SharingToy's Status.

Hello everyone in the dungeon defenders community. I would like to tackle a very big topic that has been going on for a while, whether I hack or not. This has been a very controversial topic upon the whole community for quite some time. I wanted to make this tread to clear the air about a lot of rumor and also to tell all the people that think I hacked gear, that I simply don't. I want to be apart of the community and be able to make auctions, bid on auctions ect.. without anyone have doubts about anything being hacked. I understand that I had had hacked gear in the past and lets be honest here, almost all of us have encountered hacked gear, some more than others. How should I have know that some gear is hacked when it is not obvious. Its not like I had gear that was uber hacked with all 9999999 stats, this was just gear that was not possible, which I never knew. So all I ask for is not to be desrimized in the community and to be accepted by all of you. Thanks for reading, have a good day.

B543326C0F76274796E257B6864D402FDF664E68
992E70A482258D0013A9572DF09FDDB53CB6283F

@SharingToys quote:

How should I have know that some gear is hacked when it is not obvious.

The problem isn't that you had hacked items. I've had hacked items. 90%+ of all cubes are hacked items. The problem is that you had an excessively large number of them, many of which were gallingly obvious. (see the two above; some of your accessories; the blaster you tried to auction when you got back)

We understand that you want to rejoin the trading community without being a pariah, but that's not how this system works. You have to earn your way back. Your situation is best described like this:

When you got back and auctioned the blaster you stepped into a patch of mud. Not that big a deal, but you probably shouldn't have. Following that, you were found with a significant number of hacked items, this being roughly akin to falling into a 10 foot hole in the ground. You have to climb your way out. You've been doing a pretty good job of this lately, so keep it up. Someday hopefully you'll be able to prove yourself trustworthy enough to rejoin the trading scene.

Something something IC thread is always there for you to check any gear you buy something something something Harry, Acen, caimen(nub ic'er) are more active than I am, But will check every once in a while. I think you've been around enough to know this though. (not to sound like a jerk)

(sorry for the lazy post, im known around the community as LazyCakez)

@Sir Pancakez quote:

Something something IC thread is always there for you to check any gear you buy something something something Harry, Acen, caimen(nub ic'er) are more active than I am, But will check every once in a while. I think you've been around enough to know this though. (not to sound like a jerk)

(sorry for the lazy post, im known around the community as LazyCakez)

Thought it was naked cakez but what do I know? :) That being said I think it is a good thing that Toyz put up this post, always good to clear the air amongst the members of our community.

Did we all encountered hacked items? yeah definately but thats why the IC thread is a good thing just like naked Pan said there, keep up the good work Toyz and all will be good later again, for now, this is just something that u have to cope with I think. That's why I only sold self farmed gear on these forums, you can be sure that that gear isnt hacked.

Take care ;)

Thank you all for the positive comments, and that will do, Ill just keep farming my ass of and I think ive finally got rid of anything that was hacked. Ill keep working my self up there, thanks anyways guys :)

Incoming wall of text in 3...

==============================================================================

sent to sharing:

Just a heads up, i'm going to post the following post in your thread tomorrow and I want you to know... I'm not trying to say you'll never be accepted. What I am going to be posting this for is to express, publicly, that there are those among us who will never be able to trust you as long as you don't admit your fault and submit yourself to scrutiny. You can pre-empt this post by modifying or adding to your thread, or you can respond to my post after I make it, but as long as there is deception you're preventing yourself from being trusted.

@SharingToys quote:

How should I have know that some gear is hacked when it is not obvious.

Are you pretending that blaster, that was at ups-1 but still tagged as forged with the name of one of your characters as the forger, was somehow hacked without your knowledge?

Ok, i'll bite there, lets say someone else with Dps as a character name upped it, hacked it and upped it again to ups-1, then sold it to you. That's within the realm of possibility i guess, Dps isn't necessarily an uncommon name.

So next step you get that blaster IC'd on the IC thread, and getting a hacked result from pan, what did you do? You turned around and sold it to someone anyways, telling that person 'yes it's legit, Sir Pancakez IC'd it'.

You may be attempting to turn over a new leaf but please don't tell me you were innocent in the whole process. Show the community that you actually want to turn around. Throw that 50k spawn damage 600 spawn tdam/hatk pawn into the lava in front of a reputable member of the community. Stay legit and yeah it can be turned around but please don't call me stupid by implying you were innocent and just as much a victim here as anyone else, and please don't expect me to just up and trust you.

Own your mistakes and walk back, sullied, into the trading sphere. Anything else is more deception and lends to further distrust. I did that, and I've stayed legit this time around and there's been no problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SharingToys

4 hours ago

Alright, I completely understand your point. Please post your post, but I wont admit to hacking because I never did it. I dont know how to explain the blaster as for I sold that once I came back on the scene of Dungeon Defenders and did not know the origin of it. The Pawn, and sparus are already way gone. No traced of that. But please post your post, If what I have said so far is not good enough then so be it, thats fair, one does not simply trust someone with few words. I get that. But I will prove myself, not though saying something that I never did but through getting out of the deep hole that I got into.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laronel.thone

3 hours ago

you completely sidestepped my primary grievance here...

You got that blaster (which was obviously hacked even without an ic) ic'd

it was ic'd as hacked

you sold it to someone anyways *AND* claimed it was IC'd as legit by sir pancakez

that blaster, by anyone looking at it was hacked by you, it was tagged by your character then hacked to give it more upgrades at the very least. So whether it was hacked *by* you you were most likely aware of it, and intending for it to be hacked.

saying 'i wont admit to hacking because I never did it.' when things like this happened is exactly what i'm talking about. Own it or you remain a lying hacker as far as i'm concerned. One part of turning around is admitting what you did.

in this case: 

100% guilt, you sold a 100% verifiably hacked item to someone *and* told them sir pancakes ic'd it as legit. Two major breaches of trading trust.

