Sign in to follow this  
djbon3saterp

Doesn't Fit TV screen

I thought it was just me, I kept resizing in the PS4 options even though it wasn't happening on any other games. However not even that worked.

It is possible you might have the Overscan function enabled on your TV. In order to adjust the Overscan settings on your PlayStation 4 please go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings and match the size of the box to your TV display area. This should ensure that the game is not displayed outside of your TV's viewable area. Alternatively, consider disabling the Overscan function on your TV settings. Please refer to your TV's manual to find out how to do that. Let us know if this helps! :)

@Kim quote:

It is possible you might have the Overscan function enabled on your TV. In order to adjust the Overscan settings on your PlayStation 4 please go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings and match the size of the box to your TV display area. This should ensure that the game is not displayed outside of your TV's viewable area. Alternatively, consider disabling the Overscan function on your TV settings. Please refer to your TV's manual to find out how to do that. Let us know if this helps! :)

Are you seriously blaming the community for a problem with your game?  Many TVs do not even have that option and when this many people have the problem it ISN'T THE TELEVISIONS its your game.   Your so arrogant though the thought of your game being the problem didn't even cross your mind did it.  I honestly can't believe you respond to problems with your game by blaming the community.   Ill be contacting SONY for my refund because this is ridiculous.    You literally blame it entirely on the community, it couldn't be your game could it?  What about the connection issues that must be the communities fault because everyone has ***ty internet and should contact their ISP.  

@DJexs quote:

@Kim quote:

Are you seriously blaming the community for a problem with your game?  Many TVs do not even have that option and when this many people have the problem it ISN'T THE TELEVISIONS its your game.   Your so arrogant though the thought of your game being the problem didn't even cross your mind did it.  I honestly can't believe you respond to problems with your game by blaming the community.   Ill be contacting SONY for my refund because this is ridiculous.    You literally blame it entirely on the community, it couldn't be your game could it?  What about the connection issues that must be the communities fault because everyone has ***ty internet and should contact their ISP.  

Nothing Kim said was blaming the community for the issue and its clear something was taken the wrong way. She was giving a suggestion to help remedy the situation for your possible setup to get you going. We test in various ways to ensure the game works but we are unable to test every varying piece of hardware or setup in the world even though we wish we could. The game is in early access so things like this can happen and we'll be looking into the situation and creating a possible fix in the future. 

We ask that if you do come across something like this or any bug to let us know and include specifics of your setup(TV model/size/vendor) that way we can replicate the setup and try to find the cause. It's the best way we can nail down the cause and provide a possible fix especially when a suggested fix doesn't resolve the issue we can look into it being something else. As you can see our community support team is actively browsing the forums to look over all the issues players maybe having so we can send it off to the developers as a heads up to be fixed. On a last note, complaining about support providing a suggestion to help remedy your situation by yelling at them is not acceptable path to take.

I went to take a picture of it with the share button and when it saves a video it saves in the proper proportions oddly enough, when I play it back nothing is cut off.

I've checked Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings and it is set to the proper size of my television.

I'm also using a Samsung, the un40f6300. Screen size is set to 16:9 Screen position is unable to be changed which I would imagine would be the equivalent to the overscan as there is nothing labeled as overscan.

(If the TV does have overscan I never have had a need to change it also, the only thing hooked up to my TV is the PS4, I literally use no other playback including cable or over air broadcast TV.)

I had the same problem, then I looked at my TV remote and saw view mode on it and my TV was set on stretch so I put on dot by dot and that fix it for me.

@Gabbelgak quote:

I went to take a picture of it with the share button and when it saves a video it saves in the proper proportions oddly enough, when I play it back nothing is cut off.

I've checked Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings and it is set to the proper size of my television.

I'm also using a Samsung, the un40f6300. Screen size is set to 16:9 Screen position is unable to be changed which I would imagine would be the equivalent to the overscan as there is nothing labeled as overscan.

(If the TV does have overscan I never have had a need to change it also, the only thing hooked up to my TV is the PS4, I literally use no other playback including cable or over air broadcast TV.)

Hello Gabblegak, I see that you're using a Samsung TV. Please set the screen size to Just Scan/Screen Fit (depending on the TV firmware version) as it should remedy the issue at hand.

Changing tv resolution does resolve this bug from our end however this step shouldnt be considered a fix. This is the only game that has this issue and may games offer an option to resize a game to the screen. 

@Support Monk quote:

@Gabbelgak quote:

Hello Gabblegak, I see that you're using a Samsung TV. Please set the screen size to Just Scan/Screen Fit (depending on the TV firmware version) as it should remedy the issue at hand.

Changing it to screen fit from 16:9 did fix the issue.

I agree with stuffymonster though in that this shouldn't be considered a fix really.  The majority of the people who end up playing the game when it goes live will probably not come to the website and see this fix and it can give a bad first impression to people. The ability to change screen size in the options would be the best solution if at all possible. Again like stuffy mentioned this is the only game that does this.