Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Shannon

the monthly special skeleton bosses.

In the spirit of good fellowship I did 4 Gates runs on NM1 in open play with an aggressive built to kill all mobs at spawn. This garnered 4 Plaguing Hulks including one run with none and shared amongst the 4 players, I would guess overall as a player base this is more achievable than the ogre kills last month. If higher ipwr players share their good fortune of good gear to do fast builds for all we will all achieve this quicker. The runs were very quick build to final chest.

yep this months monthly simply tells us to have no life, as to why they are equal number to last months ogre requirement is bewildering.  is there a TQM set in place or anyone checking over who ever is responsible for setting the monthly to see if they are achievable to a degree without pissing ppl off lol  that may ultimately lead to not playing period. have such  factors been considered ?

@gigazelle quote:

@mkjo quote:

This is the fail IMO. The inability to dedicate your monthly event farming time efficiently. 25 incursions giving, say 25 skeletons would have ben a solid start

25 would be much more reasonable. That's still a stretch for many people, but much more in alignment with time investment compared to quests from prior months.

If they made the quest only 25 skeletons, I'm already finished. Already have 30 skels, done with legs and for the incursions, can just speed run. Based on my progress for 2 days, I think, in a week or 2, someone (prolly not me) will get the pet. The time to do this current quest is similar to last month's which is also doable within a week (or 2).

Everybody needs to stop complaining about it, it is good that it is so hard because everybody should not be able to get it easily, if you want it. work for it. simple :) i enjoy the fact that its a challenge, you guys just dont want to put the effort in.

@filmtweaks quote:

Everybody needs to stop complaining about it, it is good that it is so hard because everybody should not be able to get it easily, if you want it. work for it. simple :) i enjoy the fact that its a challenge, you guys just dont want to put the effort in.

That's the problem though, it isn't hard, just far too grindy and luck based.

@Finaldeath quote:

@filmtweaks quote:

The grinding part kind of blows since u have to play 25 maps when there is only 5 maps to play meaning you need to replay, A LOT, althought ive already finished the 25 incursions part of the monthly, the luck part though not really, i think u will be surprised how easy it really is, its been 2 days and i am past halfway through the full monthly, people just dont like doing it i guess :/

@filmtweaks quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

@filmtweaks quote:

The grinding part kind of blows since u have to play 25 maps when there is only 5 maps to play meaning you need to replay, A LOT, althought ive already finished the 25 incursions part of the monthly, the luck part though not really, i think u will be surprised how easy it really is, its been 2 days and i am past halfway through the full monthly, people just dont like doing it i guess :/

Did about a dozen matches today and 0 skeletons. That is the problem.

@Finaldeath quote:

@filmtweaks quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

@filmtweaks quote:

Wow haha, what game mode, map and difficulty were you on?

@Finaldeath quote:

if you do end-game maps, you will get 0-4 chances per run. if you are already doing it, then i guess you need to pray more to RNGesus :P

@mkjo quote:
@Some random guy quote:

Funny, after nearly 20 maps i got only 3 skelly kills...

So around 1 kill per 6 maps, with rough maths I should clear that thing after 450 maps x 15 min like you said for a super duper total of... 112.5 hours just for the skelly boss... YAY ME!

This monthly is stupid, I'l never say it enough times.

Was that in NM end game maps (i.e. not Free play or Inc)?

You want NM end game maps for the skellies

If so, RNG hates you.

Yes it was in NM1-3, I was not counting the free play or onslaught I tried.

I know I'm far from being the only one that will have this crap luck with stuff like this.

Like others already said, a random spawn kill count should not be as high as the 100% chance to spawn ogres.

@Some random guy quote:

I know I'm far from being the only one that will have this crap luck with stuff like this.

Like others already said, a random spawn kill count should not be as high as the 100% chance to spawn ogres.

Not only 100% guaranteed ogre spawn but 6 guaranteed ogres per map.

Another one here having crap luck, though one map did have 2 special skellies in one wave (wave 3)

The incursion maps are kind of a pain too since I can't beat NM3 incursion so I can't run one that will give me loot. Again forced to run maps I don't need just to get the monthly.

