This was part of something I posted on another thread, but I thought it should be here, so cut, paste, here you go:

. . . have one of the NPCs give missions, as many as we want. Dole them out one at a time, or ideally, let us choose from a list. That way, if you like the "win X times" model, you choose one of those. If (like me) you find the old type of challenge more interesting, you can do those missions. By old type, I mean things like igniting so many enemies, using the environment, stuff like that. Be as creative as you want. Do it on a certain difficulty, do it with 2 players, 3 or 4. No blockades, all Abyss Lords, have fun with it. More medals for harder missions. Maybe the Knight Commander gives out straightforward missions (win X times), but one or more shadier types (Tavernkeeper, Old Man) can tell you about more complex missions. Seems like that might keep more people playing, more games going - give you more to grind for.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cluigi quote:

The scavenger...it would be nice if he had a "sell all" command, or even a "clear all" command.

I think they are already working on a new inventory experience for all platforms, but this is defenitely something that has to be added

• 2 weeks later...

1) I kno this is coming but Id really love to see a rush on a new inventory system. We need a buy back option, gear thats equip not to still b in list of junk, less moments when it lags and jumps, and some sort of storage :) 

2) Please include more options for screen display. Why is this the only game i have ever played that doesnt have a screen resize/brightness setting? Screen resize would b AWESOME!

This is minor i suppose but its been a bit irritating. WHen we go to select a map and difficulty and mode the revamp u guys did here was nice but one thing could make it perfect. If you want to scroll back to change mode u gotta scroll thru all the maps and then rescroll when done. Can we have it so we dont need to do that to get back to the top options? I kno there r bigger issues but this does annoy me almost every time im lookin for somethin new to toy wit and im checking ipwr for maps. 

Is the defender units bar ever going to be readable?  As it is now, i have to guess how many units i have left, spam serenity auras to get a better estimate, or stand up, move in front of my tv and put my head like a foot away.  You finally made gear text bigger why cant you do the same here?

• 2 months later...

Keyboard/mouse option for PS4 or at least a faster way to switch between characters in your deck during combat phase. As well as the ability to remap all actions to the keyboard/mouse/controller.

@Deathcrels quote:

[...] a faster way to switch between characters in your deck during combat phase[...]

Faster than pressing L1 + d-pad?

They should rather add an explanation for this shortcut somewhere in the tutorials, because until now it's more like a hidden secret than a feature...

Custom button remapping i agree, this would be really nice.

@sirozan quote:
@Deathcrels quote:

[...] a faster way to switch between characters in your deck during combat phase[...]

Faster than pressing L1 + d-pad?

They should rather add an explanation for this shortcut somewhere in the tutorials, because until now it's more like a hidden secret than a feature...

Custom button remapping i agree, this would be really nice.

Did not know that, and I tried to search it several times. THANK YOU

• 4 weeks later...

i have two suggestion.

1. Please add camera control after placing a defense. currently, after placing a defense you can move it toward the direction you want it to but sometimes you can't see exactly wheres its going.

2. please remove siege roller from power surge. it's just to much to handle for that map. especially love it when 2 shows up and while running to repair a dryad tree, their rocket hits the crystal.

• 1 month later...

Can you release a list of all SHARDS currently in the game so, we know which of the passives we used on gear/skill spheres (before the update) are even still in the game.  

I actually do have 1 major suggestion for the Ascension system.  Whats the point in being giving a point allocation system if we can only invest in the skills we need most every 3 levels.  being forced to invest points in skills that i don't need for my heroes is ridiculous.  each of my active heroes is geared for particular tasks and this divided tree allocation system is stupid. just let us use our ascension point as we see fit.  

@tannerboy15 quote:

Can you release a list of all SHARDS currently in the game so, we know which of the passives we used on gear/skill spheres (before the update) are even still in the game.  

I guess we'll have to find out that on our own, here is how much is known already:

http://dd2tools.com/shards/

After testing the New update on PlayStation i had some trouble finding out what to Do (many things changed and little intro ingame to the changes). Atleast i found out watched some Videos and found out you get Chaos shards After completing the lvl. After i mastered Chaos 1 and 2 i recoqnized no Chaos shards droped and the loot is way to Bad (when you got gear before the update) 

To the shards - Bug? Ereased? 

Right now its quite pointless for me to play without any progression

@TheBeardedCow quote:

After testing the New update on PlayStation i had some trouble finding out what to Do (many things changed and little intro ingame to the changes). Atleast i found out watched some Videos and found out you get Chaos shards After completing the lvl. After i mastered Chaos 1 and 2 i recoqnized no Chaos shards droped and the loot is way to Bad (when you got gear before the update) 

Shards drop (only) from the victory chest if you win a map. Or more specific, it drops a container, which you have to open in your inventory to get a shard out of it.

@sirozan quote:
@TheBeardedCow quote:

Shards drop (only) from the victory chest if you win a map. Or more specific, it drops a container, which you have to open in your inventory to get a shard out of it.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/143271/0-shards-gained-from-last-5-games-chaos-3?scrollTo=1267305#1267305 i found out you have to be on the trial Rubrik under the defense Rubrik - I always thought I could pick a map myself and wondered why I dint got shards. Now its working

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE can chat be implemented on PS4?

So hard to communicate with public groups by individually messaging themkobold.png

suggestion> since wiki is not updated add ingame help some pictures and text just general information game mechanics and content basicly .so people like me dont have to scroll hundreds of comments just to understand the basics of this game im only active in the forums cause its the only way to help me get beyond hard campaign there is a big gapp in the difficulty jump  so here is another suggestion fix that gapp just grinding the last levels of hard campaign isnt enough to pass over to incursions or chaos... maybe add another difficulty campaign ? extra hard? cause hard is still to ez and followups are impossible since money is to hard to get now to upgrade everything so basicly new players are stuck on 300+ campaign replays or have to rely on leaching that does not seem intended in sure but for now its the way it is

1. Auto collect option to auto sell once picked up.

2. Can drop items in player tavern like DD1, can lock and show off collected Pets, weapons shards etc.

3. Hero specific maps, I'd love nothing more than to play as Abyss Lord in a map based on the underworld fighting off other dead enemies. Other heroes can play on the map as well its just themed like one Hero in general.

Hero Map suggestions - 

Apprentice - Apprentice tower, Like a mages tower like alchemical laboratory in DD1 

Squire - Dummy Training room, Like an armory.

Huntress - Open forest themed like robin hood with archery targets and tents.

Monk - Dojo room in the castle, tranquil and dragon themed like his sky tower.

Abyss Lord - Underworld theme with blue soul lakes and no natural light, skeletons would scatter the map of different enemies and smashed cores.

EV2 - Robot factory with old prototypes and big moving machines.

Gunwitch - Carnival themed, big tents.

Lavamancer - Big volcano map, lots of lava, rigid and uneven levels.

The Dryad - Already done! 

4. Trading between players, Yes the game is "free to play" and some will see it as cheating but make some items fixed to the account like lock boxes and shards.

5. Statistics!!! I want to see how many of each enemy I have killed, How  many shards I have collected, How many items of each rarity I have collected, Highest score on each map, visual medals for each difficulty completed like DD1!

I'd love to see these features implemented into the game. 

can we have better camera controls please? on the PC we are able to rotate the camera for better angles while placing towers while on the PS4 theres no way of doing that. The camera is too close behind the hero and its hard to see your surroundings, please let us be able to zoom out more up to a limit.