Sign in to follow this  
tigerclaw44

Things we need for DD2 to work/ Please read and add your suggestions/ long read

I agree with a lot of it, pets and weapons especially. What I don't agree with is making the ways levels play out more random, having things random just craps up planning and I'm the type of person who likes to plan ahead and personally I think that's what the tower defense style is about, planning. Having random bonuses to lanes is bad enough imo.

What I STRONGLY disagree with is towers being too strong. From a solo perspective I don't think hero damage and abilities should be necessary outside the very end-game. I haven't been playing in a group but it would feel natural that hero damage should be much more important in a group setting because you can cover more of the map at once.

Honestly, I think hero and tower damage should both be viable. And should be able build of I want, or hold a lane if I want. Towers should be viable. Hero dps should be viable.

I have a suggestion to add:

7 different game modes.  Why can't there just be 3? 

1. Campaign
  2. Free Play
  3. Incursion
  4. Onslaught
  5. End Game
  6. End Game Incursion
  7. End Game Onslaught

Why can't End Game and Incursion just be a difficulty?  What's the fundamental difference between Free Play, End Game, and Incursion?  Just different difficulties, right?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Why can't there just be three modes; Campaign, Free Mode (or End Game, NOT BOTH), Onslaught.  And for each mode have difficulties be like:

1. Easy
  2. Normal
  3. Hard
  4. Very Hard
  5. Fearing
  6. Crippling
  7. Insane
  8. Nightmare
  9. Worst Nightmare

Right now, If someone beats the Campaign, where do they go?  They try a map of End Game Easy and it's too easy.  So next, they try the same map but End Game Normal and fail at the final wave.  So they try Free Play Normal on the same map and get rolled in the 2nd wave.  Okay, then End Game comes before Free Play?  But End Game sounds like after Free Play because it's the "End Game".  Free Play is I can do whatever I want.  I'm Free to Play whatever map.  But aren't you free to play any map in End Game mode?  Yes. So what' the difference between End Game and Free Play again?  

*EDIT* Get rid of Free Play. 

@Tristaris quote:

Honestly, I think hero and tower damage should both be viable. And should be able build of I want, or hold a lane if I want. Towers should be viable. Hero dps should be viable.

I agree, to me it seems though that the balance between heroes and towers is leaning on towers. My characters are very weak compared  to my original DD characters yet the towers seem to be better.

Yes if you get a full set of DPS armor on a high nm mode, you will be able to do some damage. I still fill as if the towers are a bit on the better side.

@Seeri quote:

I agree with a lot of it, pets and weapons especially. What I don't agree with is making the ways levels play out more random, having things random just craps up planning and I'm the type of person who likes to plan ahead and personally I think that's what the tower defense style is about, planning. Having random bonuses to lanes is bad enough imo.

What I STRONGLY disagree with is towers being too strong. From a solo perspective I don't think hero damage and abilities should be necessary outside the very end-game. I haven't been playing in a group but it would feel natural that hero damage should be much more important in a group setting because you can cover more of the map at once.

yes,but I do think a few towers should die down on the damage. Monks AA tower(depending on stats) can one shot wyverns on NM1. I just feel like as stressed(in a good way) as I did on DD. I feel way more relaxed than I did on DD because I feel that DD was harder and more challenging. To me just depending on towers an not doing anything else is just not like DD, you should be on your toes. I do know that The higher NM mode are but I think that the easier ones should be harder for lower level because I went through the campaign like nothing. Thank you for your reply, I think I should specify which towers I think are OP. For the randomness, its  more of a personal hope. I like to be a bit surprised but then again some people do not.

Thank you Edit*

@Trueday2001 quote:

I have a suggestion to add:

7 different game modes.  Why can't there just be 3? 

