Sign in to follow this  
Chappyy

No play ban wagon

So I have hopped on the not going to play ban wagon. Last time I played was over a week ago and the game felt dry and no motivation to grind. So I just read the forums and watch the dev streams hoping for the update that gets me excited to play again. Well not this week here's why. I hated the scavenger and great he exposed to you your flaws in the inventory management system. That is not what the players want fixed right now! What I think should have happened was collect your data and instead of this massive overhaul on the inventory right now, just turn the scavenger into the TIB for now and fix the core mechanics people are complaining about. Then down the line add these inventory fixes. Also of note was the influence vote clump or not to clump, where the heck did that come from! I bet no one even noticed or knew it was even a bug. How about we put up an influence vote on the heated issues that are on the boards? Ones the community want to see fixed first. So we feel like we are actually influencing the parts of the game we care about. So for now I am just going to read the patch notes and wait for something interesting that jumps out and screams you gotta try this.
TL/DR Trendy make me want to play again!!!! For now I will watch the boards and streams.

Careful, Seph is on the prowl this morning. Your posts will be littered with rabid defending of Trendy if you aren't careful. Sarcasm aside, I did the same as you and can't be bothered to log on until improvements are made. Right now, just isn't the game for me.

@Tristaris quote:

Careful, Seph is on the prowl this morning. Your posts will be littered with rabid defending of Trendy if you aren't careful. Sarcasm aside, I did the same as you and can't be bothered to log on until improvements are made. Right now, just isn't the game for me.

Bring it Seph! ;)
I don't think the devs need to be defended from me. I like the game and I like how they have dev streams and take questions. I just don't think they let the community influence help guide the priorities as much as they want us to believe. I think for the most part the influence votes are a minor placeholder and they have a road map that they don't really want to deviate from unless it involves game breaking issues.

It's a lot based game, having an inventory system as bad as this (still so lacking after 3.0)  is not on.

Yes other bits need fixing, but so does this...

Ha, what doesn't need fixing! 

@Chappyy quote:

Bring it Seph! ;)
I don't think the devs need to be defended from me. I like the game and I like how they have dev streams and take questions. I just don't think they let the community influence help guide the priorities as much as they want us to believe. I think for the most part the influence votes are a minor placeholder and they have a road map that they don't really want to deviate from unless it involves game breaking issues.

You know, I was completely baffled by the last influence vote. I mean, really who gave a damn if someone was building close to a crystal? I rarely if ever had anything close to crystals due to if kobolds/flying kobolds targeted something near the core, it was bad news and it was logical not to. Complete waste of an influence vote and was unecessary. 

There is so much more they could do with the influence vote, remember the weather effects that was hardly voted on? You know how awesome it would be to go into maps and have just random weather effects, snowing, storming, etc and how it would change things up constantly and make it less "same-y"? Yet that wasn't even hardly looked at. Weather should be in game, regardless of a vote, but you get my drift.

@Tristaris quote:

@Chappyy quote:

Bring it Seph! ;)

You know, I was completely baffled by the last influence vote. I mean, really who gave a damn if someone was building close to a crystal? I rarely if ever had anything close to crystals due to if kobolds/flying kobolds targeted something near the core, it was bad news and it was logical not to. Complete waste of an influence vote and was unecessary. 

There is so much more they could do with the influence vote, remember the weather effects that was hardly voted on? You know how awesome it would be to go into maps and have just random weather effects, snowing, storming, etc and how it would change things up constantly and make it less "same-y"? Yet that wasn't even hardly looked at. Weather should be in game, regardless of a vote, but you get my drift.

A good point. Influence week Look at the number one voted item from influence week. But we do have "an I for inventory" from anywhere which was waaaaay down there.

I'd LOVE to see weather effects in game. Snow covered maps, and or even having weather affect enemies? If it's snowing and cold, enemies move 20% slower and occasionally freeze making shatter that much more valuable. 

Raining? Lightning auras are going to be your friends this map and have fun enjoying a lot more enemy stuns. 

Sun shining? Enemies have slightly less health due to being fatigued from their travels.

Could go on and on, as I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement. Shouldn't be hard I can imagine, as on maps like crossroads they already have the ability to give enemies drenched debuff from things like waterfalls. 

They could do SO much if they wanted to. I LOVED the way the video looked for how weather was...

I just think that over the last month or if you like the last few patches Trendy focused poorly. Preemptive sorry to all you hard core end gamers. I think all the time spent on end game content, then the re rolling of end game content gear, and then the over powering of end game content, which then promted the need to make passives for end game content, has consumed soooooo much time that the core issues are never getting fixed. I know the loudest voices here are hard core end game players but if the metrics they like to through out is that most of the players are not even to insane then why are we spending so much time on end game when the largest number of players don't even want to play to get to end game because it is painful. I think we need to get back to making the core game fun. We need to fix the heroes so people love them then worry about making the content around them. I know there are people that get to the top fast and cry about being bored but I think it's time to go back to the basics and figure out why people are not getting to end game.

@Chappyy quote:

I just think that over the last month or if you like the last few patches Trendy focused poorly. Preemptive sorry to all you hard core end gamers. I think all the time spent on end game content, then the re rolling of end game content gear, and then the over powering of end game content, which then promted the need to make passives for end game content, has consumed soooooo much time that the core issues are never getting fixed. I know the loudest voices here are hard core end game players but if the metrics they like to through out is that most of the players are not even to insane then why are we spending so much time on end game when the largest number of players don't even want to play to get to end game because it is painful. I think we need to get back to making the core game fun. We need to fix the heroes so people love them then worry about making the content around them. I know there are people that get to the top fast and cry about being bored but I think it's time to go back to the basics and figure out why people are not getting to end game.

