Suggestion: Disassociate jump button with interact functions

Make R3 the universal command button - So my biggest qualm about the game is how the jump button is also the same button used for about every other function in the game. This causes me to jump over at times and delay picking it up or inversely picking up loot when I intended to jump over something,  it has caused me to accidentally sell/upgrade the wrong traps. It also creates a situation where if I am trying to place a trap and step off of a small ledge I have to cancel the command and jump back up then reissue the command. Currently the R3 button shares the same function as holding L1 and pressing R1. I feel like this is a bit redundant as dropping a banner isn't used so much as to justify it being a button that your thumb is literally poised to press at all times. Binding the universal function (place trap, sell trap, upgrade trap, etc) to the R3 button will also allow easier placement of traps, more accuracy when choosing which to upgrade and much easier to pickup loot and chests. Currently you have to aim with R3 and then remove your thumb and press X, this extra action feels very clunky as I am already using my thumb to aim the cursor over what I want to interact with then must quickly move my thumb over to one of the other thumb buttons to perform the action. It just feels more natural to use the button that is bound to the analog stick that is used for cursor movement for functions associated with positioning the cursor.

List of benefits from changing the R3 button into the interact fucntion

* More accurate trap placement, no more moving the cursor ever so slightly off target while moving your thumb off stick.

* Easier loot pickups as well as being able to jump while looting (rather than then looting)

* Loot won't cause you to fail jumping when you need to jump.

* Could jump while placing traps, repairing, selling, upgrading traps. Meaning you can do it on the run more effectively.

* Jumping wont be disabled while trying to place/interact with traps or when loot accidentally gets in your way during combat

* It just 'feels' more smoother and more natural allowing you to aim and interact at the same time rather than independently

there is probably a slew of other benefits as well. As far as I'm concerned there is are 3 extra buttons on the controller (D-pad, up, D-pad down and R3 since its function is duplicated elsewhere in the controls)

I completely agree, not sure how many times I went to open the end of round chest and I just jump in the air and look like an idiot.

I agree, yet when using R3 in other games it tends to jump wildly.

Now the D-pad buttons could find some good uses.

Just make an option in the game to swap the functions of all the buttons so that everyone can choose the controls how he likes them best. More options is always better ;)

@beastly101 quote:

I'm in total agreement. R3 as pick up button is way better.  Right flag placement is useless anyways. 

Ping is useless.   People in tavern use it to annoy you and people in game ignore it completely. 

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/126050/ps4-controller-scheme-suggestions

There's now an official thread where we can complain about this ;)