Sign in to follow this  
CaptBoxershorts

Suggestion thread PS4

@ClockworkGod quote:

To the person having problems with the eggs, you take them to the little guy to the right of the entrance.  You can incubate them there and have them hatch to pets.  Feed the pets and you get stronger pets.

Thanks, I figured that out after a little google time and video watching. Not too difficult but probably a good thing to better explain in the game for new players.

I agree with mostly everything else people are saying but I want to add one small thing.

A color slider for color optimization and customization.  I remember in the first one that was really a cool small feature because it made everyones character seen personal despite just having the same model.  

I hope the change did not cause for this to be impossible because reasons but I feel that color slider for customization would be a nice touch so even if people had the same armor it would still feel "unique" in a sense.

I didn't see any unified bugs message so I'm adding the wonky things to this suggestion thread and suggesting they get fixed.  ;-)

Need the ability to test the traps of the Elf in the same way every other defense is tested.  The traps do not trigger when they are placed near a dummy so you can't test.

The end of game loot screens mess up a LOT.  Won't show stats, won't correctly show best loot received, (And sometimes won't show any) won't show the option to continue, won't allow you to exit or return to tavern.  Needs to be looked at end to end.

There's a bug with the timed loot section of the inventory.  If there is nothing there and you press X to go in, it doesn't look like it does anything.  You still maneuver on the outside menu. But if you go to another section where there are items you can't press X to enter until you press O to exit.  Suddenly, you can enter the other section.

The Adventure map seems buggy.  I had unlocked through the 7th mission.  Had to log out and came back later to only having the 3rd mission unlocked.  And no further missions unlocked during my playthroughs in that session.

You shouldn't have to run to an NPS to switch to a private tavern. I'll echo the need for a setting to start in a Private lobby but the menu option to move there should be through the pause menu.  The table gets a bit crowded...

Speaking of, what is that nutter's purpose other than creating an extra step before going to the map?  From the map I should be directly able to host a session and mark it public or private, join an open public session, or join a private session I've been invited to.  (If I'm in a private tavern, I'm already hosting a private session...)

When you're combining items, you need to be able to see the end level you'll reach with the items you are sacrificing and not just the current level.  And that x2 randomness is kind of crap.  Quite often I'm loading up my item with five sacrifices and it maxes out the needed amount then I'll get the x2 indicator and it's completely wasted.  Either drop some of the items I'm sacrificing or make the random bonus not use a random item in my sacrifice list.  Free XP, Yay!

Also in the item combiner, when I remove one f the sacrifices, it doesn't re-tally the XP bar of the item.  Needs to be looked at.

And again with the item combiner... The menu system needs to be more fluid.  I hit O to remove a sacrifice or the Item to enhance but it goes into the item category selector...  Where I have to hit O again to remove the sacrifice.  Either make it so the categories/items are maneuvered with the analog/D Pads or have one button t add an item/sacrifice another to remove the item, and a third to back out of the category.  (Square button isn't being used here...  Remove item with Square...)

CG

I agree with mistaking Lee and Brixel on both counts and for pets I understand a 8 hour incubation for a high end pet but for a low level?? Not working for me . And Hero customisation is needed just hair and outfit color would do.

There are two big improvements I would love to see. Both of them have to do with the map. 

1. There needs to be some way to make the map larger so that things are more easily seen.

2. The tower health should be more apparent on the map so you know where it is most vital to repair and upgrade

1. Some sort of emote system for recomendations for group play e.g. "sell this defense...repair defense here...wall needed here etc.  

2.  Have a way to lock your equipped gear so you can't sell it by accident or a buyback tab.  

1. Do something about screen size please, make this an option for non-high definition televisions. Also I might add do something about text size. Sometimes it strains my eyes and becomes uncomfortable, this makes me not want to play and enjoy the game.

2. Split Screen needs to be fixed. I love spending time with friends who come over or my girlfriend, sitting on the couch playing the game for hours. The only thing is when we wanna equip gear one of us is locked out from playing. Maybe try a borderlands style menu? It just feels a little spotty in some places, sometimes it boots the second player from the game if I join a group and still say "stay together".

3. A bank system would do wonders!

4. A start menu inventory, or something to really clean up this mess of where items go. I get so lost moving stuff around or seeing what I have. When I get eggs and food, it just becomes a cluster and to difficult to deal with.

5. More fluent menu screen, something that shows when I wanna play single player from multiplayer.  

6. Maps are too dark and make it difficult to see where you are going, even when playing in a dark room. DD1 had brighter maps with clearer boundaries. 

