Pet event vs. Pet inventory space

@Underlander quote:

I don't get it. What's the point on having instant hatch if we don't have enough room for pets?

Sell the normal pets, keep the myth/legendary pets. It's your chance to get some amazing pets without the wait time. 

That was the very first thing that came to mind for me as well.

If I had a choice between instant hatch and the reroll gold cost scaling reduced, I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

What's the point of having more pets than you have heroes? You only need 1 each hero.

And it's not like you will ever level them all up. The leveling system for pets is awe full. so...

Some people like cheating, some people like collecting pets. I like collecting pets and I'm trying to get one of each.

@vSyNd quote:

What's the point of having more pets than you have heroes? You only need 1 each hero.

And it's not like you will ever level them all up. The leveling system for pets is awe full. so...

@Underlander quote:

Some people like cheating, some people like collecting pets. I like collecting pets and I'm trying to get one of each.

@vSyNd quote:

Pokemon seems to be your game. Try it sometime.

I'm afraid of getting used to it so badly that I can't play other games without cheating because they seem too hard.

@vSyNd quote:

@Underlander quote:

@vSyNd quote:

@Underlander quote:

I'm afraid of getting used to it so badly that I can't play other games without cheating because they seem too hard.

@vSyNd quote:

@Underlander quote:

@vSyNd quote:

admittedly i was kinda just trolling ya. but if you wanted to collect ALL the pets they ever made, you probably wouldnt have enough bag slots in the end. seems a bit fail in the long run. just saying. especially with the eventual full wipe coming. idk

@vSyNd quote:

@Underlander quote:

@vSyNd quote:

@Underlander quote:

@vSyNd quote:

admittedly i was kinda just trolling ya. but if you wanted to collect ALL the pets they ever made, you probably wouldnt have enough bag slots in the end. seems a bit fail in the long run. just saying. especially with the eventual full wipe coming. idk

nobody at trendy ever said anything about a wipe, but if they do I think they'd just wipe gear

@gigazelle quote:

That was the very first thing that came to mind for me as well.

If I had a choice between instant hatch and the reroll gold cost scaling reduced, I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

No kidding, I don't even reroll pets anymore.

@alexstonge25 quote:

The great thing here is that you can farm you perfect roll pet. Rerolling stats is just too costly and not worth it.

That works fantastically, unless you're dealing with golden pet eggs.

@gigazelle quote:

@alexstonge25 quote:

The great thing here is that you can farm you perfect roll pet. Rerolling stats is just too costly and not worth it.

That works fantastically, unless you're dealing with golden pet eggs.

Indeed. But is the golden pet that different when looking at its stats? If not than farming normal eggs should be enough (unless you really like how golden pets look).

I agree concerning the pet stats, but since they made this instahatch event, they should have also put pet bags for sale. Some people only care about stats, for those the event is perfect. Some people want to collect pets (myself included), and for us the pet bag is VERY small. I would certainly buy 2 more bags for pets if they were on cash store.

Concerning the beforementioned wipe, I do believe there will be a full wipe when moving to open alpha, but I really don't care. WIpe is fun.

I still have a huge issue with the premium pets as it stands I don't want to buy a Pet, when it'll likely be a powerful or epic where I wouldn't use it I would use my legendary pet that I got that isn't premium. I am not looking to spend all my collectors edition money on getting legendary premium pets we should transform pets with the purchase. 

@Gunghoe quote:

I still have a huge issue with the premium pets as it stands I don't want to buy a Pet, when it'll likely be a powerful or epic where I wouldn't use it I would use my legendary pet that I got that isn't premium. I am not looking to spend all my collectors edition money on getting legendary premium pets we should transform pets with the purchase. 

Pretty much this. I want a Legendary Katkarot, I was lucky enough to get a Mythic first time but due to the straight up better stats I feel like I need to keep rolling but that's a loooot of money for a game of luck. I mean it's literal gambling!

Also, I only have like, 6 or so slots left for new pets. And since hatched pets are worth nothing, I'm not entirely convinced with this event. Good in theory but the practicality surrounding it needs looking at.

Yeah I asked in the dev stream, there are no plans to increase pet inventory space currently. Therefore this event is worthless, to collectors at least. I imagine a good few players inventories look similar to this:

Cn3XPWQ.png

I wouldn't rule out a wipe personally, the Imphany pets in the top left cannot be obtained anymore surely these will be removed at some point. As well as all the broken legacy equipment floating around, whether it will be a full wipe or select item removal we will just have to wait and see. Either way I have one space for the next monthly quest reward assuming its going to be a pet and one space to shift pets around without them being randomly deleted. 

Either provide more inventory space or stop making new pets please. 

p.s Please consider adding something like this: Pet Collections

I was "lucky" enough to roll an epic imphany with electric elemental damage and have had a mythic imphany with electric elemental damage and what's obvious is that they're the same (damage being the only thing that differs between rarities)

Don't -need- to wipe pets in the future just because there are a few pets who are mythic but behave like they should as epic.  It's just a cosmetic bug, basically

@Underlander quote:

I don't get it. What's the point on having instant hatch if we don't have enough room for pets?

It's aimed at the monthly quest.  It makes it easy to hatch 15 pets by the end of the month.

@Zuqual quote:

@Underlander quote:

It's aimed at the monthly quest.  It makes it easy to hatch 15 pets by the end of the month.

I think it's also to get feedback on the pet bag being WAY to SMALL.

@A_Very_Grumpy_Cat quote:

@Zuqual quote:

@Underlander quote:

But they know it's too small.  They know it works against their monetization strategy.  Why do they have to make the problem worse for people just so they can be told what everyone already knows?  Do they need to make things terrible for people before fixing them just so we can fawn over how responsive to feedback they are?

@Zuqual quote:

@A_Very_Grumpy_Cat quote:

@Zuqual quote:

@Underlander quote:

But they know it's too small.  They know it works against their monetization strategy.  Why do they have to make the problem worse for people just so they can be told what everyone already knows?  Do they need to make things terrible for people before fixing them just so we can fawn over how responsive to feedback they are?

they probably thought one bag would be enough for the 8 hour hatch time, and people would get rid of the worse quality pets but alas, they didn't think it through. 

@Gunghoe quote:

they probably thought one bag would be enough for the 8 hour hatch time, and people would get rid of the worse quality pets but alas, they didn't think it through. 

i think its because they were orginally going to have pets evolve like in pokemon, but instead they turned pets into an rng fest