Sign in to follow this  
vSyNd

We completed NM4 Liferoot today! :D

Hey guys, we finally did it, we beat NM4 Liferoot using a normal build.

My friend ToxicCaterpillar and I were able to, after several days of theory crafting and trying out different builds... find a build that works!

We used a Huntress as our main DPS using Explosive Trap and Elemental Chaos.

One Monk was used for Boost Auras.

Another Monk was used for Skyguards.

Used a Squire for our Blockades.

And finally an Apprentice with Frosty Power/Fire gear.

-------------------------------------------------

The traps are self explanatory, and did most of the damage.

The Boost Aura was used to increase the damage of our traps a little (not too important), and the  main reason we used Boot Aura was to increase the amount of health our walls had, as well as damage reduction from the harder hitting mobs.

Skyguards are also self explanatory, they were used to kill the air mobs.

The Blockades had a base of 209k HP, and it took me about a week or so of farming NM3 to finally get them there.

The Frosty Towers were used to boost our trap damage.

---------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to the Highlight of us building and completing the map, sorry for the audio getting cut off we were playing music during the stream, but at least you can see everything we did and went through.

http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3/v/17462993

I'm the only streamer currently completing NM4 content, come check me out sometime, and get some tips/tricks on the game. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3

Hey, hey, hey ... wait a minute ... you used 5 builders. Any self respecting DD2 player knows that they are supposed to limit themselves to 4 builders per the Hero Deck. Cheating = FAIL.

In all seriousness ... Woot!

gz with another fiction challange!...

Finished another nm4 run with barely known guy few mins ago and almost same build (cades, traps, sa, frosts, aa)

Theres almost no space for theorycrafting, cuz all ranged towers havent decent dps and cant be boosted. So only traps/lsa combo left...

209K with NM3 gear or is it with all the NM4 gear farmed using frosty buff exploit or serenity stacking exploit?

ship.png

@Fozzie quote:

209K with NM3 gear or is it with all the NM4 gear farmed using frosty buff exploit or serenity stacking exploit?

ship.png

Had 180k with nm1 gear...

Now 209k with few blue parts, only 2 hh dh, and not all other items 5%.

I guess current max amount about 300k or so.

So trolling not counted.

Thanks to everyone that was supportive about our fictional challenge. :D

We have a few questions that I'll go ahead and answer.

I think the frosty power % we used was around 140%.

The 209k blockades are before boost. :)

What I meant by theory crafting was more of where to place each piece of our build, and not so much which towers to use.

I'm glad to see others out there are also beating NM4, pretty cool, glad we have some elitists still playing.

And finally... for all you haters.

NM4 is farmable now that Loot Cave 2.0 has been live, so getting NM4 gear whether it be from previous exploits or the way the game currently is doesn't really matter, either way getting NM4 gear is possible if you're good enough. :)

Frosty Power... Yea we did what the devs said and farmed 240 gear, you remember the devs saying that? So using the gear they told us to farm isn't our fault, we use everything at our disposal, which is EXACTLY what other players should do.

I will continue to set random challenges for myself in the game, even if they mean nothing after a few patches, it's one of the things that keeps me going in DD2.

So far we've beaten 100 Rounds of Onslaught and also beaten the "I'm not even sure if NM4 is beatable." NM4 difficulty.

Not saying no one else could do it, but I know for sure not everyone is up for the challenge. It's all just for fun, so I'm happy to see some people are having a good time like I am.

Also, thanks to everyone for joining me on my Twitch channel, I enjoy talking with you guys.

Well with how NM4 scaling is right now, and the fact you need all 4 builders (or, like OP used, a friend) you can't use a dps hero solo, you pretty much need to exploit a way to get gear to be able to clear it.

I could have had it cleared for a while now, I get to wave 3-5 or so before failing, but I always runs it solo. If I had the ability to use my Hero Damage Huntress, I'd probably be able to do it.

Just waiting for a NM4 rebalance.

@Underlander quote:

Gratz for beating it using the gear you got from cheating.

@vSyNd quote:

Hey guys, we finally did it, we beat NM4 Liferoot using a normal build.

@vSyNd quote:

I will continue to set random challenges for myself in the game, even if they mean nothing after a few patches, it's one of the things that keeps me going in DD2. 

Here's a challenge, stop using cheats and exploits to UP a twitch channel. Teach others how to honestly play the game.

@vSyNd quote:

glad we have some elitists still playing.

While I'm sure a lot of people agree with what you wrote, I think the word you meant to use is "elites".

He needs to learn how to honestly play the game before teaching. If they reroll items gotten from exploits he will be here again crying about how hard NM1 is.

@Omegaknight quote:

@vSyNd quote:

Here's a challenge, stop using cheats and exploits to UP a twitch channel. Teach others how to honestly play the game.

Nah, I meant what I said.

e·lit·ist
noun
plural noun: elitists
  1. a person who believes that a system or society should be ruled or dominated by an elite.

This game should be ruled by the elite. When they put in the leaderboards, you will see who rules this society. :D

But yea, maybe I also just meant elites. :P

I've taught many people how to beat maps they couldn't beat previously, even have been personally thanked for helping them learn how they can play the game. So I'll keep giving my helpful tips, even if it means being hated by people stuck in NM1.

If this was a soccer/football game, vSyNd would be the player who throws himself to the floor faking an injury just to win a game. 

That's why I don't like this guy, whatever game he plays, he uses exploits and cheats. 

Once it is all patched he'll move on to another game. 

@Omegaknight quote:

If this was a soccer/football game, vSyNd would be the player who throws himself to the floor faking an injury just to win a game. 

That's why I don't like this guy, whatever game he plays, he uses exploits and cheats. 

Once it is all patched he'll move on to another game. 

Personal attacks are not appropriate behavior here.  Please focus your discussions on the game, not the people.

@vSyNd quote:

When they put in the leaderboards, you will see who rules this society. :D

If I had time to play like I use to, that would be me and my good friend Nick! The wave skippers and cheaters  on ps3 couldn't even take our #1 spots, I held them to the day it went offline.

It was kind of annoying after a while, getting 50-100+ friend requests in a day. It had me wishing someone would take all the #1 spots.

@Omm quote:

@vSyNd quote:

When they put in the leaderboards, you will see who rules this society. :D

If I had time to play like I use to, that would be me and my good friend Nick! The wave skippers and cheaters  on ps3 couldn't even take our #1 spots, I held them to the day it went offline.

It was kind of annoying after a while, getting 50-100+ friend requests in a day. It had me wishing someone would take all the #1 spots.

lol, that's funny.

Yea, it will be pretty sweet to see the top players. I'm pretty sure I won't be one of them, but I will try. :P

I ISSUE A CHALLENGE:

Do it on an iPwr 1000 map. 

It's pretty well known that liferoot is one of the easier maps, so if you acutally want to complete the most difficult content in the game, beat one of the 1000iPwr maps.

@vSyNd quote:

Nah, I meant what I said.

Apply it to yourself if you want, but you should hesitate before labeling others as such.  The connotation is extremely negative.