Sign in to follow this  
tigerclaw44

Things we need for DD2 to work/ Please read and add your suggestions/ long read

*WILL UPDATE TOMORROW* Reason: Stayed up all night playing DD2.

Suggestions Throughout Thread

I want to begin saying that I am a huge fan of DD. It is the only game I have ever got all of the achievements for on the ps3. It had that awesome tower defence/hack and slash/RPG/Awesomeness/Mystery/Variety, Great Maps, Great Weapons, loot system, Great hub, Great Matchmaking (I feel it's better than DD2 match making, even though DD2 is still only in Alpha), Great Pets (WAY better pets and pet system), Pretty good Variety of enemies (DLC was great in this aspect along with others), Great Tavern Keeper (Really liked how after every battle, he would have a different stock of possibly your new pet or armor or weapon), along with a bunch of other things that I will try to get to in this post. DD2 is far from DD in a lot of ways, I will be sharing how and what can be done to make DD2 comparable to DD. Right now DD2 is nothing but a empty sad shadow compared to DD, which is sad because DD is almost 5. Let's begin:

DUNGEON DEFENDERS 2 STORY SUGGESTION

Ok, so this new enemy is trying to free the old one. We fight and fight and they take the castle. All hope is lost, what do we do? (The king got out with the crystals in a secret passage way, so the old ones are still contained) All of a sudden as the heroes are on their last leg fighting, Betsy, the queen of the wyverns comes in and swoops them up and saves them. She takes you back to here place which is an extremely ancient and defensible tree. We land in her domain and ask her why she saved us. in turn she says "I must protect my babies and if the old ones are freed then all hope is lost".

So after that you look around at your new tavern and see someone. Its the ol' Tavern Keeper!!!!! You run over and ask how he made it out and he replies "luck"(Later on we realize that the tavern keeper is an ancient defender, warn from time and donuts. Now, the 4 heroes that saved Etheira, must save it again, for if they do not we shall all perish. END FOR NOW/ Should the heroes try to raise an army of the very things they fight? King of the giants?? Spider Queen?? I would love to see betsy swoop in on the last mission with a real boss. She starts attacking the boss and then the giant(No idea yet) Catches her in its mouth and throws her as if a baseball. Now all of you, The king of orges, spider queen, all of these things you thought to be evil, but only misguided. END

Any good?

LEVEL DESIGN

Can we please have some diversity other than the same ol "cover your lane so we can get our loot"? How about, keep an eye on that gaping whole that sometimes spawns an ogre to completely ruin your day. Can we get a little spontaneous with how the monsters pop out of their magic black abyss?? I would love to see some flying kobolds come at me in a V form and just wreck me beyond belief, would no one else? Lets get creative in this come on, I want challenge not the same stuff over and over again.

Maps: Lets start with the maps of DD. DD had fun and diverse maps, with new areas and cool places I actually wanted to play in. DD2 seems way dumbed down in this aspect, It feels like I am playing in the same area throughout the entire game(I know I ( am mainly at the castle but I at least wanna see a little diversity). To me the only areas that felt a bit like they were unique was near the end in the big tree, and the very end with the poorly designed wanna be boss battle, What does this Betsy have to do with the shards? I know it is unfinished but this part ( I think) needs to be taken out if you wanna go for a story line that actually makes sense. 

Map Ideas: I want floating magical stuff. I want lava, I miss falling into it, and the glow and awesomeness of it. I want bigger harder maps. Close corner maps. I Want better Physics. I want BETTER maps, if you don't know what a better map looks like, please take a look at the DD DLC's.

Thing to make Maps and Story Better: Take us to places ok, take us to the desert or wasteland or underwater city. I know that all that was added to DD in DLC, but shouldn't be added like that in DD2.  We should see new awesome areas with their own unique creatures that live there.

Things not in DD2: Were re my flying rugs or Teleport crystals or LAVA???? What is with these huge crevices we are in, I don't want to feel like a trapped dog I wanna breath and be free. Shouldn't after all this time of waiting we should see an improvement on the maps? Shouldn't we go hunt down these guys who are trying to free the old ones and give em the beat down?

Enemy Improvements: I think if you are going to introduce new monsters and enemies you should show were they come from. For instance, that crystal monster thing that digs into the ground(Don't know the name because I don't care for it) Should of had a level were you are deep underground and you see the huge crystals everywhere. a hero try's to break a  piece  off and all of a sudden the ground starts to rumble and the entire cave comes alive.

New Enemies: We need far more and better enemies. the ones in DD2 are a joke ok. I do not know what any of the enemies are called because you don't need to. In DD you needed to because that Ninja was coming at you from behind while you were watching your lane and if it kills you would loose the entire match. You needed to know the names to call out to your fellow defenders to look behind you, or you will get hammered.

