Sign in to follow this  
CaptBoxershorts

Suggestion thread PS4

Few suggestions for the game, go ahead and post them and I will add them to OP. Remember this is not a "Known issue thread" that is located here:

The text for certain things are very small and hard to read, I have a 60" screen and about 10 feet away. So I should be able to see everything just fine! I will post pictures soon. 

Please leave comments and suggestions! (please provide as many pictures as possible) 

more character slots (I personally would love 12)

oh and also a way to jump in with friends or at least jump into their tavern. 

when going to pick up items, it would help the gameplay if the field area for picking up items was larger to avoid spending too much time trying to make sure the x is hovering over the item.  Especially when trying to kill enemies but also pick up loot

And I'd love to have the map show where we have made upgrades and where we still need to upgrade. 

Special weapons at the end of some levels ...Shaitan 2.0s

I like the idea of having out levels present, over head or in a conspicuous location

1. Not a huge fan of jumping when loot is in the vicinity, especially during battle. Auto loot or picking up loot while jumping would help.

2. Until I learn the maps, would love to have the option for them to rotate in single player. I got used to it in DD1 eventually, but it would be a nice option to have.

3. Would like to be able to know how many resources teammates have.

4. More controller layout options. Kind of liked upgrading and repairing towers with the arrow keys, like how it was before the update hit today.

5. Inventory management - be able to sell a bunch of things at once, favorite things so they can't be sold...

I would also like the loot button changed, maybe to a swipe on the touch pad. Something can be mapped to a swipe in any four directions on the pad.

Here's some stuff I've made note of after 1 day of giving it a whirl.

1. I think there should be some kind of optional tutorial or atleast minor guidance when you start. It sort of just drops you into the game and was frankly a bit overwhelming - I've figured everything out but I just think it might be confusing without some help to a statistically relevant portion of the people who try it when it launches, especially newcomers to the genre.

2. Chests at the end of a level should have a prompt or something telling you to open them or just open automatically. I was wacking at it and hitting it a few times and jumped around it eventually thinking I guess it was just the xp bonus we got at the end when I happened to open one after a few rounds of missing it on accident.

3. The ability to choose what level you want to play while your still in the social lobby would be nice, if it could be set up to search for games in progress based off one you want.

4. A confirmation for spending gems or atleast switching the buttons. How it is set up now if you keep hitting X over a lockbox it will just use your gems and open it. Perhaps switch the use a key to X and use gems to Square.

5. Voice Chat - You can't see who is talking in chat and I haven't seen a way to mute them.

6. UI Scaling is off on PS4, it cuts off many of the words in the corners / top.

7. This is very nit picky but the Sphere Sheet navigation feels wonky to me not sure if others would agree. It doesn't seem to want to go to the correct circle without a lot of extra trouble.

8. Auto loot options maybe, can set it so anything with a thumbs down automatically sells.

9. Auto equip options. Let us pick a primary stat we want to focus on, like hero health and it will prioritize gear with thumbs up based on that and auto equip it. (Not a feature that would likely get used in end game based off my experience with similar style games, however on the way to end game it saves a lot of time

The end game screen should show each individual players stats next to their name. Showing hero/ability damage, defense damage, deaths, and minion kills. The stats they show now seems confusing in the current bar format. It could also use that information to calculate the top player in the group.

A way to toggle repair mode. Having to enter repair mode, repair one tower, then having to enter it again to repair again is annoying. Just let me enter repair mode and run around hitting X on everything I want to repair.

The interface is definitely in need of work. Most scrollable descriptions can't be scrolled, many interactive elements can't be interacted with being that there's no mouse, many aspects overlap and cut off information. Also, the game could use some safe-space options or to adhere to the system option safe space settings so as to avoid overscanning the UI on TV's without Just Scan display modes. That was a lot of techie buzzwords...

The ability to leave parties more readily and effectively would be nice. As is it often spends so long seeking and failing to find a tavern session that you end up in a match when you were trying to leave the party.

The ability to un-equip your pets!

Inventory/Character management could stand to be consolidated a bit better, having to run around to various different facilities is clunky and tedious for the simplest management, though I realize this has been the case in every previous iteration and is unlikely to change, it's still unintuitive.

