@Hibbard007 quote:

also i think everyone shud have there own loot as in mana drops and energy drops its hard to build when people taking blues and greens just being easier for everyone to build there own stuff if they had there own green and blue drops.

I seem to remember a lot of blues at least when I was playing, and the greens I think everyone has their own green I think too (at least from the chests)  It distributes it equally.  If someone drops out another chest becomes available I think. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suggestion  for trendy maybe fill in some of the people on here with stuff in the next patch show them where we are headed. A lot of this stuff they are talked about come in the patches that are coming our way it may also help them understand the path we are on.

you guys should of started after the wipe patch with level 50 and all that.

This feels so short I mean we can't even do Betsy on campaign. all 4 25s and all have 136 to 160 ipwr.

so for my suggestion I say get those patches out as fast and clean as possible you guys may even want yo hire a bigger company or more people to help them. because with out them coming out fast the console fans are use to more patchs and updates we are going to be about 8 patches and 3 major updates away from you guys on pc by the oct 27 . pc will still be going strong with patches and updates. I don't want to see the game go the way of DD! on console where they had not even 8% of what the pc had.

Here are my suggestions

1. Auto loot pick up just like coins or use touch pad to swipe pick it up   Using X makes me just jump around a lot

2  the animation for the chests at the end is too long.  Shorten it our make it skipable 

3  after the match ends there should be more time to collect items on the map and view players' kills/damage/etc.  maybe don't have the time start ticking down till the party leader initiates it

4  the presentation in the original dungeon defender showing a line chart and a line for each player made it really clear who was a top performer   The current bar chart presentation is not clear

5  a tutorial regarding upgrading, raising pets, completing daily and monthly quests would be helpful

6 allowing you to rename the gear after you max out its upgrade would be fun

7  marking the loot on the mini map would be helpful

8  a brief cut scene story between each new fighting area would be cool

9  I would like to be able to share loot and coins with other players (such as online friends or split screen players)

10  eggs should not go bad or you should be able to spend coins to incubate more eggs   

I am really enjoying it and think the above changes could make it a 5 star game  

PLEASE add a "push to talk" button!  People are logging in and I hear everything going on in their house and they'd hear the same in mine if I enabled the voice chat!  I will not take part until there is one because it's just crazy.

RANDOM PLAYERS - DEFENSE HELP

While playing with randoms there were many occasions, I would violently ping a spot and shoot at a person to get them to build their tower there to help out.  Some would understand but many would just turn away, return to their little corner, and only protected their own lane. 

So my solution is to maybe using the one of the d-pad buttons to open a defense suggestion. 
When the menu opens, it will let you choose one of the random players that is in your party.  Then you can suggest a defensive tower they own and place it the way you want it to be placed. 

Then the player that you requested the tower from, will see a marker on their screen and the requested tower.  When they get over to the spot, they can use the same d-pad button to hold and choose to place it or not.  The cost of the tower will come out the player who requested the tower

Need to be able to choose only hard or only normal settings. Hate being thrown into a game or tavern and then being forced to waste my time playing normal. .. or have to wait for the first wave and see how easy the monsters die and guess if it's hard or normal then have to quit a match in the middle of the wave when I realize it's a waste of time. It should at least say normal or hard when I hit the pause button so at least I can quit before a wave starts if I'm thrown into a normal game... but really there just needs an option to only search for hard games.

Huntress square button ability seems broken. When I aim up to use it to cover more ground or distance I often still shoot straight. There should be a fixed trajectoryfor this shot so I can control the arc myself by aiming straight or up or down.

Huntress flask toss is cool but I often find that for some reason she didn't throw it and I can't shoot and takes a second to figure out that it's because my flask aimer is still there and it's out of range so it does nothing. Clunky ability to use for fast hero thatccan't take any damage. If you over reach the max distance it should just throw the max distance in that direction instead of just do nothing until you aim at the ground again.

Auto heal should happen after so many seconds. My huntress gets hit with one bomb or giant hammer and my screen is red. I escape and don't get hit for 5 minutes and I'm still red. At least I should start healing if i retreat to the crystal.

The alchemist is just the worst character I've ever seen. He should look more like gandalf or something. .. or really anyone else. Anyone. For being such an important character that you see between rounds often... he shouldn't be so poorly designed and ugly. He's like a creepy little dwarf troll with the face of the mad tv character... really awful.  I'm not suggesting that he needs to be turned into a hot chic (although it wouldn't hurt). Just saying he needs to be more appealing...or at least less repulsive... 

On the point of all the tavern charcters...why are they all either super giant or super short? None of the fixed characters are the same relative size as our playable charcters... makes no sense.

The pets are absolutely terrible in this game so far. In the last game they were so cool and my favorite part.  they are cheaply modeled. .. the dragons look more like the ghost "boo" from Mario then a dragon... the stats of these creature and attack rates are so annoying and useless. They make constant irritating sounds and there is no way to shut them up. If they did significant damage every time they made annoying noises and they were at least cool looking like dragons from the first game I would be more tolerant.

