Sign in to follow this  
MegaHamster7

When is the next patch due?

The game is getting very stale even with the extra loot drops this week.

No-one will want to play it when you turn these extra drops off, this is what it should be like all the time. Going back to the old drops is unthinkable now. I can't find upgrades with loot all over the map. I'm not going to bother when I only get a handful of items per map.

Can we get some idea of when the next patch is due to land?

Here's some ideas for your next patch to make DD2 fun again:

1. Fix the barricades leaking.
  2. Make multiplayer viable again - solo is boring everyone senseless.
  3. Remove the hero deck

Thanks!

Making loot more interesting would bring me back. I'm intrigued by multiple projectile weapons, so that'll be something I'll make a return for to tinker with. 

Mostly the loot, though. It's seriously bad and so very boring right now.

It is, you're right. 

But leaky barricades puts me off actually investing time no matter how good the loot is.

I'd happily play with the current loot if I could do it with friends.

And I'd like more freedom to play. I love playing my DPS chars but you can't do it at the moment because you can only solo.

So for me loot comes after all of the above. I take your point and it is something I'd like to see addressed but these issues are far more pressing for me.

@MegaHamster7 quote:

It is, you're right. 

But leaky barricades puts me off actually investing time no matter how good the loot is.

I'd happily play with the current loot if I could do it with friends.

And I'd like more freedom to play. I love playing my DPS chars but you can't do it at the moment because you can only solo.

So for me loot comes after all of the above. I take your point and it is something I'd like to see addressed but these issues are far more pressing for me.

Oh, yeah I agree that gamebreaking bugs like that isn't going to help anything if you lose consistently and can't get the loot to begin with, heh.

But sadly I have no drive to play right now, which was loot that caused me to stop playing in the first place. Here's to hoping that they make hot topics a priority! :p

@MegaHamster7 quote:

I'm not sure why you say it can't be done solo. I play almost entirely solo. I setup, switch to my huntress, or even my monk if I feel frisky, and can solo all NM 3 maps excluding incursion. Actually, the only time I play my squire is when I'm farming for better HB gear, which I have been doing this week with the increased loot drops.

Don't say it isn't possible, because I do it all the time.

@Bob Loblaw |Äpp|* quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

I'm not sure why you say it can't be done solo. I play almost entirely solo. I setup, switch to my huntress, or even my monk if I feel frisky, and can solo all NM 3 maps excluding incursion. Actually, the only time I play my squire is when I'm farming for better HB gear, which I have been doing this week with the increased loot drops.

Okay Bob. Well done to you. I can't do it solo with my DPS chars in the deck. I need to have all four heroes kitted out for building. Never mentioned squire though so not sre what that has to do with it. Whatever the reason the hero deck isn't to my liking and I think it should be removed. If you want to argue the pros/cons go to the other thread and do it.

And more than anything I'd like to know when the next patch is due!

Yes I too want to know when the next patch is due. More accurately what is in it.  Sure would like one of those tentative patch note releases.

@MegaHamster7 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

Okay Bob. Well done to you. I can't do it solo with my DPS chars in the deck. I need to have all four heroes kitted out for building. Never mentioned squire though so not sre what that has to do with it. Whatever the reason the hero deck isn't to my liking and I think it should be removed. If you want to argue the pros/cons go to the other thread and do it.

I never actually said the hero deck is a good thing, I hate it actually, just stating a fact. The game isn't boring to everyone, I thoroughly enjoy it. It can be solo'd, and still be fun. I won't stop playing if they revert the loot drops, I'll just keep on trucking along.

The game is changing every few weeks. The devs are listening to the players and making adjustments accordingly. The problem is this: I never played DD1, so I don't try and compare this game to that one. I play it for what it is, a game that is still actively being developed. If people don't like the game because it isn't DD1, it's their own fault for comparing it to DD1.

I know you din't do that in this particular thread, but I see constantly. I am not here to defend trendy, they do a great job of that themselves by listening to the players and adapting the game accordingly, I'm just here to say just because you don't find it enjoyable, doesn't give you the right to speak for everyone.