FASTER STAT COMPARISION! That's something I can't stress enough. Looking through gear for upgrades is incredibly tedious currently as you highlight an item, wait a full second, stats show up, etc.. This could probably be avoided entirely if the stats were just on the item's pane in the list instead of having to wait for a pop up. The Thumbs system remains almost entirely worthless being that it has no idea what stats you're looking for.

Perhaps remove the cost on special abilities between waves? They're easy to activate by accident, wasting mana, and none of them offer any benefits that could be abused currently beyond maybe the monk's buff, but that could be dealt with no doubt.

I'm sure a lot of this is self evident/already in the works but there they are regardless.

[edit: Just remembered: Item locking/favoriting as mentioned above, but more importantly, disable the ability to sell EQUIPPED items. That's just silly.]

1. Using most special abilities should not interrupt the flow of the Attack buttons.  I should be able to hit any special ability that doesn't require a secondary input and not have to release and repress the attack button.

2. I could really use the ability to customize the button layouts to suit individual play style.

3. I would LOVE to see what I'm repairing/upgrading before I hit the button and it's too late.  In a cluster of defenses, it can be hard to find exactly what you're looking for.  Either highlight the defense or put its name in the repair/upgrade text.

4. Going to one up either an alternate button for item pickup or auto-loot.

5. Inventory should have a check box for "Equippable"

6. In the Collections, under Challenges, there is no way to back out of the various challenges to move to another category.

7. The Daily Missions need to be tailored to your current Deck.  Might consider re-evaluating the mission if the Deck is changed and remove it.  (I got a mission to kill Specials or Wyverns when I first got in.  There was no way I was going to be able to get either accomplished in the two hours I had to play.)

8. The Private Tavern seems laggy at times and I'll find myself in a different place from where I moved as the packets catch up.

9. Single player game timeouts???  I remember a challenge in DD1 where I had to go through 99 levels of the endless mode to get a pet.  Which involved 3 days of playing...  Which terminated with a memory bug and kept me from getting the pet at the last level.  I had to pause the game while I slept as this challenge wasn't possible in any kind of reasonable time frame.  If you are playing single player, you should be able to pause the game and not get timeouts.

10. The Upgrade Shop should list how many XP an item is worth when placing it as a sacrifice.  It would be nice to also see how many XP an item needs to reach the next level.  (And would be even better if the items you sacrifice have a chance of imbuing or changing the abilities of the source item.)

11. Seems to be a random problem with the Helmets showing all available items in that category before you select them.  The others show the items with no issue.

12. When you go through the Costume Shop and select an upgraded costume, the Playstation Store doesn't sow any options for the upgrade.  (At least not for the Defender's to Collector's packs.)  I'm hoping I can upgrade to the Collector's pack for cheaper since I have the Defender's pack...

13. Accessories section of the Costumer's need an option for "Owned"

14. When you reach the bottom of the list in the Skill Sphere shop and press down, it jumps up 2 slots and you keep cycling between the last three items.

15. In the Hero Manager, I would like to see the actual level of the heroes and not the downleveled values.

16. Similarly, in the Character section of the Defender's Forge, there needs to be a way to toggle the Downleveled values.

17. Need an option to adjust the Display Area.  I'm finding parts of things cut off.  (Easiest to see in the Defender's Forge where you look at the XP of your character and really can't see it.  I'm using a Sony 4k 55" TV set to 1080p with the smallest display area.)

18. When I'm in a Private Tavern, Selecting Quit should quit the game, not take me into the public tavern where I have to select Quit again.  Similarly, there needs to be an option to Switch to Public Tavern in the pause menu.

That's my list so far...

CG

Loving the game so far, and I love that Trendy put this in early access on PS4 to allow for some feedback. After playing the first level last night, I have a few thoughts on changes that could be made.

1) I agree with the OP that the text size for this game is WAY to small. This was a problem in DD1 and is still and issue. If trendy could give us the option to scale text that would be awesome. Then we can decide how much of the other stuff we want covered up by it, or how annoyingly large we want it.