I think I will just run NM3 maps and if I happen to finish the skeleton quest just run a bunch of incursions.

Looks like there will be two new mini bosses on the 13th, who knows if these will be skeleton based and count to the monthly.

Sounds like big changes on the 13th.

@Fozzie quote:

Looks like there will be two new mini bosses on the 13th, who knows if these will be skeleton based and count to the monthly.

Sounds like big changes on the 13th.

Dude I so can't wait for that and hoping for new skelly bosses!!  (probably everyone for that matter)

And seriously, those spooky maps, they were talking about it like 6 months ago.  They better be awesome.

Fozzie Bosses are not being added on the 13th. The 13th is when the game opens as free to play for everyone. New mini bosses will be added in the second update this month on the 27th. See the patch information below:

October 7th - Update Part 1:

• Experimental bigger towers and clustering changes
  • New ranged/melee weapon variety
  • Stat Allocation System: choose where you put stat points when you level up!
  • A new Huntress build
  • New costumes
  • Enemy rebalancing and more!

October 27th - Update Part 2:

• Two new maps!
  • A new Incursion
  • New minibosses
  • Four new hero builds
  • New spooky costumes and more!

If you assume the new bosses will be skels, factor in game breaking bugs and server instability due to the flood gates being opened. We should have about 30 seconds before the November monthly mission to get the last 70 skel kills we need. :D

@Yuwee quote:

Fozzie Bosses are not being added on the 13th. The 13th is when the game opens as free to play for everyone. New mini bosses will be added in the second update this month on the 27th. See the patch information below:

October 7th - Update Part 1:

• Experimental bigger towers and clustering changes
  • New ranged/melee weapon variety
  • Stat Allocation System: choose where you put stat points when you level up!
  • A new Huntress build
  • New costumes
  • Enemy rebalancing and more!

October 27th - Update Part 2:

• Two new maps!
  • A new Incursion
  • New minibosses
  • Four new hero builds
  • New spooky costumes and more!

If you assume the new bosses will be skels, factor in game breaking bugs and server instability due to the flood gates being opened. We should have about 30 seconds before the November monthly mission to get the last 70 skel kills we need. :D

The big part to keep in mind here as well is the second update is PLANNED for the 27th, so if that doesn't come out then everyone putting this off until then will be boned big time.

this month isnt actually that hard

1723c322e9.jpg

just from leveling my characters for incursion to make it easier for myself ive already got around half ( and thats just leveling one character on the gates of dragonfall  free play hard. i get around 1-2 each match.

legendarys drop quite a lot so its no surprise thats already finished and incursions arnt that hard to do with a level 20 monk and a level 50 apprentice 

Do end game Liferoot not sure skeleleon is on the other maps but it counts for the monthly. Don't just rely on Plaguing Hulks.

here's my progress just farming nm4 maps for items. it's not really hard nor tedious nor boring.. but I guess it depends on what map you're able to do at the moment. just remember to farm end-game maps for it. :)

ZHWP89E.jpg

Did 2*30 rounds of unslaught, got 5 per 30 rounds (average 1 per 6 rounds then : so 1 per 18 waves).

Did some end game nm2 maps, average 1 per match, so 1 per 7 waves.

@AtcsyDaBaws ⒶⓉⒸⓈⓎ quote:

I dont understrand what skeletons are u talking about. Are they spwan at nm1 lifreroot? Coz i can only farm nm1 liferoot atm.

It is about the Plaguing Hulk. No idea why it is called 'special skeleton bosses' ...maybe there will be additional ones...(?)

I played a bit for the last few days and currently have 8/75. It is not as bad as I had thought. Definitely doable although it won't be easy. (I assume that's what they wanted)

The are two skeleton bosses that count towards the monthly.

Plaguing Hulk and Skeleleon

If you play Liferoot you can get either or both during wave 3 and 6 so if you are lucky you can get 4 on a run towards your monthly. It is normal to get 1-2 per run I have had 3.

IMO it is the most likely map to get your skeletons and a very fast build.