@MegaHamster7 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

I never actually said the hero deck is a good thing, I hate it actually, just stating a fact. The game isn't boring to everyone, I thoroughly enjoy it. It can be solo'd, and still be fun. I won't stop playing if they revert the loot drops, I'll just keep on trucking along.

The game is changing every few weeks. The devs are listening to the players and making adjustments accordingly. The problem is this: I never played DD1, so I don't try and compare this game to that one. I play it for what it is, a game that is still actively being developed. If people don't like the game because it isn't DD1, it's their own fault for comparing it to DD1.

I know you din't do that in this particular thread, but I see constantly. I am not here to defend trendy, they do a great job of that themselves by listening to the players and adapting the game accordingly, I'm just here to say just because you don't find it enjoyable, doesn't give you the right to speak for everyone.

First Trendy does a great job: True   Second Trendy listening to the community: not very true.
As far as the DD1 reference and that bit, it is a sequel and like every other sequel in history it will be judged against it's predecessor. If they didn't want that they should have chosen a new name. The day I found out there was a DD2 coming out I was pumped. I checked all the time for any information I could get on it.  I have been for the most part ok with it so far. I play for a bit get very bored and a little frustrated, tell myself it's still developing and I come back when a new patch is released to see if it brings that wow DD factor back. Right now I am just waiting to see if the next patch will do it.

Bob if you have legacy gear (which you do) you probably shouldn't be telling normal players whats possible and what isn't > <

@Omegaknight quote:

Bob if you have legacy gear (which you do) you probably shouldn't be telling normal players whats possible and what isn't > <

lol that's fair. I have about 50% Frosty but have seen folks running 125ish% and it's crazy how much extra boost that gives. Pre-launch wipe is why I'm guessing it's not a concern for TE atm. That said I fully agree that broken items, uh, break things, and shouldn't be used in creating a standard as to what the current balance is like. Not saying people shouldn't use them tho. It's all alpha, it's all good.

@Omegaknight quote:

O.O

@Omegaknight quote:

I don't use frost towers, I use a squire to build walls, a monk for aa and serenity auras, and a huntress for traps and elemental chaos. I have maybe 4 pieces of "legacy" (legendary) gear equipped. The rest is blue purple and maybe a few green. My 4th hero deck slot is a AP Huntress, also not in "legacy" gear.

I have legitimately farmed my way through all nightmare levels to get where I am, comfortably farming nm 3. I didn't exploit the serenity auras, I don't use frost towers bc my apprentice got screwed in the reroll, and I am not decked head to toe in ill-gotten gear. I'm also not a full time player. I play maybe 10-20 hours a week, most of that being in a single day as I work full time and am a full time student.

As of now, my squire walls are 201k at level 1, my elemental chaos traps are 1300 at level 1, and my serenity auras both slow and have the monk legendary  aura thingy (forgot the name). I've worked my butt off in game to get to the point that I can play a dps character, since that is what I wanted to do since the first time I played this game. I got it because I tried, not because I pissed and moaned about the game not being fun, or what's broken about it. 

I come on the forums, post constructive feedback, and point out bugs when I notice them. I don't think the game is perfect, it's far from being there. But, it is fun, because again, I don't compare it to something that it's not.

@Omegaknight quote:

I don't use frost towers, I use a squire to build walls, a monk for aa and serenity auras, and a huntress for traps and elemental chaos. I have maybe 4 pieces of "legacy" (legendary) gear equipped. The rest is blue purple and maybe a few green. My 4th hero deck slot is a AP Huntress, also not in "legacy" gear.

I have legitimately farmed my way through all nightmare levels to get where I am, comfortably farming nm 3. I didn't exploit the serenity auras, I don't use frost towers bc my apprentice got screwed in the reroll, and I am not decked head to toe in ill-gotten gear. I'm also not a full time player. I play maybe 10-20 hours a week, most of that being in a single day as I work full time and am a full time student.

