Please fix this, I can't take it anymore

Ok, it is really frustrating. Like VERY. When the ogres are stucked far in the spawn point, just making them impossible to reach and can't continue the map. It happened 2 times in a row to me with the final ogre, so i can't have my chest and complete my daily mission, which is to complete Forgotten Ruins Incursion. It just piss me off when the final boss which can't despawn is stucked.

Please fix this. If you don't have time for it, at least make it that boss can despawn if they are stucked.

@alexstonge25 quote:

Ok, it is really frustrating. Like VERY. When the ogres are stucked far in the spawn point, just making them impossible to reach and can't continue the map. It happened 2 times in a row to me with the final ogre, so i can't have my chest and complete my daily mission, which is to complete Forgotten Ruins Incursion. It just piss me off when the final boss which can't despawn is stucked.

Please fix this. If you don't have time for it, at least make it that boss can despawn if they are stucked.

We've complained about this issue for a LONG time.

"Their working on it." -.-

Happened to me quite a number of times on that same map, if you would like I can invite you when I reach the last wave of that incursion mode so that you can reap the rewards.

Never had this happen, is it caused maybe by building too close to a spawn? Or does it happen no matter where you build?

In my experiences, it happens frequently when dragons spawn. The middle spawner (which spawns for 2 lanes!) should be bigger to accommodate the large dragon frames (and ogre frames).  

@Omm quote:

Never had this happen, is it caused maybe by building too close to a spawn? Or does it happen no matter where you build?

Happens no matter where, for the most part. If they can't fix the collision, they should at least make it so anything in the spawn after 1 minute is auto killed, regardless if it's an ogre or not. Drakin are by far the worst on maps like Forgotten Ruins.

@Tristaris quote:

Happens no matter where, for the most part. If they can't fix the collision, they should at least make it so anything in the spawn after 1 minute is auto killed, regardless if it's an ogre or not. Drakin are by far the worst on maps like Forgotten Ruins.

Exactly,

@germanafro quote:

AP hinter can reach him with Phoenix. Lol

And if you don't have an AP Huntress?

Even the Squire taunt skill won't pull them out of their spawn hiding places.

Really not cool. Stuck Ogre happened to me recently on Ramparts (red curtains spawn) and Nimbus Reach.

@SGRock quote:

@germanafro quote:

AP hinter can reach him with Phoenix. Lol

And if you don't have an AP Huntress?

Even the Squire taunt skill won't pull them out of their spawn hiding places.

Then ur screwd and have to restart.

OFC it sucks but at least a workaround exists until a fix is released

@IcedLance quote:

Apprentice secondary can reach it. Also it dies if stuck for too long.

In my experience the Apprentice secondary could not reach it, and it was still alive after 20 minutes.

@SGRock quote:

@IcedLance quote:

Apprentice secondary can reach it. Also it dies if stuck for too long.

In my experience the Apprentice secondary could not reach it, and it was still alive after 20 minutes.

Well, then you have another bug on your hands, because my apprentice's secondary pierces holes in space-time and breaks defenses if misfired.

Agreed that this bug is super frustrating and should be fixed. There are actually multiple issues that can cause the behavior you're describing.

I have a suspicion that the behavior in OPs post is possible a map-specific problem. We made a run on fixing quite a few of these a while back, but doesn't surprise me if we missed one. I'll flag this over to LD and QA to confirm.

One of the other big issues here is a lot more complicated, and has to do with enemies falling off the grid they use to navigate the environment (called NavMesh). When this happens, the AI breaks and doesn't know what to do. We've been discussing, as recently as a few weeks ago, a few solutions to this problem. There is something we're planning to try internally very soon to see if it works. The problem can be tricky to solve without introducing new issues, so please give us a little time to see what we can do here. 

Thanks for the clarification [[59260,users]] . Hope that you all can sort that issue out, because it can make some things an absolute nightmare (lol no pun intended!) especially when maps can't complete, or it drags on onslaught waves a lot longer than they need to be.

That would make the maps too easy. Drakkens, which seem to be the worst offenders, would be auto-dying left and right.