2) I think the "plant flag" button is a good change from the hero call in DD1 as a means to call attention to teammates (significantly less annoying). However, it would be nice if there were an icon on the screen of the person you are playing with (split screen) that showed the direction they need to go for it, similar to what DD! did.

3) I think that using left on the Dpad is a great way to drop gems and share, but it would be great if we had the option to drop all gems or just some. We frequently were having to drop, let the person spend a little and then give them back. Maybe click the left dpad brings up an option screen to select what to drop, and holding it auto-drops them all?

4) In split screen it would be cool if both players could access the hero manager at the same time. Or at least if the second person could still run around.

5) I think it would be nice to have an option of if you want to default load into a social tavern or a private one. My wife and I will be playing 90% of the time in a private tavern, and having to change that every time will get annoying.

6) Since the loot is now instanced to each player in split screen (great change by the way) I agree with some of the comments above that we should have auto-pickup or a change in the functionality of the button that picks up everything in the area, instead of each item individually.

7) Nit-picky comment, but we picked up several eggs in our first match, and have NO clue what they do based on the game prompts. All we know is we can't use them because we aren't level one.

8) I know that the game is F2P so there has to be an online connection for gems, but it would be nice if it wasnt an "always online" experience when playing in a private tavern. I forsee issues with lag even when playing locally, and getting kicked from the game or not being able to access when the internet is having problems. Moving the game to an offline mode with an online check-in for gem purchase would allow for game access in rare cases of internet malfunction, and would reduce the lag/online issues for playing alone.

Mainly so far its the User Interface thats bugging me because some stuff you can't really make out and the stuff you can is cut in half and such. Love the control scheme its sweet, Honestly just happy to be playing dd2. 

Can I get a float option so when me and the gf are playing I don't walk off the damn map >< lol.

Anyways Great job so far Trendy.

Here is a HUGE one for me...I play inverted but my family does not. There is no way to change the invert Y axis for INIVIDUAL players. Each screen should have its own preferences.

When playing co-op split screen, can you make it where each person can pull up their own inventory, instead of someone sitting and waiting for someone else...

Only Played for a couple hours myself and most of the things that bothered me have been mentioned already but for the sake of adding tallies to the count of importance here is what I care about

Text size - Big one for me I don't have glasses and I probably should but all the text on my 52" screen look like white and green squiggles, I mean I know upgrading helps but I like to number crunch

End level chests - I managed to open 1... somehow and then i managed to spend 120 seconds in another level trying to, Also What do the colors mean? is it standard Green cheap but okay, blue rareish purple pretty rare with orange being unique? ALSO One of the times I opened the chest (I think) it started green and then I turned around to grab some items I noticed and when I turned back around it was blue AND it apparently dropped nothing (this also happened to be the time I spent 2 minutes trying to open it)

Toggle for sell/Repair/Upgrade - Very needed

Also not a particular fan of the inventory system, but it could just be a matter of getting used to it, I wish I could access my inventory via a button on the controller because frequently I'll accidentally pick up an item that may or may not have been better than what I was using but going back to the statue to check/switch every time is annoying, I do wish that instead of showing everything it would only show the stuff usable by that character instead of a "Cannot use this it is a ________ weapon or armor"

Timeouts - In a single player game it should not be possible. Reason being comes from the first game when playing the infinite dungeon, after getting my set up I would walk away for hours checking back only often enough to grab vanishing gear/gems. I don't know if this one will have infinite waves but it still stands after getting a particular set up (I have yet to pull it off single player but it has only been 3 hours) I would likely walk away keeping my controller next to me only to start waves. Also I wish we could initiate more than 1 wave at a time

I would like to point out that a lot of this stuff you guys are talking about will be out in patchs and updates that are coming. we are behind the pc so I have seen and played a lot of the changes you guys want just hang in there they are coming.

Camera sensitivity settings would be nice. Rotating the camera right now feels very slow.

Change it to always let you rotate when placing towers so that we can rotate the camera while rotating towers. Sometimes it's hard to see where exactly you're pointing your tower if you're near a wall and it's not too hard to double tap X to place without rotating.

The jump and interact (loot, open chest, talk to NPCs) button should be split up. Maybe move interact to R3 since ping is on L1 -> R1 already.