Boss: I Want awesome bosses, not betsy. I Want a boss that When I see  it i'm like "Nope not ready, i'm so gonna get destroyed there is no chance I can even scathe that Beast' Not this " Oh a giant wyvern, wonder what type of Fire staff I'm gonna get" . If i'm facing the the QUEEN of the wyverns, I actually wanna see some awesome stuff. not this "Besty summons wyverns, oh no" I wanna see it "Betsy is gonna tear you to pieces in 5 seconds if you don't get out of the way' then a " Told ya so, try again next time, not that you'll survive -insert evil laugh you will always remember for your first Big Boss death-. This level was incredibly disappointing along with most of the games level design.

New Better Final Boss: We all remember that final boss in DD. Your at the top of the castle, in the dark stormy night. all you see is this giant shadow And glowing red eyes. Then the lightning flashes and you see the giant beast of  dragon. That boss could eat betsy in one bite. Betsy is not a boss, its a slap in the face. What does betsy have to do with anything? If anything we should try talking to it being it is a magical place and see maybe if it will fight for us.  We need bigger, awesome, bosses that make you crap you pants and cry when you loose.

Ingame voice: I want whoever has the best cool voice in this game. I want em to laugh when you loose. I want em to congratulate you when you win. I Went someone I hate, and someone I love.

Lane and Map Improvements: I want moving levels, I want changing lanes, I want little crevices were little things can come out and ruin your day. I WANT FIRE TO RAIN FROM THE SKY AS I KILL A COOL BOSS(sorry). I want parts of the map to crumble and fall or rise from a magic enemy. The levels are incredibly boring, no fun at all.

Weather: Why is it always the same? Can we get some blizzards or rain storms and stuff like that? Have it affect player movement, towers, monsters, that type of thing.

Level Progression: Ok so I noticed that when you reach 50 and start doing the NM you get destroyed. If you however have a friend who can do NM4, then you can just hitch a ride for the first round and boost your IPWR by, well a lot. Should we have level requirements for the harder NM waves?

LOOT SYSTEM AND WEAPONS

Now, lets move on to the weapons and loot system. When I first heard that they were doing Mystics and Legendries I got really excited because I love RPG's and this is one of my favorite parts of an RPG.  Here the "Mystics and Legendries" are nothing close to what I would expect with something with that title, is it to you? NO, it isn't. When you get a legendary Or any piece of gear that is supposed to be just amazing and unique, it should be that and more. it Should NOT look like a epic or a mythic it should have a defining look and name and Description like "Legend Says this staff was made from an ancient volcano bathed in the blood of a million orcs" Doesn't that just scream " I HAVE THE POWER OF THE OLD ONES, I SMITE THY FO''. It should have lava coursing through it and maybe even spit some out at enemies.

Weapons: They need something. I have no clue what the first piece of legendary gear I got was, because first off, no defining features, and no awesomeness at all. I know DD didn't have legendries but the weapons their sure did have a lot more definition and awesomeness than the ones here do, a lot more. How about that Shia from DD that shot green balls of awesomeness and totally wrecked? Or that thing that spits fire onto the group that burns enemies? These are but a few of the weapons for just the Huntress. Can you tell me what you have for your huntress on DD2? "oh, um its a bow, it shoots these wood arrows that some how do more damage than a steal sword to the face.

The Grind: I have gotten a ton of legendries on DD2 as if they are handing them out like free candy to 5 year old. I wanna sit for hours and grind for my legendary and when I do get it I praise God( if I don't then I probably shoot myself in the foot till I don't have any more foot to shoot, then try again). I don't want my legendary to drop from some simple goblin, and if it does I want to it have some relevance to one with a description of how this goblins best friend goblin made this ugly blade for him and said he would never die (Real lucky. this sword is huh). I want my legendary to drop from a worth foe, not some unremarkable goblin that I kill in the droves. We need better, awesomeer, more meaningful, Way more defining, cooler weapons and a way better loot system. 'Nuf Said'.

Armor: Why when I get new a awesome looking helmet I can not see it on my character? I want my Squire to look like death ok, I want em to be the biggest scariest thing to make even ogres cower in fear. All of these pictures of armor and weapons look awesome, so why can I not see in look awesome on my characters? Fix this please, everyone would love it, and if they don't just add in  a setting to either "show armor currently on" or "Just show Default character".

Definition: People should know what you have on and what weapon you have. They should be able to say "Wow he must have had to go through droves and droves of enemies for hours, days, weeks, to look that awesome. Oh he has the legendary set of the Ancient Defenders? Wow He is a legend.

Titles for armor sets and weapons: We  should get Armor sets. We should get a title for completing our first set and completing an actual legendary set. I want awesome titles for my weapons and armor ok.