We need to be able to see the loot on the map like the original game, please.  Also it's very important to add some clue on how to open the chest at the end of a level, as I was clueless about it, thought I had to hit it.

Also, please fix the music that plays when you look at the Dungeon Defenders 2 game on the XMB bar.  It sounds like it's very poor quality and the music isn't even music from the game (that I know of, I didn't recognize it).  I had my headphones on and the difference between that and the other music on other games is extreme.

1. Loot really doesn't seem to matter in this game. I keep getting items around the same level, but the stat effects don't seem to do much, if anything. It doesn't feel special getting an item that has the potential to be the most powerful.

2. Do stats even matter? Leveling up, attaining new gear, enhancing current gear, and having a pet seem to do nothing at all. My character doesn't feel the least bit special. I went back to the first mission after hitting level 20 to see if there was anything different and my towers still take like two shots to kill the basic enemies. I try to stack tower health, but nothing seems to matter all that much. I don't notice any statistical difference in my towers, and my character itself feels completely useless. I can slow enemy progression but that's about all my character seems to be capable of.

3. We need something different for picking up loot. X as jump, activate map defenses, and pick up loot is a horrible idea. I constantly jump when wanting to interact with things on the map, and visa versa. Maybe up or down on the d-pad to fix some of this? 

4. Objects falling off the map happens far too often. Crystals, money, and items continuously fall off the map. Maybe install some sort of invisible net to capture stuff like this? 

5. Co-op play makes me feel even less important as a character. I get enough green crystals to build a couple towers at the start of the match and I have to collect for the rest of the match in order to build or even upgrade once. I can't upgrade hardly at all in co-op. 

6. The lack of green crystals is disturbing. I only have enough to upgrade a few defenses per round. I remember dungeon defenders 1 going much differently. I would actually be able to max out defenses where as here, logically only going up to grade 2 makes sense. 

7. Hero abilities suck for the most part. At least, the mages do. DD1, mana bomb had a much larger reach and destroyed everything. I gotta stand next to an enemy to deal like 2 damage now... 

8. Text chat would be greatly appreciated in battle and in lobby. 

9. Give a much more detailed explanation of what "free play" is. Still not entirely sure. 

10. Let us choose which map we'd like to start searching for a group on, rather than throwing us into any match. 

11. More maps please squire_small.pngSeems like we blow through content pretty quickly. I'm sure that'll be addressed in the future. 

12. Maybe change up the loot a bit? Currently you have to play the same two or three maps to get anything even remotely close to good. So far, I've only played one map that had very high leveled loot. I know going back to the very first dungeon to try and farm godly items shouldn't be a thing. But when I can't choose what level to join when playing online and I get forced into a low level dungeon with enemies that take a while to kill...it's exhausting. 

In game peoples names need to be bigger so we can spot them on the map better.  

Leaving taverns is a pain for everyone!  

should be able to check your stats outside of forge.

perks with movement boost are annoying and can get you killed.  frame rate issues on top of getting that boost will kill you in several maps.

duplicates in armor from lock boxes.  i cant get rid of them so they're taking up space.

obviously inventory management / interface needs fixed.  going into your temporary bag is rather annoying, especially when I just want to sell entire bag.

Progression in campaign levels need to be better labled.  I know the gates are the beginning and throne room is the last level.  The path visually on screen just needs to be improved.

There is something going on, when people check stats on towers we all see different numbers.  

Leveling up items is rather annoying as well. (again!) also when i try to skip it doesn't let me allocate my points, I have to go back into and manually do it.

I want to be able to view other peoples stats whenever or at least in the tavern.

So far blacksmith and artifact shop seems useless to me, I seen friend pull a legendary but majority of the time its garbage.

Being able to turn camera angle in combat could help a bit, if possible?

Any who, I'm really enjoying game keep up hard work!

1. I remember in the first one that when walking up to the spawn areas it would show what types of monsters were going to spawn there. I miss that, it helps a lot when determining where i need to build up first and where i need to stay and fight. It would help a lot in the beginning of levels like the third one when 2 trexs show up  and maul my defenses away and I was like "what just happened... oh yeah those show up over there".

2. I would also kind of like a Cancel wave start option because I'm frequently accidentally starting levels without putting down any additional towers and lose because of it

I just spent gems to open up my second arcane chest and got exactly what was in my first arcane chest.  Now the item is stuck in inventory.  Make it so items that are already unlocked can't be given again when you open a chest.  Otherwise, no one will spend any money to open them.

