Authentication Failed

Greetings,

I play normally at home, but this happens when I try to press play button from my work PC.

I logged in successfully at your web-site, and got my account linked to steam there.

Also checked steam feature with a new IP registration - it was not the reason in my case.

Thanks anyway. 

Have you tried pressing ok then pressing play again?

Sometimes I get this error and I just press ok then play again and it goes away.

Also, you could try logging in and out of Steam.

There are also some possible solutions posted here.

Hey [[95145,users]]

On Thursday we put up a patch to fix a timing issue with Steam authentication; however, the login process is still very reliant on the local Steam client being in a good state. Try restarting Steam, logging out and back in, etc. before relaunching the game. Make sure you see the Steam overlay pop-up in the bottom right after launching the game - if you don't this is a good sign something is wrong.

If you continue to have issues please contact our support group at link.

• 6 years later...

Hey!! Thanks for the great suggestions. I was very interested. I spend a lot of time at the computer. But because of this, I have difficulty writing papers in college. To do this, I needed to find the best online service for college papers online. And this . Professional writers can easily cope with any of your tasks. They helped me a lot.

• 1 month later...