Sign in to follow this  
Rodolfo

SPHERES! WHERES MY MONEY ?

@Rodolfo quote:

I agree to the new sphere system, but if you want to take my spheres, give back my gold!

Really agree with this one

Seriously, WTF!

I invested my gold into small spheres instead of large spheres, and now you just take them away and I don't have the gold to buy new spheres!

In the past trendy has not been able to refund things like this. But an alternative solution may be a gold weekend event. 2x gold dropped from all mobs, maybe more depending on how much they want to make it rain.

@wilywilton quote:

In the past trendy has not been able to refund things like this. But an alternative solution may be a gold weekend event. 2x gold dropped from all mobs, maybe more depending on how much they want to make it rain.

Or you know, they could make it a priority to fix the economy.  Items sell for to less, things cost to much.  It is totally broken...

@Ecterun27 quote:

Or you know, they could make it a priority to fix the economy.  Items sell for to less, things cost to much.  It is totally broken...

It needs fixing prior to release, but I'd rather they work on the stuff that they have been putting out. 

IE: weapon types, "builds", new maps (next patch), and tuning nightmare. 

Same old. I lost 1M+ gold on item upgrades prior to the ipwr nerf. I was very vocal (and pissed) about it. Trendy simply said NO REFUND.

So now I'm saving all gold I can get and wondering if one day a "Savings Account Nerf" is going to happen :O

Aye, I'd definitely love to have some more gold.  Especially since the prices are absurd.  But, it is the nature of early access unfortunately.  While I'd love to get a refund, it would probably be logistics better handled on other matters.  I'd settle for sphere costs being reverted to more reasonable prices.

Honestly being as how I should've not spent it, I didn't think I'd get completely screwed. Hindsight is 20/20.  But, you know? I just spent 100k for that really nice sphere for defense power. Was really digging it. 

Would like to atleast have some refund/return, it might noe be like you know. The full price.  Any significant amount as small as 10k would've atleast alleviated the huge sink/loss.  :| Which now leaves me kind of in a situation where I have not much in terms of gold and huge gaps in missing gear (Spheres)

Still. Would just like to see as if my investment of time/money wasn't completely lost. (Getting a little something for my trouble, even if its not the actual full return kind of situation.) I know it's an Alpha, and I think everyone expects wipes. But setbacks hurt a lot, and causes for more grinding.

Otherwise I'm excited about the new sizes on towers/blockades. It might solve an issue with blockades being so tiny.

I don't expect them to go through and hand gold out to everyone. Sucks but, that's the way alpha games roll. 

They could do a gold weekend, though, that'd benefit everyone pretty well.

@Shearmanator quote:

Its an alpha people. Chill out. If they wanted to they could have wiped everything.

I don't think I would have minded a full wipe. It's like the difference between losing an arm, and reliving the moments prior. Suppose it depends on the person. And the arm analogy is really in poor taste. But It is the best I could come up with on short notice.

It's really not a matter of the money but it's a matter of the investment and losing something earned. I'm not saying I don't understand why they do not refund people. Yes the game is in alpha, but no it's not a wipe and it's not a rollback. It's a removal.

I'd like to compare it to say you've been doing NM4 and finally received the right stats on the gear you're looking for and they decide to remove that gear to pave way for new gear. But now your character is left naked. Without anything to fall back on you are penalized without much recovery. That's not the case but more the feeling.

Yes we can always play to make more gold. But I'll admit granted I didn't even use all of the small skill spheres seeing them owned was nice and completionist. And now without even a wipe or rollback I feel penalized.

I'm not here to claim right to a refund but to voice my discomfort with all of the time I spent to only feel this way.

I think it's fair for people to want compensation. Gold was a pain to farm and while it is alpha, people farming gold to test content was beneficial to TE. 

That said, [[64852,users]] idea for a gold weekend/week is a good solution. Say, quadruple the gold drops and sell prices?

With the changes to the drop rate since Loot Cave 2.0, you can acquire gold at a much faster rate by playing.

That being said, some of those small spheres were expensive and I can understand with wanted to be compensated.

I think a 2x Gold weekend would be fine. Two days of double gold will be more than enough.

Call it "Epic Coinage" (Weekend) or "Mythical Midas" (Weekend) or "Heads and Tails" (Weekend).

I'll be here all week, lol.

We've been investigating all day how challenging it would be to give refunds for the skill spheres we removed. Honesty, we've been so busy working these new, huge features (the new stats and weapon variety changes alone were a big investment of time very quick) that we didn't appreciate how much this would impact everyone.

The good news: it looks like we'll be able to pull the refund off. We have an engineer working on this late tonight (everyone should give him a big virtual high-five for putting in some extra hours on this one), and we're hoping to have the refund working for a patch targeted Friday morning. 

As always, we may hit a snag as we try to get this in, as it's a new thing we haven't done before and isn't as straightforward code-wise as you may think, but things are looking good. Expect you'll see some updates from us tomorrow as we finish the implementation and go into testing.

@TrendyBrad quote:

We have an engineer working on this late tonight (everyone should give him a big virtual high-five for putting in some extra hours on this one)...

Consider that gentleman high-fived!!!

@TrendyBrad quote:

We've been investigating all day how challenging it would be to give refunds for the skill spheres we removed. Honesty, we've been so busy working these new, huge features (the new stats and weapon variety changes alone were a big investment of time very quick) that we didn't appreciate how much this would impact everyone.

The good news: it looks like we'll be able to pull the refund off. We have an engineer working on this late tonight (everyone should give him a big virtual high-five for putting in some extra hours on this one), and we're hoping to have the refund working for a patch targeted Friday morning. 

As always, we may hit a snag as we try to get this in, as it's a new thing we haven't done before and isn't as straightforward code-wise as you may think, but things are looking good. Expect you'll see some updates from us tomorrow as we finish the implementation and go into testing.

While i personally don't think it is necessary, I appreciate  the dedication this man is showing.  Good on him, big thumbs up in my opinion.