And the Gatos pets... 3 variants of cat pets which all shoot feces at enemies... now I know there are lots of children who play this game that probably love south park style toilet humor...  but I would guess that at least half your audience is more mature then this so to make 3 of these prominent as part of the first 8 pets we see is really making me skeptical. ... i will never use a cat regardless of stats because I don't want charcters running around shooting *** everywhere. .. i think it's it's low brow immature garbage. One terrible *** throwing donkey from the first game was bad enough. Imo. At least it was hard to get and only one... 

Incubation and feeding...sigh...'nuff said...

Also mention a thousand times but needs to be drilled into the devs heads is that the jump bbutton in any game ever....should never be the interaction button. Someone mentioned R3. Excellent idea.

Inventory organization:  there needs to be a way to search through all your junk to find specific item types. A pull down menu with search options like warrior, mage, guardian,  rook, etc. You could add a second search list for epic+, mythical+, 20+ upgrade lvls, etc.. a game called "loadout" had tons of parts and inventory and they had what i thought was a decent and user friendly inventory search by using L1 and R1 in inventory to pull down search options.

A personal chest in the tavern so I can store stuff I'd like to save for later. Preferably with folders so I can build armor sets and store then separately. I the first game everyone had to do this manually by dropping specific things in specific piles all over their tavern. Very messy. Some sort of folder option in a bottomless chest would be great.

On that note... i enjoyed dropping weapons I no longer needed for my friends to have in the first game. Sharing is caring.

Keep up the great work trendy. Sorry if I seem a bit negative in some of this. Just making points. I've been looking forward to this game since before ps4 was out. Very excited it's on its way and I'm sure it will keep getting better.

@ChaosVengeance quote:

While playing with randoms there were many occasions, I would violently ping a spot and shoot at a person to get them to build their tower there to help out.  Some would understand but many would just turn away, return to their little corner, and only protected their own lane. 

So my solution is to maybe using the one of the d-pad buttons to open a defense suggestion. 
When the menu opens, it will let you choose one of the random players that is in your party.  Then you can suggest a defensive tower they own and place it the way you want it to be placed. 

Then the player that you requested the tower from, will see a marker on their screen and the requested tower.  When they get over to the spot, they can use the same d-pad button to hold and choose to place it or not.  The cost of the tower will come out the player who requested the tower

Why are you trying to tell others how to play?  This is why we need push to talk, so people will leave their voice chat on and can actually communicate.

Just a suggestion please update and bring back Glitterhelm Caverns with Monster fest. Also bosses like the first game what was it every 3 stages? PLEASE add special weapons for the huntress, monk etc., please add a damage effect to the frostbite tower, to great it slows them but it does nothing other than slowing.

@Pashta quote:

@ChaosVengeance quote:

Why are you trying to tell others how to play?  This is why we need push to talk, so people will leave their voice chat on and can actually communicate.

This game is a co-op game.  If one person lose, the entire team loses.  My suggestion is to ask others to co-op play by helping with each other defenses.  I was able to communicate to other players just fine, but there are players who choose not to voice chat.  I do not know their reasons but I am not telling them that they have to chat. 

This suggestion is extremely helpful for those who are chatting as well.  Have you ever asked your friends to place down a tower that you needed.  I'm am not saying that you have to tell everyone where to build a defense. 

For example, you are playing your Knight character and you have a defense full of Cannons.  What would be better than having a Frost Tower next to your cannons.  But the Mage in your party doesn't have a mic. 

Case in point:
@Pashta quote:

PLEASE add a "push to talk" button!  People are logging in and I hear everything going on in their house and they'd hear the same in mine if I enabled the voice chat!  I will not take part until there is one because it's just crazy.

Their family is in the background and they can not hear you. 

Using this suggestion, you can easily ask for a tower you may need to help your defensive position. 

Inventory

• Glitchy
  • Item Cursor is difficult to see
  • Why does currently equipped item also show on the right hand side with a thumb icon?  

Based on screenshots I've seen of the PC Inventory (which is completely redesigned), I assume these changes will make their way over to the PS4 version.

Co-Op Bugs

• Control Scheme changes apply to both players (In other words, both players must use inverted aim, or non-inverted aim, there are no individual options
  • Chest bug -  When opening a green chest, that chest then turns dark, yet the 2nd player can still open this chest and get gems (with no animation)

Suggestion

• When examining dropped loot (before picking it up), shouldn't the thumbs up/down be immediately visible so that we have a quick indication of the item power?  I only realized you could hit R3 to pull up an additional menu showing the thumb AFTER reach level 25, this does not seem intuitive to me.