Add hero level to the UI. Currently there's no way to know what level you are other than the forge or asking a teammate.

Need an inventory space for pets.  You can't currently unequip them unless you have an extra to replace it with.

To the person having problems with the eggs, you take them to the little guy to the right of the entrance.  You can incubate them there and have them hatch to pets.  Feed the pets and you get stronger pets.

@TheRa.ar quote:

End level chests - I managed to open 1... somehow and then i managed to spend 120 seconds in another level trying to, Also What do the colors mean? is it standard Green cheap but okay, blue rareish purple pretty rare with orange being unique? ALSO One of the times I opened the chest (I think) it started green and then I turned around to grab some items I noticed and when I turned back around it was blue AND it apparently dropped nothing (this also happened to be the time I spent 2 minutes trying to open it)

Look at the Chest's Green, blue, purple, or orange sigil on the front, and press X.  The chest should open.  You are correct about the Colors rarity.  Green chests have a chance to turn into a Blue chest.  Blue chests have a chance to turn purple.  I'm guessing that Purple chests have a chance to turn Orange, however I do not know that for sure.  If you open a chest and it turns to the next color of rarity, you can open it the same way.

Echoing many of the comments already listed, here were some of my items from a few days of play now:

• The time out for private needs to be removed. If I've got a whole map setup and several phases in and have to get up for a few minutes, I'd rather not have that torn apart. I understand the need for multiplayer, but not for single player.
  • Text is too small, most PS4 users are playing gone big televisions and sit 5 to six feet away.
  • There is a lot going on menu wise, new concepts, etc. You're going to need some type of tutorial. I know it's alpha so excusing it here, for now.
  • Equipment comparison. You've got to make it easier and cleaner. It was a problem in DD1 ( less so ) and in DDE. A common topic on forums in each case. Need to be able to define your character ( Tower, DPS ) for example so the comparisons make sense.
  • The pet incubation...um 8 hours and just one at a time is not going to cut it I'm afraid. It's really taken a core joy out of the game. Pets were a huge part of what made DD1 what it was. Farming them was part of the end game ( along with armor and weapons of the highest tier ) and having to wait 8 hours is crazy. Not to mention I can only incubate one at a time. The whole pet food thing is an interesting concept, but let's face it, you've made leveling pets ( and weapons / armor for that matter ) more complicated than it need to be.
  • Agree with everyone else on the weapon pickups. Just give us the option to auto pickup.
  • Planning on loot showing up on the mini map?
  • Should default to private lobby ( or at least have the option to do so ).
  • I don't care for the hero manager / forge setups. Again, feels like you have too many cooks in the UI kitchen. From the wise words of Leonardo da Vinci, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.". The loot tab for example is difficult to tell what item you are on, and selling the last item first results in you jumping back to the left side. Needs to be a way to "lock" your currently equipped stuff, and if you accidentally sell something, no way ( that I saw ) to buy it back. I miss the simple design of DD1 where you could "see" your character and what armor went wear and when you got a set could see it glow. Bring some of that magic back.

I know it's alpha, but it's all we have to go on for a first impression. Hope to see some some real polish on this game. DD1 was just, simple, in terms of usability and you could focus on the fun, the farming and the multiplayer. I'd like to see that magic here in DD2 on my PS4 repeated. I want to hunt for the best laser robot I can find, make sense of my stats with ease so I know for sure a green thumbs up is just that for my characters intent in the game and get just the right setup on a map and run it for wave after wave ( without being dropped ) while I farm for the ultimate piece of armor. I have very found memories of my time with DD1 and was highly addicted to it. I was very excited to jump in to DD2 and give it a whirl, but it just hasn't grabbed me the same way.  Here is hoping to some revisions that really draw me in!

Please please please do something about the rubberbanding in this game... I understand it's an alpha, but jesus it's so bad sometimes. Also, I should be able to host a lobby with my friends instead of just putting "find match" 

@Foxmx452 quote:

Here is a HUGE one for me...I play inverted but my family does not. There is no way to change the invert Y axis for INIVIDUAL players. Each screen should have its own preferences.

This is really interesting to me. I would never have guessed that changing the control scheme changed it for both players. Seems like it would be good to move the options to user rather than game like you mention.