Ok after a good amount of gameplay. somethings i personally believe needs adding or improving.

1. the kick system really needs a change were once wave 1 is done the person within a group can kick or leave. I honestly dont like it when people kick over small things or leave over little things. e.g if one group member places a tower for a reason dont kick him seriously he May have a idea. 

2.   the ping action is badly over used to the point it looks aggressive. i personally see the ping as a way to tell the group need help here. not ping ping ping ( you doing this wrong o my word cant u play , dont place it ther) Ping ping ping ping. lol  but seriously everyone has a play style that works for them and how they use that tower so dont just ping.

3. Can we have a survival mode squire_small.png yep but you dont fight adds or little goblins but a wave of Emoji_Ogre.png.  say round 1 u fight 3 Emoji_Ogre.png and then round 2 you fight maybe 5 of them etc 

4.I love my dummy tower alot. it seems to do fine and last a good amount but a little suggestion can we have it health or defence uped just a tiny bit. This other suggestion might be much but ... can we add element effects to are dummy tower that be so cool.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all things i want to say,are written heremaybe one more thing , when i use a ability, that my Hero dont continued with autohit. i must release the button und push them again

Lens flare are really strong, got in my way. It also clips through the walls. UI scaling would be appreciated.

If anyone hasn't said this yet i will! WE want to be able kick people as host WITHOUT voting and also sell other people's towers! This is NOT a troll post, I'm getting pissed off that other people build towers all over the place and i cannot build properly! I loved dd1 on PS3 and played it for a year and want this in dd2
ALSO drop the deck idea, Its stupid that you can only use 3 classes at a time! PLEASE READ

Don't know why only that posted... But I said, "Trading items should come back along with seeing others stats and armor for bigger maps." Along with finding games... Sick of joining Social Tavern...

Hi love the game. My 2 cents so far                                                                                      1: the current screen doesnt fit my tv screen so some things are cut off                  2: picking up loot while playing is hard. Should just walk through like gold              3: the menu in the defenders forge is really buggy and hangs up alot as well with weapon improvement area.

My suggestion would be a scaling of the screen. It's zoomed in on all of my monitors and televisions, and no amount of tinkering seems to fix it. 

Fix co op split screen views. Pets vendor doesn't allow feeding of player 2 pets.  looting in coop item compare is blank at times.  And possibly change so player 1 doesn't have to hit ok for player 2 to upgrade items.  Perhaps also fix it where. Both can use Forge with out overriding screen making people wait on other. With vendor pets etc 

can there be a function to take a snapshot while all players (including yourself) face towards the users. Similar to little big planet, so you can upload a group shot of your team. at moment everyone can do it, except the player taking the screenshot =[

Ok after having a long night game. i thought of somthing that could help. 

A practice stage

A place you can test around builds and basically learn how to play without worring about losing. You basically get 1 wave but you can reset that one wave when you like. so you can rebuild. also gives you the option to up or lower difficulty. 

Whats everyones thought on this

@DefendWay quote:

A practice stage

A place you can test around builds and basically learn how to play without worring about losing. You basically get 1 wave but you can reset that one wave when you like. so you can rebuild. also gives you the option to up or lower difficulty. 

good idea, but it would have to be a later wave, as the beginning waves don't really have anything to worry about until wave 4-5. Then wyverns and other aerials are added

Bring back the call out from dd1

Reasons:

1. the sounds are just awesome :-)(there should be an option to disable the sound for social tavern pp. for those Call out spamers!)

2. its perfect to call for help so everyone knows where the mob is breaking through. The flag is not a good option for me.

There should be a small sign on the map, where the call out came from

Can we please have the ability to "lock" items in our inventory by pressing r3 or something to stop accidental sales? (i did this twice). And also a "sell all" option for the temporary items bag would be cool thank you

The mana behind enemy spawn barriers can't be reached.

Enemies get stuck behind barriers, especially Betsy's stage, right lane.

When upgrading, Player 1 shouldn't have to confirm player 2's upgrade.

(This seems impossible but, it will be better if both players didn't have to wait for each other for shopping, upgrading, checking inventory etc.)

Option to go to public or private tavern from the menu.

More token rewards and more daily missions.

Also, we should be able to equip a weapon/shield for its' looks and then one for its' stats.

@Shaolinsun quote:

@DefendWay quote:

A practice stage

good idea, but it would have to be a later wave, as the beginning waves don't really have anything to worry about until wave 4-5. Then wyverns and other aerials are added

Thanks, i was thinking on a one wave idea. wer you get things like wyverns etc . 

Rather than going wave after wave. you have kinda 1 infit wave just so you can practice as you like. the crystal after losing health would just rest wave and go back to build phase, 

Really everyone has said what I want to say.

1. Screen size adjustment

2. Item lock in inventory

3. Tutorial level

4. And a mute button in the tavern PLEASE! SO many 12yr old kids badly singing rap songs and commenting on every pixel.

@Aids - L4D2 quote:

When entering lower levels than my character  level, stage one and I'm level 30 For example, my character is nerfed. How do I remove this or can you guys remove that.

I have to say that I don't mind the nerf, since it means that people don't bring characters way over the level requirements for completing the level.

@Valde quote:

I would also like the loot button changed, maybe to a swipe on the touch pad. Something can be mapped to a swipe in any four directions on the pad.

really love that idea. would be pretty innovative too. I dont know even one game which uses swipe comands!

other points:

- re-buy function in inventory (if you sold accidently)

- overview inventory: (more/better?) highlighted equipted item, more/better highlighted item quality

- faster loading of item features 

- box for items to safe (e.g. 20 slots, for more you can pay...)