Note to Developer

• I understand what Pre-Alpha means.  In addition, I have read many of the posts you have written regarding console patches and the complications that come with it.  Having said that, I still think Trendy could do a better job at keeping the console community in the loop with your future plans.  My understanding right now is that the patches that have already hit PC will hit PS4 at some point, but this is something I've only understood after heavily combing through forum posts and piecing things together.  I think we would all appreciate more information on future plans, not really dates, but just what is a priority/what isn't, what is being planned for the next patch, etc.

So get this. I have had the defenders pack for about two weeks. I log in today and both my lvl 19 monk and 24 wizard are gone, including my 3,000 gems and items for purchasing the pack..  It asked me to make a new character, so whatever I did. Thinking my other  characters would be in my deck after creating it, and sure enough they were not. WTF not cool.

Echoing the sentiments for the addition of text chat, either pull down menus, or a text prompt to chat with . The ps party makes voice chat difficult as public players might be in one and unable to hear one another, or unwilling.

I'd also like the ability to bring a full scale map up doom style to see the general quality, layout, and health of the towers, etc.

Pushing L3 (inspect) on a player should bring up basic stats so you can see if they are worth playing higher levels with.

Banner ping should work on towers. I try to ping towers that are poorly placed or need some sort of attention. 

Need a way to view difficulty in menu or UI/hud. 

When tavern leader selects a map and difficulty I shouldget a pop up showing his choices and 10 seconds to follow him or back out. I can't stress enough how important it is in any game to know what difficulty you are playing...i shouldn't have to wait to see what color the dragons are.

Purple Barney good. Orange Barney bad.

Please make it where you can't sell items you currently have equipped. I have done that a few times since the inventory screen is so glitchy. I would really love a item lock option so I can lock items in my inventory to keep from selling them.

@djbon2saterp ya the chest everyone gets there own but if seen many a time guys running in front of me and collecting alll the green energy in sense everyone is gnna have to watch there one door  or area just to get there own green energy. 

Agree with a lot here; 

font is way too small.

Menus are ok, but maybe a better format?  Sometimes feels clunky/wonky

A lot of quirkiness/bugs- nothing game breaking yet, main menu spazzed a bit sometimes.  Also local or private matches spazz a bit sometimes dropping players or screen spazz and have to reload. 

Attack animations feel hollow- maybe vibration support, I want to feel a little chunkier when I do a melee attack, also the jump attack could use another motion/animation, would be cool

Mounts.  I suggest this for literally every game I play.  Not out of need, out of Coolness.  I want to ride a cat.  Even if it doesn't make me faster.  Example would be DOTA2... There's not a major reason for them.. Sure these a bit, but it's not WOW they're just cool.  I'd pay for a cat to ride... Just a thought...

Button scheme for managing towers (placing doesn't seem to allow rotation even though it says it can... Am I doing it wrong?) but also repairing/upgrading/recalling seems a bit redundant to have to re-arm the function by hitting R1+facebutton+aim+X every time... Are u considering a better butting scheme for these tower managements?

@Seanshineyouth quote:

Button scheme for managing towers (placing doesn't seem to allow rotation even though it says it can... Am I doing it wrong?) but also repairing/upgrading/recalling seems a bit redundant to have to re-arm the function by hitting R1+facebutton+aim+X every time... Are u considering a better butting scheme for these tower managements?

To rotate towers, you have to hold the X button whilst pivoting the tower in the desired position and release the X button to place it how you have adjusted it, hope this helps.

A couple of suggestions which I assume will be added in Future updates and sorry if this has already been said.

1. In the start Menu, it would be nice to see the Level you are playing and the difficulty because I'm not too familiar with the maps at the moment, and would make it easier for me to do the missions in the order they are supposed to be done in. 

2. Being able to view other players characters just like in dungeon defenders 1. Obviously this is Pre-alpha so should be corrected.

3. Equipped Items need to be locked, I have accidentally sold equipped items before but for some reason if you sell all the unwanted gear by spamming square, when your equipped weapon is highlighted, you are unable to sell it, I understand this must be a safety feature but surely you shouldn't be able to sell it in the first place.

4. On hard mode, no timer is shown when you are dead. 

5. At the moment, in social tavern, it isn't clear when you invite someone to your group, you press X to invite, no pop up comes up to tell you to invite them but invites them anyway. You should need to send an invitation to them for them to join you.

I think that's what I have noticed so far that needs adjusting but will post later on when I have explored the game more.

A Larger Variety Of Pets And Not Only For Premium, And like a 1% Chance For Pet Drop On Major Bosses Like Betsy Would Be Nice, Also Adding More Variety of Food Coming From Pet Box

Am Loving this game lots already :) 

Some things i like to see and most people may of already covered 

emotes or txt chat. so it allow abit social play. 

Able to host game.

A heads up before starting a mission. getting thrown in one without waring when i was upgrading was scary lol 

Would it be possible to give us an "opposite sex" skin?  I'd gladly pay for it with gems.  I am female and I want to be a female mage.

Ello and good day. been rockin out pre alpha since it dropped. kick ace so far. id have to suggest a buy back button if its not been said yet.