Sign in to follow this  
Val the DM

So seeing as we have no way to communicate....

other than the random pings.. I am all for any suggestions you guys have on how to convey some simple messages with groups in game.  Nothing frustrates me more than to join a round and try to help educate some of the new players and assist in rounds without any kind of text or emote system.  Case in point they are struggling with a lane or two because their walls only have 4k life while my base walls start about 10k.  I can jump up and down on them, ping right beside them, created the red shadow of my wall and move it back and forth over theirs but they don't seem to get my implication.  So we collectively need to come up with something we can start passing on to say "let me assist you with this build some"  

suggestions??

I posted in the "ps4 suggestions" that they add a text chat feature.  Never went into detail, but you could push a button or press the options button in order to find a way to bring the menu up.  Every time someone sends a text via this option it could bring up a window that will remain for a few seconds and then become completely transparent.  

Also, maybe even having preset text commands like metal gear online does (except without voice over work) or even the new game rocket league has, so you can communicate better.  

While I'm all for the text/chat, I think this day and age it's almost expected that everyone has a headset/microphone (doesn't one come with every PS4?)

Did DD1 have a chat/emoticon? I can't even recall...

@Schrubber-Ducky quote:

While I'm all for the text/chat, I think this day and age it's almost expected that everyone has a headset/microphone (doesn't one come with every PS4?)

Yeah it did.  This game does too, but not everyone has the ability to own a mic and not everyone wants to hear little kids screaming.  Obviously we shouldn't just rely on using a mic, and pings don't do a good job of displaying anything.  

@Goldhawk quote:

@Schrubber-Ducky quote:

Yeah it did.  This game does too, but not everyone has the ability to own a mic and not everyone wants to hear little kids screaming.  Obviously we shouldn't just rely on using a mic, and pings don't do a good job of displaying anything.  

Hey, I am with you all the way. There are a lot of times I simply don't feel like getting on a mic and talking to random players either.  I'd hope and imagine that ultimately another form of communication would be put into place for the end product.

Yeah, they should have a text chat where I can type or just simple commands like "hunter, drop 'X' trap here" "squire, drop 'X' defense here." Also, some that say good game, help, etc...

i agree with not always wanting to chat over the mic.  some preset lines would be great.  Its frustrating to get in a game trying to help those new to the series learn and you can't communicate with them as easy as you can on the PC version.

On this topic,

How to I turn off hearing other people? I don't want to hear little kids or dudes having conversations with their girlfriends (assuming some people don't realize their camera is a mic) while I'm trying to play -- is there an option on the PS4 settings to mute other people's mic outputs? Didn't see anything in-game. Or am I stuck just having to plug my mic in and muting it?

They need to add a "push to talk" button and then I bet everyone will actually turn their voice chat on...

@tehmidcap quote:

On this topic,

How to I turn off hearing other people? I don't want to hear little kids or dudes having conversations with their girlfriends (assuming some people don't realize their camera is a mic) while I'm trying to play -- is there an option on the PS4 settings to mute other people's mic outputs? Didn't see anything in-game. Or am I stuck just having to plug my mic in and muting it?

You'll just have to disable the voice chat, as I have had to do.  :(   The option is in the third tab from the left, the third box down.

yeah but not everyone can hear, I'm deaf and I personally would like text chat/quote commands, cant stand morons anymore. If i need to instruct them what to do i would like to do it really quick. so far pinging doesnt help and I text them thru their ps4 names. but a text chat would be handy, that's for sure. MIC/headset would work for y'all but i still need a text chat.

@Goldhawk quote:

I posted in the "ps4 suggestions" that they add a text chat feature.  Never went into detail, but you could push a button or press the options button in order to find a way to bring the menu up.  Every time someone sends a text via this option it could bring up a window that will remain for a few seconds and then become completely transparent.  

Also, maybe even having preset text commands like metal gear online does (except without voice over work) or even the new game rocket league has, so you can communicate better.  

@JustSimplyHack quote:

yeah but not everyone can hear, I'm deaf and I personally would like text chat/quote commands, cant stand morons anymore. If i need to instruct them what to do i would like to do it really quick. so far pinging doesnt help and I text them thru their ps4 names. but a text chat would be handy, that's for sure. MIC/headset would work for y'all but i still need a text chat.

@Goldhawk quote:

I know dude lol.  I'm totally all for another system other than voice chat and pings.  

ah my bad, that quote was meant for scrubby lol

@JustSimplyHack quote:

@Goldhawk quote: