Sign in to follow this  
iTzBatman

Flamethower Uber Sphere

So, i've read that the flamethower uber sphere its pretty useless, but i could only find threads that were 3-4 months old. At the moment, how is it? Is it still worthless?

Any feedback you're going to get right now will be null and void with tomorrow's patch. Once Ascension hits, we can discuss its viability.

I got the FT a day ago. It was my last missing uber tower sphere, so I wasn't sure, just like you. Actually is a pretty nice tower. Range is a bit of an issue but for crowd control it works pretty well.

@iTzBatman quote:

So, i've read that the flamethower uber sphere its pretty useless, but i could only find threads that were 3-4 months old. At the moment, how is it? Is it still worthless?

Flamethrower seems pretty good, from what I saw on Argick's stream. Think he went from struggling NM2 to beating NM3?

don't quote me on that. XD

Flamethrower is very op if you used it probably!
For example in liferoot if you know how to place it it wont get damage by the mobs!
Allways place it in front of the blockade ! Not behind lol And i can solo nm4 with it on the physics resistance lane , 4 flamethrower each! 
GOodluck to u dude!

it's indeed a really good magic damage option atm (best?) 

wish they would have gotten around to fixing the apprentice medium range+10% spheres not affecting the flamethrower though monk_small.png

Hey guys! I used flamethrowers successfully in NM2 before the patch so let me tell you what I think about them now.

Great streams of fire they are wonderful! I've successfully jumped up to NM3 using them.

Flamethrower towers now have an appropriate damage output for their intended use. Continued damage against multiple targets. They can still be used to take out bosses (as I do) but there are other towers better suited for that role. Just not as pretty looking. 

Surprisingly the flamethrower tower has been given to ability to increase its range. This is something that I was not expecting since I feel the flamethrower's range was the trade off for it's massive AOE. The range increase allows for better placement of your towers. 

• They can be placed further back in lane protecting them from damage and their low aggro doesn't draw enemies to them.
  • They can also be placed slightly closer to the lanes (still being careful about aggro, the reduced aggro does help) and the range increase causes them to cover more of the lane granting more damage before they hit your walls.

However there are still things that need fixed on the flamethrower.

• Pyromania buff - Can we have a flamethrower version or have the buff work with flamethrower and flameburst towers
  • Medium range spheres - They are not working with flamethrower (Although I always thought it was intended)
  • Flying enemies - Flamethrower tower animations play when flying enemies enter the AOE but no damage is applied even when the flying enemies are down at ground level. (Intended or not? @iamison confirm please? :D)
  • Untested Vector corrector - Does vector corrector work with flamethrower towers? Are flamethower towers considered projectile towers for passives? (I wouldn't think so)