Sign in to follow this  
fish61324

PS4 Dungeon Defenders Confusion about Packs and other things.

Ok, so Dungeon Defenders 2 just came out for ps4, so there will probably be a flood of playstation users coming here lol.

I'm confused about the packs. There is a Starter Pack, Defender's Pack and Collector's edition pack. I've read the description and I see all the content included for each pack, and I'm sure the most expensive pack is the "best value".    From my understanding this is a beta?? Why does it cost money?  And if i buy one of these packs, do i automatically get the full game when it's released? Or IS this the full game already?  And what's with the  "Pre-Alpha" thing? I'm not sure what "Alpha" even is. 

Also on a side note, is this game worth getting, with the microtransactions? You know how some games become unplayable unless you purchase microtransactions. Is this one of those kind of games? 

And i was assuming the Collector's Edition is the best value, am i right?   The costumes, accessories, and extra gems don't seem worth an extra $40.  What is  "Dragonfall Defender" title? And what does 2 additional hero slots implement?  

Sorry so much confusion on my end, ive tried finding information for most of this stuff, but to no avail.

Thanks for any clarification from anybody :)

At the moment the extra packs are only useful if you wanna max your holding bags 

(More holding bags = more loot u can store)

The more currency you have the more looking hero skins you can buy

If you just wanna play the game buy the cheapest pack there is 

If you wanna have more bags to hold items then buy a more expensive pack

If you wanna have a ton of cool looking skins then buy the most expensive pack

You cannot buy power with money at them moment 

As far as I know you will never be able to buy power with money in this game

But time will tell how that will play out

mehehehehe

There's actually a recent blog post where they address what the testing phases mean. 

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/blog/123903/the-road-to-free-to-play

@Elandrian quote:

There's actually a recent blog post where they address what the testing phases mean. 

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/blog/123903/the-road-to-free-to-play

Ahhhh, so basically the game will eventually become Free to play (i know not for a while though)? But for now the devs need money to continue development of the game?  So the game is in pre-alpha stage (for Ps4) and to gain access to the pre-alpha stage people need to pay the amount they are charging for it?  

The game currently has a price tag attached to filter out those who would try the game just because it's free and be disappointed at how unfinished it is.  Also every pack contains gems which actually are valued at more than the price of the pack.