Suggestions: On higher level maps, instead of getting a random and totally weird look drop, add in the mechanic that was in the first DD. Like for Liferoot (Just trying to think of a map) you should add a guaranteed drop at the end. You would need to make the level harder for this to be a good guaranteed item.

New Loot Cave: I think this new loot cave idea is awesome. It would tie in so well with a new pet system and possibly a new loot system. I think this should how it always is.

HUB/TAVERN

Now I wanna talk about this dreadful hub. DD had a great hub no matter how small, you could place your awesome loot on tables and showcase it, you could get awesomeness (sometimes) from the tavern keeper, you had a secret room ( I LOVE my secret room), and that's pretty much it. This hub is well ehh. it doesn't feel alive and full of life like the other did. The Characters in the hub I could really care less if an ogre ate them all.

Customizable Crystal: I Do like the new varieties of things you get to defend, but I want my awesome customizable crystal back. I thought that thing was so cool, change it to glowing red and different shapes. Now you put the crystal that is supposed to be holding beings that are incredibly powerful in this little cart, that's always broken? Why are they so small to, what is up did the big cool ones all get destroyed? Well if they did tell me how and why it happened ok.

NPC Characters: Why do we now have a tailor, armorer, Pirate, and relic hunter who all seem to be brain dead boring? I would much rather have my good ol' pal the tavern keeper and his awesome stuff and charm than these NPC's.

Secret Room: In DD When I found out their was a secret room I just knew I had to get in there, just be their. Acquiring the secret room on DD showed how much of an awesome defender you were, what you had to go through to get to it.

Trophy Wall: Would no one else want one of these for their achievements? Oh I slayed a thousand special enemies(Not special at all) what do I get? Some gold, yup their ya go. I want A big trophy with fireworks shooting from the top, not gold.

Magic Mirror: Ok I think this would be way better than a boring old tailor. How about a magic mirror you stand in front and while you cycle through your new costumes it could say things like "Glad im not wearing that' or "The Hero's anemies shall cower in fear by the sight of that magnificent cape". Something to make me either punch the mirror, or slay thy enemies.

Confetti: After every battle I win, when  I come back to my tavern I want the trumpets trumpeting and the confetti spouting. I wanna feel like I just did something awesome, something worth while. If I lose I want this sad piano to start piano-ing in a funny joke saying how much of a loser you are since you lost with that classic drum beat to top it off.

Tavern Keeper: What did you do to my tavern keeper???? I want the guy from DD, not a bug support robot thing, how dare you disgrace that awesome dude. I want the guy who would talk to me after every battle an either make me feel powerful, or lousy. You better bring back the tavern keeper we all know and love.

War Table: I Actually like the table, but make it better. Have like mini dragons flying around and soldiers cowardly defending something with an ogre swinging his giant club at em. Something to make it feel alive. At least make it spin like the crystal did to make it feel a little alive.

Soldiers Bunk House Room: What is this? When I first saw that little space through the doorway I got really excited and said " finally something cool", but alas it is not cool. Boring and dull just like the rest of the tavern.

Armor racks: I want something were I can showcase my sweet armor and weapons. There is no room in my inventory for all this crap ok.

PETS 

What.... Did... you..... do...... Pets were one of my favorite parts of DD. I loved all of my DD pets, all of them even the crappy one. Here.... Here its like, why do I care about this pokemon?( if you haven't noticed the pets look like something from pokemon) These are the WORST pets i have ever seen. . This is probably the BIGGEST let down for me with DD2.

8HR Timer: Feels like a slap in the face, and Have you seen this new 8HR timer? What is it and why is it there? Please burn it and never ever think of that again EVER. Why, just why? How about instead of giving us 15 eggs per game you make it a little more harder and convenient(it didn't take 8hrs to get a pet on DD) and make them super rare and actually as good as you say they are? PLEASE GET RID OF THE STUPID TIMER AND MAKE THESE PETS BETTER AND COOLER AND THINK OF A DIFFERENT WAY TO GET THEM! I would not mind at all if you just cut and pasted the same pet system(and loot system) from DD to DD2, it would be a major improvement and NO ONE would care, they would love it. 

Pet Variety: Pet variety is absolute garbage ok.  their is literally THREE Choices of pets, Dragon, Creeper, and what I don't even know a cat? DD Had death robots, Chinese dragons, chicklets, Monkeys, Sea horses, and alot more. Why? Why would you do this?

Pet Abilities: In DD my Death Robot Shot death lasers from his eyes and kicked serious butt. What do I get now? Brain dead Pokémon that do nothing and no animation for attacks and no special animation for anything. I want to see my dragon actually do some dragon stuff ok, I want it to open its mouth and just spit fire balls ok. 

