Cross-resist bosses?

Do they still happen?  I just played Ramparts incursion on NM1 and got what I believe was a physical resistant ogre on a magical resistant lane.  I didn't check resistances before the wave because I didn't expect this, so I don't have screenshot for proof.  It took ages to kill though and the damage numbers I was doing were consistent with a physical resistant enemy (quarter damage from my squire's attacks and full damage from my pet's attacks).

this happens in onslaught and i am sure of that. Not sure about incursion though. cross resistance + troll blood in nm3 and above = gg, so now i will save like 40 du to deal with such situations

Yep, on all incrusions most bosses crossresist + on longruns onslaugh.

@Alexandra Febyli quote:

troll blood in nm3 and above = gg

Troll Blood? Rly? 150 HP/sec? It's nothing when u need to kill 10m or 60m HP bosses.

Anyway they die fast enough...

I don't believe I've run into this at all, but I don't play much incursion so I couldn't tell you for sure if it is incursion-specific. However, it COULD be an intended mechanic, as incursions are supposed to be more difficult. 

@RedL1ne quote:

Yep, on all incrusions most bosses crossresist + on longruns onslaugh.

@Alexandra Febyli quote:

troll blood in nm3 and above = gg

Troll Blood? Rly? 150 HP/sec? It's nothing when u need to kill 10m or 60m HP bosses.

Anyway they die fast enough...

Old Troll Blood was ridiculous. But you're right. The new Troll Blood is nothing at all. They really should make troll blood scale with the difficulty....

@tdb quote:

Do they still happen?  

Yes. Liferoot Incursion NM2 - all bosses were cross resistance

I must assume is it planned as it has not been changed despite it being known about for a few patches now. 

Cross-resist bosses are a pretty lame challenge because there's no counter to it.  Except maybe raising blockade HP so high that it can hold up while the towers slowly whittle away the boss's HP.  If you replace half of the defenses with types that work on the boss, then they don't work as well on the trash that comes with the boss.

Resistances in general are fine since they can be countered by building defenses of the opposite type.  If cross-resist bosses are intended, some kind of counter should be added for them as well.

@dreamanime quote:

Nothing against a challenge. :D

Agreed

@tdb quote:

Cross-resist bosses are a pretty lame challenge because there's no counter to it.  Except maybe raising blockade HP so high that it can hold up while the towers slowly whittle away the boss's HP.  If you replace half of the defenses with types that work on the boss, then they don't work as well on the trash that comes with the boss.

Resistances in general are fine since they can be countered by building defenses of the opposite type.  If cross-resist bosses are intended, some kind of counter should be added for them as well.

Also agreed

even solo, it was a time killer not a tower killer (although NM3 may be different ofc)

I just put down a third trap at the blockades that counters the ogre's resistance.

Are there ranged bosses in incursions?

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I just put down a third trap at the blockades that counters the ogre's resistance.

Are there ranged bosses in incursions?

Two of the 4 incursion specials in liferoot are ranged.

To be honest i never paid any attention to the boss resistence, its most of the time ignoreable. It just takes more time. But mostly the boss gets taken out by the players. The defenses are more of an aid on that.

@dreamanime quote:

To be honest i never paid any attention to the boss resistence, its most of the time ignoreable. It just takes more time. But mostly the boss gets taken out by the players. The defenses are more of an aid on that.

If you are stretching, the opposite resistance on ogres will destroy you. I guess it is working as designed. :(

@Ubara-tutu quote:

@dreamanime quote:

If you are stretching, the opposite resistance on ogres will destroy you. I guess it is working as designed. :(

Mmh yeah for single player it can be an issue. For playing with others it often isn't. At last in single player it should be same resistence.