Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 38

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, September 25th at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Will Brad remember Fancy Friday this week?")

Question:

Last Devstream you guys talked about gun type weapons being hard to develop for the huntress since it would require new animations for her and her costumes. But why not just create a new hero who uses guns, one thing i disliked about dd1 was that every new hero that came out used old hero weapons instead of having a unique weapon type like the original 4. I feel like this time around you can take advantage of this opportunity and create new weapon types for new heroes, that way the apprentice can stick to staves, huntress to bows, squire to swords, etc. So have you thought about something like this when discussing about new heroes (i know they are still not even planned, but surely they were discussed at some point)? I really think weapon types would make new heroes even more unique (apart from having different towers).  

-Can we get the inventory to use the entire screen, like in DD1? Tons of screen space is wasted trying to fit everything onto a gameboy pocket screen sized area. We miss folders, too.

-The balance between traps/auras and towers on the other hand seems very off. Mostly thanks to Frostbite towers not working on... towers - due to design as well as low DU towers scaling better (why?). Is this something the dev team is aware of (the imbalance)? And any plans on making Frostbite buffs apply to towers?

Lightning questions:

-Is weather still being worked on?

Gief AOE buff on fireballs pl0x.

Why is animating new weapons in DD2 too hard when in DD1 there were dozens of weapons types?

Lightning question: 

- How about doubling the walking speed in build phase to save some time? 

1) Hero Deck: Least popular feature, or most hated feature?

L) Can you make the dummies in the tavern susceptible to status effects and traps in order to facilitate theorycrafting?

L) How many hours of play would you guess it takes to gain 75 pet affection levels?

1. What are you thoughts on implementing some sort of storage chest that can be accessed only when in the tavern? It would be 1 large 32+ slot bag in addition to the current inventory and could be used to hold different build/gear sets, etc, stuff that you dont want to sell but don't want taking up inventory space. Slots could be unlocked/purchased or earned via quest(s).

2. Full Answer or Lightning Round: Do you plan on adjusting the loot drop rate to match the loot cave 2.0 event or close to it? 

If not lightning round: Reasons behind adjusting drop rate.

If lighting round: just a yes or no

Prefer full for #2 but I'll be happy with a Lighting round answer :P

I don't know if the current economy system what you intended to do, but I personally find it unbalanced: skill spheres cost too much compared to the amount of money we win. Also, shop sells some very bad and useless stuffs. Any plan on changing that soon?

When will you balance the gold economy?  Spheres, gear upgrades, and pet upgrades cost an impossible amount of gold when compared to ingame earnings and the value of sold loot.

Why don't hatched pets have any gold value?

LIghtning:  Can you go thru an entire dev stream without giving the answers of "Soon" or "We're looking into that" ?

In several devstreams there has been mention of "NM1-3 is where you learn to properly use the towers and combinations that are needed to win the endgame" or something of that nature.
Also the forums are full of things like like "NM3 is easy" and "Towers are not underpowered you are just too dumb to set up properly".

Is this currently in the game (other than frost + traps) or do we need to wait for more passives for this to become true? Can you give some examples or hints for us non-godly users?

I've been trying out all kind of tower combos and it seems like there is always just one meta/cheese at a time, untile the next nerf/passive comes out.

Is it possible to play with people from different regions online in the PS4 version? ie EU/AUS/NZ players with US players.

Pets and Dragons is an interesting start for the PS4, however I was hoping to try out NM and Onslaught mode. Any Idea when the PS4 version will get these modes?

My primary interest in the game right now is the pet system due to the set-in-stone statistics that each one has compared to the 'it's another item so it has whatever stats' from DD1 that makes them a unique equipment (nearly) and a fun thing to track the numbers of. My questions are as follows:

Lightning 1: Are there plans soon to buff their Attack Damage, possibly even giving them a common multiplier based on the equipped Hero's AD and/or AP,

Lightning 2: -give them unique attack animations (not just blobs of magic),

Lightning 3: -make some melee,

Lightning 4: -have any do things other than just damage (eat at your Hero Mana to heal you for example)?

You know, to differentiate them more?

Lightning 5: And the ever present, will you be reducing the price of rerolling? Around 5x lower (10k max) seems reasonable.

Oh, and the Hero Deck, I've lost interest in it. I mean surely being able to use all your Heroes at once would make people want to spend more on Hero Slots so they can actually make use of them?

Are you fixing the monk aura? Without it towers are useless at end game

Are you fixing the economy?

Can we have 2 points per upgrade level on items, weapons are fine but armour is not worth upgrading.

Can you look at tower, aura and trap DPS scaling it is awful as it is now.

Lightning: would you like a ham sandwich?

Lightning: Can we get an ogre to sit in the forums and prevent the hijacking how the DEV's question thread?

Why is there at the moment no barrier for new people who just got 50 and instant joins a Nightmare 4 run and get geared instantly? they just can join anygame they want, whenever they want? shouldnt it be restricted to your itempower? I think this issue should get more attention.

100% agree there should be a method for filtering out inexperienced and poorly equipped players. The oldvIPWR restrictions in public games should come back.

@Droelie quote:

Why is there at the moment no barrier for new people who just got 50 and instant joins a Nightmare 4 run and get geared instantly? they just can join anygame they want, whenever they want? shouldnt it be restricted to your itempower? I think this issue should get more attention.

How is this any different from players who got random legacy gear after the reroll patch and are now the top % of players on the server? Are these legacy holders any better than those whom you have described? They both get free handouts.

Ugh, legacy holders who think they are better than everyone else makes me sick

We need a full item reset.

@Omegaknight quote:

@Droelie quote:

How is this any different from players who got random legacy gear after the reroll patch and are now the top % of players on the server? Are these legacy holders any better than those whom you have described? They both get free handouts.

Ugh, legacy holders who think they are better than everyone else makes me sick

We need a full item reset.

well that just happens tho, maybe its not the most fair thing, but ithink there should be some kind of ipwr range like you can do maps that are 100 ipwr above you or something, yes leeching is still possible then but not like getting instant ipwr 700+ or something. It just feels wrong to me. I think a full item reset should be done at some point.

The devs said they will not restrict players right to choose what they want to do in the game. This is why they stopped enforcing the Ipwr limits. 

Are the new players farming NM4 that threatening to you? This game isn't even pvp and there is no ladder. 

"My" legacy squire at 200 ipwr has more hp on walls than a normal squire at 700+ ipwr

"My" apprentice has over 100% frosty power at 200 ipwr compared to a normal players 50~%

"I" don't even have to talk about what my monk and huntress can do.

These items have to go, and with them getting erased maybe some people will drop their superiority complexes and be normal.

@Omegaknight quote:

The devs said they will not restrict players right to choose what they want to do in the game. This is why they stopped enforcing the Ipwr limits. 

Are the new players farming NM4 that threatening to you? This game isn't even pvp and there is no ladder. 

I dont have a problem with players who do that, thats their choice how they want to enjoy the game. But i can't think of something that is fun, if you just instant get high geared. It doesn't feel like you accomplished something. And to me it does not have the feeling of hero / player progression to me. This is just how i feel about it. People can play how they like to play.