the wind

@Lamb0fGod quote:

I lost almost 300k gold now and im pissed off. And i bought like only 2 days before the patch..

Read the thread man/woman/person. Even the preceding post may cool your jets.

They are looking into a refund.

Virtual high five to the Trendy Engineer! 

Not necessary to do this, we can all earn the gold back (Call it more testing) but the dedication is appreciated. 

@Lamb0fGod quote:

I lost almost 300k gold now and im pissed off. And i bought like only 2 days before the patch..

After trendy has specifically stated that they are working on a way to refund the gold, you're still going to ramble on about being pissed off?

Okay then.