Sign in to follow this  
Bean1201

Controls don't work after patch

Unable to build towers now since the patch came out. All I can do is use my attack abilities, anyone else have this problem since the patch?

Hi Defenders! The latest patch contained a slight shift in the control layout. Press L1 to get to the tower menu, and face buttons to place a tower. Let us know if your still having issues. 

Little confused on what you mean by face buttons  what happens now is when you press "L1" and press let's say "square" to place a tower your character launches there "square" ablity not the tower  basically your L1 button doesn't work 

same i hit L1 but skills active when i hit triangle or square only can build with circle even if L1 is down the icon change but tower will not active only skills 

This is very irritating I was playing like 5 minutes ago just fine until it tells me I have a update as soon as I get on I can't spawn any defenses and I've tried every combination of  buttons so this game is now unplayable I just wasted $20. Sucks because I love DD1 but this bull already.

so when you hold L1, the abilities [square] [triangle] etc.. change to look like the towers, but then when you hit the buttons (while still holding L1) they don't use the towers but instead use our abilities as if we were not holding down L1. From what i can tell [circle] works as intended but [square] and [triangle] do not (have not tried [X] as im not high enough level),

Well I don't know why this is happening, but I have found a temporary workaround for those that are affected..

Hold L1 to bring up tower build icons, then press the X button at the same time as the button for the tower you want to build and it will work.

For example, to build an explosive trap with the Huntress, hold L1 and press X and Square at the same time. Hope this helps till it gets fixed.

Can someone take a video or screen of this behavior? Is everyone still holding L1 while pressing a tower key or are you holding L1 and then releasing L1 before pressing a tower key?

@pmasher quote:

Can someone take a video or screen of this behavior? Is everyone still holding L1 while pressing a tower key or are you holding L1 and then releasing L1 before pressing a tower key?

I have a video on my phone pmash  how would you like me to send it to you  I cannot post it on forums  

Holding L1 and pressing tower key at same time doesn't work 

@pmasher quote:

While still holding L1, without ever letting go, if I press Square I use my first hero ability. The icons still switch to the tower icons, but it still uses the hero ability instead.

@CaptBoxershorts quote:

@pmasher quote:

I have a video on my phone pmash  how would you like me to send it to you  I cannot post it on forums  

Send it to josh.isom[at]trendyent[dot]com.

@iamisom quote:

@CaptBoxershorts quote:

@pmasher quote:

Sent  let me know you got it

@CaptBoxershorts quote:

@iamisom quote:

@CaptBoxershorts quote:

@pmasher quote:

Sent  let me know you got it

Got it! Thanks!

Can everyone who is affected by this delete the game and reinstall it, please? Also, are there any extra controllers plugged in to your PS4?