Sign in to follow this  
bobbyblade

Local Multiplayer

Will the game have more than 2 player split screen.  The original was really fun on console because I could 3 buddies together all on the same screen.

@Valde quote:

I think they mentioned only two, it's hard to have more due to the graphic intensity.

Graphic intensity? Yeah maybe too intense for the PS3 as you may already be aware but the PS4 is significantly greater than previous gen, Baring in mind this is Pre-Alpha release, the game will change a lot before the full release where I can guarantee they will have 4 player like DD1.

This is a quote from Phil Asher over on the Playstation Blog.

"Like [[43588,users]] said, it comes down to technical issues. We’d absolutely love to support 4-player co-op, but since the game is fairly resource intensive it can only support 2-player local co-op."

I know the power of Playstation and hope it can come to fruition eventually.

@Valde quote:

This is a quote from Phil Asher over on the Playstation Blog.

"Like danimaltastic said, it comes down to technical issues. We’d absolutely love to support 4-player co-op, but since the game is fairly resource intensive it can only support 2-player local co-op."

I know the power of Playstation and hope it can come to fruition eventually.

Well that seems to be problematic, I'm sure they don't even know the full potential of the PS4 technology until they get a grips to it. Give it a year of changes and I'm sure they will find a way round it if it is on the top of the list of what the players want in the game.

Hey guys. Just remember the game is still being optimized and it's still in development. Currently the game can't handle more than two players being in split screen, but who knows in the future. :)

I've been trying to get local multiplayer to work for two hours now and still nothing. You'd think they would put effort into making it known how to use the feature. Moronic. 

If you look in the options section it has the controls outlined and I'm pretty sure all the 2nd person has to do is press down on the touch pad. So try that.

@Unknown907 quote:

Thank you, only issue is when I do that and add my wife it kicks us back to the main menu to relog back in every time

NP, I guess these are ust some of the issues we have to deal with when playing a Pre-Alpha game.

Idk if it works better during an actual stage, just keep trying and you will find the best way to co-op eventually.

We got it to work. I made my wife a psn account and had her start a game and make a character. Then I press the touch pad while she was in the game and it worked no issues this time. Each person must have a character made already. 

@BrandonVirdee quote:

@Valde quote:

I think they mentioned only two, it's hard to have more due to the graphic intensity.

Graphic intensity? Yeah maybe too intense for the PS3 as you may already be aware but the PS4 is significantly greater than previous gen, Baring in mind this is Pre-Alpha release, the game will change a lot before the full release where I can guarantee they will have 4 player like DD1.

You know this really sucks. I have DD1 on PC, xbox 360 and PS3 and DD2 on PC. The biggest plus to this game was the 4 player local co op. That seems to be forgotten about these days and Im surprised all those freaking lego games hasnt added 4 players yet.

Getting back on track why does every new console gen come out and all they can think of is oooo graphics are going to be so much better.

Really who cares in an action game graphics eventually gets to a point of good enough. Your not going to notice all the little details if your moving around enough. WHY O WHY would they put a priority on updated graphics instead of 4 player co op. Now im just wishing theyd update DD1 so I can continue to play with my kids.

I gotta say if they did a poll of everything people wish DD1 did better and would add/fix in DD2, i dont think graphics would be near the top of that list.

TLDR how about bumping down graphics and resources that arent AI related so the PS4 and PC for that matter can handle 4 players local coop.