As of now, my squire walls are 201k at level 1, my elemental chaos traps are 1300 at level 1, and my serenity auras both slow and have the monk legendary  aura thingy (forgot the name). I've worked my butt off in game to get to the point that I can play a dps character, since that is what I wanted to do since the first time I played this game. I got it because I tried, not because I pissed and moaned about the game not being fun, or what's broken about it. 

I come on the forums, post constructive feedback, and point out bugs when I notice them. I don't think the game is perfect, it's far from being there. But, it is fun, because again, I don't compare it to something that it's not.

All I am going to say about this is how many people are able to do what you can vs who can not. We are talk about the 99% of the players.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone. Obviously I wasn't trying to. Sometimes when people say things they are just speaking their opinion. They're also aware that others might disagree and not share that opinion. No-one on this thread is trying to decree what anyone should think here.

Glad you were able to enjoy the game and fighting to get to where you are.

All of the people I know have stopped playing now because the game isn't interesting. That's a shame.

I don't find grinding away in solo fun. I know a lot of people like it. Fair enough. I'd like to see the game playable at the level I want to play and with multiplayer viability. Yes we could go play lower level stuff. Yes, we could grind away at the higher content as a duo. With the random leaks I don't have the mental fortitude to keep smashing my head against that wall though. Hence the list of fixes I'd like to see in the above post. I don't mind it being hard. I'd like it to be hard. But I hate the random game ending bugs.

I'm eager to keep playing I just want to know when a patch might arrive to fix these things.

Yeah well, while people are "not comparing it to something it's not" it is part of the dungeon defenders franchise and have every right to question design directions at times. 

Glad some people are enjoying it, though. But for every person enjoying the piss poor state it is, I can almost guarantee there are many who are not. That said, though, myself and lots others have stated our thoughts and wants here on the forums, and will wait to see how it goes. I personally can't enjoy it in its current state because it's just not fun to me, but I'm not going to dog someone for enjoying it. Hell I'm glad some are. 

Just waitin' around for the issues I have with it, to be fixed, as I have no desire to farm through the same modes repeatedly to find *** drops over and over.

They seem to patch/hotfix every Thursday.

Using this data, I would expect the next patch/hotfix to be released this Thursday, but I could be wrong. 

@chesticles quote:

They seem to patch/hotfix every Thursday.

Using this data, I would expect the next patch/hotfix to be released this Thursday, but I could be wrong. 

I'm pretty sure they would anounce the new patch before i hits live, and i don't think they will put a lot into their hotfixes since it's a major patch where they are "trying all over again"

@MegaHamster7 quote:

Obviously I don't speak for everyone. Obviously I wasn't trying to. Sometimes when people say things they are just speaking their opinion. They're also aware that others might disagree and not share that opinion. No-one on this thread is trying to decree what anyone should think here.

You used the passive "you" to describe an aspect of the game:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

I love playing my DPS chars but you can't do it at the moment because you can only solo.

Maybe it was not your intention, but the linguistic meaning of this sentence is that at the moment it's not possible for anyone to play the game solo and have a DPS character.  You could have instead said:

"I love playing my DPS chars but I can't do it at the moment because the multiplayer scaling makes the game too hard for me and my friends and I need all four builders to play solo."

This wording makes it clear that you are talking about your circle of friends and not making assumptions about anyone else's ability to play the game.  Such assumptions almost invariably get you a response from someone who has conflicting personal experience.

Hi tdb. 

I like to credit people with the ability to read between the lines and accept that I might not write everything perfectly. This is an internet forum not a legal document. It's pretty obvious I'm not trying to tell people what is and isn't possible, simply describing what I find to be the case.

Can you refrain from posting self-congratulatory grammar nazi posts as no-one wants to hear this rubbish and keep to the issues please?

Thanks.

I was just trying to explain why you got the response from Bob Loblaw that you did, since you apparently didn't like that either.  I figured you might respond in that way though.  Oh well, at least I tried.