And you might want to check the code for selling items.  If one item that should be able to be sold (it shows a value of 2000 gold) can't be, other items may also be affected.

In split screen when the second controller is upgrading items the first controller has to push okay through the using epic and higher stuff for upgrading for it to work, tends to be a bit annoying. Lol

When entering lower levels than my character  level, stage one and I'm level 30 For example, my character is nerfed. How do I remove this or can you guys remove that.

also i think everyone shud have there own loot as in mana drops and energy drops its hard to build when people taking blues and greens just being easier for everyone to build there own stuff if they had there own green and blue drops.

im also a little disappointed about the how they reduced the amount of towers they have compared to DD miss those auras and traps from DD lol.

i made a thread about this but I'll post it here too in  the hopes that the right people will see it

Make R3 the universal command button - So my biggest qualm about the game is how the jump button is also the same button used for about every other function in the game. This causes me to jump over at times and delay picking it up or inversely picking up loot when I intended to jump over something,  it has caused me to accidentally sell/upgrade the wrong traps. It also creates a situation where if I am trying to place a trap and step off of a small ledge I have to cancel the command and jump back up then reissue the command. Currently the R3 button shares the same function as holding L1 and pressing R1. I feel like this is a bit redundant as dropping a banner isn't used so much as to justify it being a button that your thumb is literally poised to press at all times. Binding the universal function (place trap, sell trap, upgrade trap, etc) to the R3 button will also allow easier placement of traps, more accuracy when choosing which to upgrade and much easier to pickup loot and chests. Currently you have to aim with R3 and then remove your thumb and press X, this extra action feels very clunky as I am already using my thumb to aim the cursor over what I want to interact with then must quickly move my thumb over to one of the other thumb buttons to perform the action. It just feels more natural to use the button that is bound to the analog stick that is used for cursor movement for functions associated with positioning the cursor.

List of benefits from changing the R3 button into the interact fucntion

* More accurate trap placement, no more moving the cursor ever so slightly off target while moving your thumb off stick.

* Easier loot pickups as well as being able to jump while looting (rather than then looting)

* Loot won't cause you to fail jumping when you need to jump.

* Could jump while placing traps, repairing, selling, upgrading traps. Meaning you can do it on the run more effectively.

* Jumping wont be disabled while trying to place/interact with traps or when loot accidentally gets in your way during combat

* It just 'feels' more smoother and more natural allowing you to aim and interact at the same time rather than independently

there is probably a slew of other benefits as well. As far as I'm concerned there is are 3 extra buttons on the controller (D-pad, up, D-pad down and R3 since its function is duplicated elsewhere in the controls)

-On the PS4 I would really love to have a couch co-op option. This was how I played the original Dungeon Defenders.  My Mom, My brother, and I could all play on the same screen. I went to show the game to my friends and realized I couldn't play with them even though we were all right there together. Playing games like this are way more fun when they are social, and for me that is hanging out with my family or friends in the same location.

-It is super frustrating how when somebody you have been randomly paired up with walks away from the game for an indefinite time, and they are the party leader, so you can't start a level. This wouldn't be so bad except when you leave to search for a new group you often get thrown back in to the same group with the absentee leader. A solution could be a majority vote on shifting leader or if some one is AFK too long it switches to some one who is active. Or another solution could be to let you choose a level and have a short timer where people could opt in to join you and if they don't it searches out others looking for the same area as you. I am sure there are many other ways to fix this problem, but I do think it needs to be fixed. I got stuck with an AFK leader for nearly twenty minutes before I switched to private game just so I could play.

-Are there going to be story segments like in the first? I really liked the story, which is part of what made the first so fun.

My suggestions;

1.  On the map, put the max level allowed.  It would be handy to know that this locations is maxed at out x level.  This way you have some idea if you are strong enough to actually run it.

2.  Clan/group support w/bank.

3.  Trading items 

possibly fix lag on ps4 in social tavern spikes also in game co op, treasure  chests bug a bit in co=op as well invisible walking around people and idlers everyone sets up traps all over and drowns down area with things ..

hmm Are we getting Halloween update on ps4 ? this month

edit added needs a fps fix it speeds slows and the enemies in far distance stutter as if on conveyor belt with no animations. 

cant unequip pet , and everyone social taverns not showing in menu was working great at launch now the game feels memory leaked? if that's  a  possible way to put it