Sign in to follow this  
oo7superdave

why is there downscaling?

I played dd1 on xbox 360 a ton and loved everything about it.  So when I saw it coming to ps4 I was very excited.  I just don't understand the down-scaling other than to stop power leveling characters, but why it was so much fun to lvl multiple characters together.  I am against down-scaling in every game that I have ever played and hope this idea doesn't make it into the final build.  Maybe i am missing a reason that it has been implemented.

The only other reason I can think they would downscale is because it is free to play and they are going to sell leveling boost for gems.  Which would not be cool!

@oo7superdave quote:

I played dd1 on xbox 360 a ton and loved everything about it.  So when I saw it coming to ps4 I was very excited.  I just don't understand the down-scaling other than to stop power leveling characters, but why it was so much fun to lvl multiple characters together.  I am against down-scaling in every game that I have ever played and hope this idea doesn't make it into the final build.  Maybe i am missing a reason that it has been implemented.

You're in luck, because downscaling has been removed on PC. Since PS4 is several milestones behind PC, you'll likely see it removed in an upcoming patch.

@gigazelle quote:

@oo7superdave quote:

You're in luck, because downscaling has been removed on PC. Since PS4 is several milestones behind PC, you'll likely see it removed in an upcoming patch.

Thank you so much for the reply/info that is great news.  I was really worried about how this would effect the the actually fun of the game very happy that they are taking it out

@oo7superdave quote:

The only other reason I can think they would downscale is because it is free to play and they are going to sell leveling boost for gems.  Which would not be cool!

btw didnt trendy say that everything available for gems will be for pure cosmetic stuff and nothing will give an Advantage regarding game Progress? as far as i didnt missunderstand this you dont have to worry about it. i mean i would throw a ton of gems out of the window for cool towerskins :) (i hope that you dont have to buy a fix set for a complete hero but single Skins for every Tower so you can mix it like you want) and if hero Skins are cool even for them.

PS: Maybe make a neutral costume working for all heroes which Shows the Skins of your items.

@H3M1V3 quote:

@oo7superdave quote:

btw didnt trendy say that everything available for gems will be for pure cosmetic stuff and nothing will give an Advantage regarding game Progress? as far as i didnt missunderstand this you dont have to worry about it. i mean i would throw a ton of gems out of the window for cool towerskins :) (i hope that you dont have to buy a fix set for a complete hero but single Skins for every Tower so you can mix it like you want) and if hero Skins are cool even for them.

PS: Maybe make a neutral costume working for all heroes which Shows the Skins of your items.

Yes, they did say that it is NOT pay to win.  Everything available to purchase with cash doesn't affect gameplay.

You should note that while I don't know how the PC version is, the down-scaling only applies to Campaign mode at the moment, once you're level 20-25 it opens up free play where there is no down-scaling and you can bring in your lower level characters to power-level.

200+ hrs on pc version and I can confirm anything bought with gems is purely cosmetic.  There is no pay to win.  This downscaling did in fact go away on PC and they went with the ilevel that you see on gear.  For private matches you had free reign to try your luck on any match of your choosing  but in public play if you didn't meet the minimum ilev for gear you didn't get to que up.