I have bought every version of DD but now because of the the you have treated us in Europe i going to give the game a miss, i am just sorry i bought it on steam and i don't believe it's because Sony Europe takes longer it's because you wanted to test your servers with the US first.

Answer me this one question why does no other game have this problem? if it was because Sony Europe takes their time why didn't you just delay the US version so everybody gets treated the same?

The way you have done this just shows me that Europe are always going to be behind 

In the gaming industry, Europe getting things after NA is pretty commonplace. Certification can take longer in certain regions, and each region has its own hoops to jump through. That's the sad fact of the matter, and it doesn't inherently make it Trendy's fault. The fault lays with the system that's been in place for quite some time now.

Completely agree with you rdeal. A very bad start for us EU players. 

Trendy you STILL haven't answered ANY questions on the official EU blog ...Facebook is littered with people requesting an EU date and you are too lazy reply to them. It's not so bad you delayed the game (on the day it was due to be released might i add) but it's the fact you are not keeping us informed enough. 'soon(tm) and 'coming days' is all you have said, now we are at 5 days late. at least add something in the news section and tell us where you are at? perhaps a new release date. 

Like redeal said other games can make it happen on the same day why can't you? And why did you give us a bad release day and only decide to tell us the very morning it suppose to come out that it it wont be.

As said above, an estimated release date would be nice. I'd rather get a date than check PS store every 6-8 hours to check if we european got it.

Here is a little official information from trendy 

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

To provide a little context on our current delays in SCEE (I only started at Trendy in December so I can't speak to what happened during DD1), Brandon Virdee is close to what delayed the release in that region when he comments that:

@BrandonVirdee quote:

Note: I understand that EU's process of submitting updates to Sony take a lot longer than NA but correct me...

Sony has been making great strides to standardize their submission and publication processes globally, but each region is still - by and large - an individual organization with their own SLA's and interpretations of standards.   As such, some pieces of the release process take longer and are more rigid than others depending on the region and communication pathways.  Further, there are timezone considerations to be made with regard to the number of communication cycles that can be achieved in one day.

With PS4, all work has been done simultaneously for SCEA and SCEE:  paperwork is filled out and filed at (almost) the same time, builds are made and uploaded at the same time, and certification commences at (almost) the same time.  In an attempt to resolve issues and get as much as we could into the release build while working around deadlines that are some 8 hours apart, the dev team and myself have been keeping crazy schedules for the past month that allow us to react to SCEE and SCEA in their respective time-zones.  Unfortunately, the SCEE store team is really busy at this moment and so resolving a few lingering issues has caused a delay of a few days in the release date in that region. 

Rest assured that we have been learning from the roadblocks we have encountered and have not altered our desire to provide (as we are able) simultaneous releases in both regions going forward.

Thank you all for your continuing patience,
Tim

Please just give us a rough of idea of release, as i too am checking the ps store every couple of hours to no avail. What is worrying is the search engine has not even heard of dungeon defenders 2, so it would be great to see it in the comjng soon section at least.

Note: This is NOT an official response in any shape or form. This is just my 2 cents as a fellow community member.

@Jem33 quote:

Please just give us a rough of idea of release, as i too am checking the ps store every couple of hours to no avail. What is worrying is the search engine has not even heard of dungeon defenders 2, so it would be great to see it in the comjng soon section at least.

I understand you may think me biased here as a moderator, but I think it's being a little unfair to Trendy to blame them for delays that are beyond their control. I can all but guarantee you that when more information is available, everyone here will be the first to know. The kind of delay experienced here is unpredictable. In response to a question asked above, is it really fair to deliberately delay the release of a completely ready project in one region to compensate for delays that you can not predict in another? I think Trendy's done everything right with the detailed explanation that was given. They clearly didn't intend for this discrepancy to happen. I think it is unreasonable to peg malice on Trendy for something that most likely wasn't their fault.

As given in the explanation quoted, they had completed all the necessary work for both regions at the same time. The delay is SCEE's fault, not Trendy's. They can't simply delay the release in one region because they don't know exactly how long each region is going to take to certify. It could happen quickly, it could happen slowly, and it varies in each region. You can't insert a delay when you don't know how long to delay it.

@Xavier Horovitz quote:

In the gaming industry, Europe getting things after NA is pretty commonplace. Certification can take longer in certain regions, and each region has its own hoops to jump through. That's the sad fact of the matter, and it doesn't inherently make it Trendy's fault. The fault lays with the system that's been in place for quite some time now.

No it isn't might have been years ago but now days 99% of games are released the same time especially digital titles, that's why is doesn't make sense when they say Sony Europe take their time

@rdeal quote:

@Xavier Horovitz quote:

No it isn't might have been years ago but now days 99% of games are released the same time especially digital titles, that's why is doesn't make sense when they say Sony Europe take their time

Speaking strictly from a PS4 point of view, there are still PLENTY of games that comes out in EU after NA. The most typical examples of games that follow this method are digital only games, such as Dungeon Defenders II. Granted, most of the time, there are only a few days between the releases, and we almost always know about the few day delay well in advance. I state this as someone who knows quite a bit about the PS4 and have kept up with release schedules for its near-two years of existence.

The only thing a bit out of the ordinary is that we don't have an exact date. Typically, a digital game gets released in NA on a Tuesday, with the EU counterpart releasing at any point from Wednesday to Friday. Given that this is a paid pre-alpha, however, there are likely other hurdles to go through for DD2. Hope this cleared it up a bit.

@Xavier Horovitz quote:

@rdeal quote:

@Xavier Horovitz quote:

Speaking strictly from a PS4 point of view, there are still PLENTY of games that comes out in EU after NA. The most typical examples of games that follow this method are digital only games, such as Dungeon Defenders II. Granted, most of the time, there are only a few days between the releases, and we almost always know about the few day delay well in advance. I state this as someone who knows quite a bit about the PS4 and have kept up with release schedules for its near-two years of existence.

The only thing a bit out of the ordinary is that we don't have an exact date. Typically, a digital game gets released in NA on a Tuesday, with the EU counterpart releasing at any point from Wednesday to Friday. Given that this is a paid pre-alpha, however, there are likely other hurdles to go through for DD2. Hope this cleared it up a bit.

Are you sure about that? as far as i know it's only retail that come 2/3 days later in Europe but i don't buy many digital tiles on the PS4 but loads on the X1 and all digital title are released the same day retails are 2/3 days apart

@rdeal quote:

@Xavier Horovitz quote:

@rdeal quote:

@Xavier Horovitz quote:

Are you sure about that? as far as i know it's only retail that come 2/3 days later in Europe but i don't buy many digital tiles on the PS4 but loads on the X1 and all digital title are released the same day retails are 2/3 days apart

It's very dependent on the game, developer, and the timeframe. Something I did forget to mention is that closed betas (the type that require keys, not purchases) have been known to lean toward NA preference as well. It's a standard that hasn't yet been abandoned in the industry, for whatever reason. Given that it isn't happening to DD alone, I think it's safe to assume that there are simply different procedures for EU. Or, there has been some internal hiccup that they are not comfortable speaking about, but I'm sure that they regardless doing everything they can to get the game out the door.

I doubt the devs wake up every morning and shake their fist at the sky, screaming "Damn Europeans!" I believe they want the game out just as much as you do, if not more, from a business standpoint alone.