It's Alpha now, which is just one-step closer to Open Alpha, at which time core aspects are finalized.  To me, drastic design changes are meeting its end................................................................................... . ..  . . . . . .............GG, WP, GL HF, NO RE.

@Trueday2001 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

It's Alpha now, which is just one-step closer to Open Alpha, which means core aspects are finalized.  To me, drastic design changes are meeting its end................................................................................... . ..  . . . . . .............GG

Can we go back? I think we can go back. Let's Marty Mcfly this puppy and getterdone.

@Chappyy quote:

@Trueday2001 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

It's Alpha now, which is just one-step closer to Open Alpha, which means core aspects are finalized.  To me, drastic design changes are meeting its end................................................................................... . ..  . . . . . .............GG

Can we go back? I think we can go back. Let's Marty Mcfly this puppy and getterdone.

Can go back and reinstall DD1 XD

@Trueday2001 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Trueday2001 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

Still installed XP

@Trueday2001 quote:

Moonbase just came out to DD1 ranked a couple days ago, plus the CDT will be adding new content regularly. Reinvesting time in DD1 certainly isn't a bad route to travel.

@gigazelle quote:

@Trueday2001 quote:

Moonbase just came out to DD1 ranked a couple days ago, plus the CDT will be adding new content regularly. Reinvesting time in DD1 certainly isn't a bad route to travel.

At least until Open Alpha hits.  If things are pretty much still the same then as they are now, then there's really no reinstalling DD2, but perhaps DD1 for me.

@Trueday2001 quote:

@gigazelle quote:

@Trueday2001 quote:

At least until Open Alpha hits.  If things are pretty much still the same then as they are now, then there's really no reinstalling DD2, but perhaps DD1 for me.

Same for me, they need to fix a lot of things and add/ take out things.

@vSyNd quote:

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:
-snip-

Ha, what doesn't need fixing! 

Their art team is amazing, only thing that doesn't need fixing.

Lol so true,  yet I do miss the cartoony feeling from DD. I guess I need to stop trying DD2 to be like DD. Yeah, I mean you put that title and it should be, but DD is just to perfect. Makes me wanna cry ;(

@Andurian quote:

OMG!  Unfinished game is unfinished!

QQ

It's not that the unfinished game is unfinished. It's that there is obviously something wrong with the core function of the game. I'm fine with leaving parts of the game unfinished *cough* end game *cough cough* but when you ignore fixing and/or modifying aspects of the game that your community vocally either dislikes or makes them not want to play then you are making poor choices. Which I guess is fine since it is alpha and you are testing, but what if all your testers get tired of testing? I think that is an indication of where your finished product is heading.

@Chappyy quote:

@Andurian quote:

QQ

It's not that the unfinished game is unfinished. It's that there is obviously something wrong with the core function of the game. I'm fine with leaving parts of the game unfinished *cough* end game *cough cough* but when you ignore fixing and/or modifying aspects of the game that your community vocally either dislikes or makes them not want to play then you are making poor choices. Which I guess is fine since it is alpha and you are testing, but what if all your testers get tired of testing? I think that is an indication of where your finished product is heading.

+1

@Chappyy quote:

@Andurian quote:

QQ

Best to just ignore that nonsense like that. You'll constantly be bombarded with "it's alpha!!" and "it's not a finished game!" like we are ignorant to that fact. 

[[70482,users]] hit the nail on the head in response to that. But I'm willing to wait, and see what changes, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to voice concerns, much like others. Like recently, I think there were more dire issues than fixing picking loot up when you have a huge amount of players who have quit playing outright because of the general direction the game has taken. 

@Tristaris quote:

I'd LOVE to see weather effects in game. Snow covered maps, and or even having weather affect enemies? If it's snowing and cold, enemies move 20% slower and occasionally freeze making shatter that much more valuable. 

Raining? Lightning auras are going to be your friends this map and have fun enjoying a lot more enemy stuns. 

Sun shining? Enemies have slightly less health due to being fatigued from their travels.

Could go on and on, as I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement. Shouldn't be hard I can imagine, as on maps like crossroads they already have the ability to give enemies drenched debuff from things like waterfalls. 

They could do SO much if they wanted to. I LOVED the way the video looked for how weather was...

If there's any one thing that should be taken away by the Dev's from this entire thread, it's this post above.  squire_small.png

@Tristaris quote:

Best to just ignore that nonsense like that. You'll constantly be bombarded with "it's alpha!!" and "it's not a finished game!" like we are ignorant to that fact. 

Perhaps because y'all whine like you're ignorant of that fact?  

Making suggestions is entirely reasonable.  Complaining about the lack of QA before patches going live is fine.   Shouting "I'm taking my ball and going home because this unfinished game isn't exactly what I want!" is just childish, especially when none of you ever actually do.

@Andurian quote:

@Tristaris quote:

Perhaps because y'all whine like you're ignorant of that fact?  

Making suggestions is entirely reasonable.  Complaining about the lack of QA before patches going live is fine.   Shouting "I'm taking my ball and going home because this unfinished game isn't exactly what I want!" is just childish, especially when none of you ever actually do.

I didn't say I was taking my ball and going home. I said I want to play but right now the game is so not fun I wont. And yes I have not played since 8 sep 15. I have no motivation to play because I have no interest in the current build. I will play this game again because I know sooner or later things will get fixed, I hope. But I am far to stubborn to spend time on things that are not fun for my limited free time.