- item sets to collect, equip and get a bonus

- more heros 

- maybe level for abilities to push/train

- stats after a game but no MVP or at least no bonus for the MVP (would become a mess and no great teamwork anymore

For a pre-alpha it's already a nice game. Awaiting every patch, fix, etc. 

Dungeon Defenders was a great game. Not only did I get to have a lot of fun with my friends, but i also got to add to my collection of trophies. While I enjoy getting trophies, I'm in it for the long run as I enjoy getting that last symbol of accomplishment that trophy hunters aim for - the glorious Platinum Trophy. After looking at the achievement list on Steam I am beginning to believe that this game may not contain a platinum trophy. I am posting this in hope that I may receive word from a developer on whether or not this will happen. I believe I speak from most trophy hunters when I say that although this is a great game so far, it would add that extra spark that would cause more of us to buy the game while it's still in its pre-alpha stage. Thank you and have a great day!

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Lots of great feedback here, Defenders! Stickied!

Hey Tim,

Once the Game has been developed to a full game, can I suggest that we then use the time to catch the PS4 version up to the PC version? Then we could have both games fully developed with patches and updates coming alongside each other in the future. These month long delays are killing me.

Thanks

@bobby 5557 quote:

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Lots of great feedback here, Defenders! Stickied!

Hey Tim,

Once the Game has been developed to a full game, can I suggest that we then use the time to catch the PS4 version up to the PC version? Then we could have both games fully developed with patches and updates coming alongside each other in the future. These month long delays are killing me.

Thanks

I disagree STRONGLY here. This is the kind of mindset which creates the 'Master Race' arguments as well as what caused SEGA's online department so much trouble with their Phantasy Star games.

The PS4 version has a lot LESS to worry about being broken when it gets to it. The first patch is slow because, otherwise, we'd have the first wipe have happened already, and not everyone's yet got into the game.

Once Wipeageddon's happened, I see the major updates coming thick and fast, depending on Sony more than Trendy. They're probably trying hard to negotiate with Sony to get their updates bumped up the verification timetable.

Wanted to offer my own feedback as well. I played DD1 across multiple platforms and loved it. Happy to see there is a console edition of DD2, even if it's not on the xbone.

Please note that I do not play with others unless it's split screen co-op. I've had too many issues with people online (loud mics, unhelpful, kick happy, etc) to have any desire to deal with it. I either play solo or with someone I can high-five right next to me.

With that, here's what I've found so far in the first week of playing. For one of these I'm going to make a separate thread as I think it's a big problem (mana). 

Suggestions:

1. Item buyback. Too many times I've accidentally hit square and sold something great.
  2. Inventory item sort with L3 click. This should allow me to cycle through iLvl, equip lvl, cost. Please remember my last selection so it's still there when I go back in.
  3. Mana amount just doesn’t feel right whatsoever. On every map I barely have enough to upgrade 5 walls during waves 3 - 5, let alone enough to upgrade any towers.
  4. Hero Deck. Like so many posts before that I've read, I really dislike it too. This may go back to me being a solo/couch co-op player too.
  5. Hunter flask throw special attack. Why do we have to select a different button for the throw? I'd think it would be the same button to select the attack. Triangle once to pull up aim, triangle again to throw. 
  6. Please give me the ability to start in private tavern. I've seen a few other posts on this and agree completely with them.
  7. Lock equipped items so they cannot sell.
  8. I'm not a fan of the new pet system at all either. I've read many posts on this too so I won't dwell here. I'd rather spend 8 hours repeatedly farming for awesome pets than to just sit and wait for 8 hours in hopes that it's a good one.
  9. As mentioned elsewhere, please don't let the forge take over the entire screen.
  10. PLEASE give me the ability to pause the game when solo or in split screen.
  11. Please remove the timeout when solo or split screen. Especially since it's so short.
  12. Using a special attack should not interrupt the trigger press for normal attack. I should be able to hold R2 for my normal attack, launch a special while keeping R2 held down, then have my normal attack pick up and continue after the special has completed its animation.
  13. Please bring back the callouts. My friends, to this day, still greet each other with an "A-O!" or "O-A!".
  14. Why are lower level maps locking on me? I just reached lvl 20 with a cpl characters and noticed that the first two maps are now locked. That seems very odd to me. (potential bug?)
  15. Allow me to move the camera while placing towers. Sometimes I have to place at my feet or place when I'm near a wall and it's very difficult to see the spread.
  16. Please let me rotate the camera when I'm attacking. Locking the camera as I attack usually leads to me to a not-so-lovely view of the wall in front of me, and I can't see a thing of what's happening behind me.
  17. No pet slot in inventory and no way to unequip a pet.

Bugs:

1. Selling last item in inventory list causes active selection to lose place and jump to a different item menu.
  2. Selecting levels or spheres seems to be wonky. it seems that the controller scheme is set to go only four directions, but you use a circular pattern with the layout of levels and spheres. This makes it difficult to get to the right one easily. And, oftentimes, it will hit the one you want and then just jump to the next.
  3. Timing out when selecting private tavern. 
  4. Inventory doesn’t seem correct. I show 107 of 228, but inventory is full and items are being thrown to temporary. I'm assuming that the misc isn't showing up in this list even though it's counting towards it.
  5. When in the forge, sometimes the current level/xp guage shows behind button guide at bottom of screen.
  6. Player one has to say “OK” when split screen player leaves. I've found a few other instances of this, but I've also read other posts on it so am sure you're aware.
  7. Scroll bar to right of inventory is always a 100% full bar, thereby making it a bit useless as a visual reference.

One final thing I'd like to say... Please don't feel the need to take every single aspect of DD1 and change it. So far DD2 feels a bit like you're trying to improve on every single thing of the first game, by changing it somehow.  DD1 was simple and an absolute blast. DD2 feels.. way too complicated, and some of the magic of DD1 seems to be lost in that complication.