1. Campaign
  2. Free Play
  3. Incursion
  4. Onslaught
  5. End Game
  6. End Game Incursion
  7. End Game Onslaught

Why can't End Game and Incursion just be a difficulty?  What's the fundamental difference between Free Play, End Game, and Incursion?  Just different difficulties, right?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Why can't there just be three modes; Campaign, Free Mode (or End Game, NOT BOTH), Onslaught.  And for each mode have difficulties be like:

1. Easy
  2. Normal
  3. Hard
  4. Very Hard
  5. Fearing
  6. Crippling
  7. Insane
  8. Nightmare
  9. Worst Nightmare

Right now, If someone beats the Campaign, where do they go?  They try a map of End Game Easy and it's too easy.  So next, they try the same map but End Game Normal and fail at the final wave.  So they try Free Play Normal on the same map and get rolled in the 2nd wave.  Okay, then End Game comes before Free Play?  But End Game sounds like after Free Play because it's the "End Game".  Free Play is I can do whatever I want.  I'm Free to Play whatever map.  But aren't you free to play any map in End Game mode?  Yes. So what' the difference between End Game and Free Play again?  

*EDIT* Get rid of Free Play. 

I agree  I think that you should have to start from the beginning of end mode(like campaign) and work up through the levels. . Yes I think that having the end game separate from the regular is a bit silly I do not know why they are separate.

I agree with a few posts, actually, especially in regard to there just being way too many difficulties and modes.

It's going to create problems with balancing, especially if they are more concerned with lower end difficulties. I think we should go back to less modes, and then just a bigger difficulty slider. Campaign should be that. After that, allow me to crank the difficulty up on the campaign if I want to. Am I done with normal campaign? Allow me to play free play, and toy with the difficulty slider there, if I want to. Leave some difficulties exclusive to end game, though, perhaps. 

Not entirely sure what or how to go about it, but it's something to think on.

@Tristaris quote:

I agree with a few posts, actually, especially in regard to there just being way too many difficulties and modes.

It's going to create problems with balancing, especially if they are more concerned with lower end difficulties. I think we should go back to less modes, and then just a bigger difficulty slider. Campaign should be that. After that, allow me to crank the difficulty up on the campaign if I want to. Am I done with normal campaign? Allow me to play free play, and toy with the difficulty slider there, if I want to. Leave some difficulties exclusive to end game, though, perhaps. 

Not entirely sure what or how to go about it, but it's something to think on.

I agree, added something like this under game mechanics will add more on it later

@tigerclaw44 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@tigerclaw44 quote:
Capes: I think this would look really cool, a cool add-on to the heroes.

Sorry all I can think about is The Incredibles. NO CAPES!!!!

Well how about capes, but with the option to not have one on???

I think that would be in the best interest to everyone's' safety.

@Tristaris quote:

I agree that that would be ideal I'm just not sure how that would work in a solo game since you can't be in enough places at once, that's why I feel it works better as a top-end end-game or multiplayer concern.

I would love a direct copy-paste of the DD1 inventory system. Just allow us to spend RL currency on adding more slots if we want to. Why fit everything inside a window the size of a Gameboy Color screen?

@Ratiasu quote:

I would love a direct copy-paste of the DD1 inventory system. Just allow us to spend RL currency on adding more slots if we want to. Why fit everything inside a window the size of a Gameboy Color screen?

Yes, so many things from DD that they shouldn't even have messed with. Yes it would have been nice if they did but they didn't.

thank you for your reply

@Seeri quote:

@Tristaris quote:

I agree that that would be ideal I'm just not sure how that would work in a solo game since you can't be in enough places at once, that's why I feel it works better as a top-end end-game or multiplayer concern.

Build most towers on one side of the map and help out at the other side. 

Even if I did agree with some of the OPs points, the post is so scattered and broad that it makes it incredibly hard for anyone on the forums to actually show support.  Refer to this post for details.

@IGELmitDEAGLE quote:

@Seeri quote:

@Tristaris quote:

Build most towers on one side of the map and help out at the other side. 

That still makes you a lot more reliant on towers than it does hero damage so at least personally I wouldn't say it makes hero damage viable as a main play style, just a supplement. I think that's how it should be in a solo game though. There's a lot more room to make it more about hero damage in multiplayer.