90% suspicion, the circumstances of how that blaster were hacked point overwhelmingly to you being, at the very least, conscious of the hack, if not the one who hacked it.

As long as those things aren't owned you're still attempting to deceive and are therefore a non-viable trade partner.

Delaying my post for you to recieve this message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SharingToys

2 hours ago

I'm sorry, I mis-understood your post. Yes, I knew that it was hacked, yes I did sell it. At the time of buying the weapon I did not know it was hacked (Maybe I did, as I took a long break from DD before I IC'ed it). Point is that, when I was selling the weapon I knew that it was hacked, but still sold it. Completely my fault, and intention to do so, but the reason I did this was because someone had something a lot better to trade me and at the time I wanted to trade anything just to get it. I made a mistake, and as you said I need to own up to it, and I am. Now I know this was wrong but I cant go back in time. If you wish to quote this in your post please do so. 

So from this point forward:

play legit

check your **it

if it's hacked, don't sell it

And since it's in the open now, no more playing innocent. you have making up to do, you owned it, and now have to prove your intentions.

@laronel.thone quote:

laronel.thone

3 hours ago

you completely sidestepped my primary grievance here...

You got that blaster (which was obviously hacked even without an ic) ic'd

it was ic'd as hacked

you sold it to someone anyways *AND* claimed it was IC'd as legit by sir pancakez

that blaster, by anyone looking at it was hacked by you, it was tagged by your character then hacked to give it more upgrades at the very least. So whether it was hacked *by* you you were most likely aware of it, and intending for it to be hacked.

saying 'i wont admit to hacking because I never did it.' when things like this happened is exactly what i'm talking about. Own it or you remain a lying hacker as far as i'm concerned. One part of turning around is admitting what you did.

in this case: 

100% guilt, you sold a 100% verifiably hacked item to someone *and* told them sir pancakes ic'd it as legit. Two major breaches of trading trust.

90% suspicion, the circumstances of how that blaster were hacked point overwhelmingly to you being, at the very least, conscious of the hack, if not the one who hacked it.

As long as those things aren't owned you're still attempting to deceive and are therefore a non-viable trade partner.

Delaying my post for you to recieve this message.

SharingToys

2 hours ago

I'm sorry, I mis-understood your post. Yes, I knew that it was hacked, yes I did sell it. At the time of buying the weapon I did not know it was hacked (Maybe I did, as I took a long break from DD before I IC'ed it). Point is that, when I was selling the weapon I knew that it was hacked, but still sold it. Completely my fault, and intention to do so, but the reason I did this was because someone had something a lot better to trade me and at the time I wanted to trade anything just to get it. I made a mistake, and as you said I need to own up to it, and I am. Now I know this was wrong but I cant go back in time. If you wish to quote this in your post please do so. 

^This is nice to know, I didn't know Sharing falsely claimed I said an obviously hacked item was legit. :)

Now that have internet again I will throw my thoughts in here too.

So I think that you are really trying to get into the community and i want to help you because you helped me as you were "sharing" squire_small.pngyour WW survival build wth me and now I am paying back the fee by offering that i will look trough your Items and help you cleaning your item box from hacked stuff. I might not be an Ic´r but i have some knowledge gathered on my own. The things that are suspicious but I am not sure of if they are hacked you can still Ic afterwards. I will then also be there with you and proof for the community that you threw whatever was hacked into lava.

In the trading Part I can obviously not help that much since you apparently did some things that are not liked to be seen around here.

I guess one way to kind of get back in the trading is with lab runs. Since lab runs can not be hacked i´d advice you to go ahead and sell/ buy in lab runs. Of course it´s not sure that every singe player will accept those and you will most likely not gain everybodys trust completely back, but  think this is probably the best way for you to go if you want to be "rehabilitated".

But i have to admit, the part about Pan... Please dont do such things.

I don't play pc verson, but is it possible to have a weapon that does 192 THOUSAND damage? And to equip that weapon to your trap huntress...?

@ihaschezbrgr quote:

I don't play pc verson, but is it possible to have a weapon that does 192 THOUSAND damage? And to equip that weapon to your trap huntress...?

that damage is possible with pawn shots (and technically steam saws) but it requires more upgrades than the pawn that is shown in the screenshot. The weapon shown in the screen shot would need to have spawned with over 50k damage with all other stats where they are (shots/sec, proj speed, reload and stats. And i can assure you neither 50k spawn damage nor 600 spawn tdam/hatk are possible(**edit: on ult **edit edit: or ab2, missed that =\).

@ihaschezbrgr quote:

Yup, entirely possible.

But as Laronel said, It would need to have more upgrades. Theres just not enough ups to go around to reach that dmg stat, let alone the T dmg.

@LiquidLuck quote:

While we're on this topic, what seems to be wrong with the sparus?

I'm not entirely sure, but ++ weps are just weird and the stat were just hacked, (dont think the ups were).

The stats were very clearly above possible spawn for a Sparus. It's nigh on impossible for a sparus to spawn with 700 in any given stat, let alone 750.

@Sir NoVa quote:

Lol Nova. Bit harsh but true it seems. Does this mean his account here on the forums is terminated too? Haven't heard him in awhile. 

I really don't understand someone would post on the forums that they have hacked stuff. They didn't actually post the screenshots, but he stood by them and supported them. And then he was so confused as to why he got banned (if anyone saw that post..).

He could have sold them or at least keep to the shadows......