Pet Looks: Pet looks have absolutely no thought or coolness about the. Again you took these basic pokemon and shoved em into DD2. I am not proud nor satisfied with any of my pets and how they look.

Pet Interaction: How about when we are in the tavern we can choose either the pet can stay in its nest or if he can fly with you. If he can stay in the nest then let me pet it and feed it and stuff. If it gets mad then it could shoot something at you.

Pet Attacks: Garbage, that's all I have to say and really everything about the pets in DD2 are complete garbage.

TOWERS

Ok so you have improved on this part only a little. The new mage and monk towers look totally awesome, those are great need improvement but great.

Squire Towers: What happened to my cannonball tower I loved? Were the balls just popped out and bounced all over the place? That was the coolest/funniest thing ever and we want it back. Why does my squire have a traing dummy? What happened to my spiny blade of death tower? I Want it back or something better than a stupid dummie.

Huntress Towers: Ok some of the traps are the same and others are copy and paste. I wanna see the huntress stick  traps on the walls and ceilings now. I wanna see trip wires and you know cool stuff like that. The water thing tower in DD2 is garbage, I have no idea the purpose or the reason why it is there.

Monk Towers: New monk auras look awesome, they actually make a bit of sense. That AA tower is incredible and also OP.

Mage Towers: These all look pretty cool, good animations and all, would like some more improvements on diversity though.

Broken Towers: Ok, so you will be playing and all of a sudden a crystal is under attack. Hm, you wonder, you didn't see that one of your tower or blockade had been destroyed. You on over their to quickly realize that you blockade simply fell asleep and stopped doing its job. Please fix this.

Towers to OP: To me it seems the Towers are just to OP. All you have to do is set up your defense, and just sit and let em do the work. Maybe you have to run help kill the ogre, but you don't really need to do much else. I Think the enemies should be harder for how OP the Towers are, to were you actually have to defend a lane and if you don't you loose.  

Tower Passive: I have tied these out and they are pretty awesome( To me).

HEROES

Party Combos/Abilities: Wouldn't it be cool if whenever you did tornado, and huntress did flame bird that the tornado would catch on fire? Or squire and mage could combine their ground AOE attacks? Think this ability feature would be so cool.

Need More: We need more heroes with different skills and abilities.

Better Costumes: We need better, more fun costumes if we do not get to see our armor on our heroes.

Capes: I think this would look really cool, a cool add-on to the heroes.

BROKEN GAME MECHANICS 

I wanna know were that 5 year old kid that you hired for creativity in DD and get him back. Whoever person could think of a gun that shoots chicken eggs, or those wonderful pets needs to come back because it seems all creativity in level design, PETS, weapons, and almost everything else is just gone now.

Game economy: This part of the game is absolutely broken, money in this game is now incredibly sacred. It feels like you took the grind out of getting weapons pets and put it all into the money. why? This is a terrible idea and again no one would get mad if you just cut and pasted from DD to DD2 in this aspect

Skill Spheres: I really have no idea in the point of having these are. Is this your attempt at a character skill tree? If it is it sucks. If you wanna skill tree make it revolve around the character, for instance the mage: He is a glass cannon so give him glass cannon abilities, make him produce a burst of energy that incinerates enemies before death or something. Why are the spheres so much? Its not like I actually need them to beat a hard level(none of the levels are actually hard) We do not need skill spheres.

Matchmaking: Ehh, matchmaking can get some improvements, I keep dropping out or not returning with my party, incredibly frustrating if believe in not having to wait for your friend having to restart his computer just to join back

The game modes:  Why Is End mode and free play separated? They are basically the same mode just one is harder. either have End mode(Would make sense because it is the end) or just free play(End game is just like free play just harder)

Some of you think that I hate DD2 because I posted it but I don't I love it and I wish it success. I would not have made this mile long text if I didn't.

Come on people this is DD2, it should be more fun, more creative, more just plain silly, yet with a powerful storyline I wanna fall into and never come out of and when I do, I wanna be in tears when I do.

Please feel free to add something you would like to see/ removed/ updated/ improved upon/ ect, in the comments 

adding more

ALSO: Not sure if anyone else noticed the little kid prince is like in all of the missions. Why is he there? I'm hoping its an easter egg or something

DD2 Current State: Not close to original DD

Would tell you to play this game right now: No

Best Regards to all,

Tiger

Will add more soon, but as you must have guessed my hands hurts from the typing ;)

Shoutout to  Chesticles for making this readable.

I understand being tired but any chance you could break this into more paragraphs? Walls of text are hard to read.

Edit: Mkay, I've gone through it.

So for throwing my thoughts in: Maps - I'm not even entirely sure what it is but there is something less special feeling about the current ones. I think in part due to the previous game having you climb the castle so each map was a representation of a part of the castle, therefore having highly varying aesthetics that gave you a feeling of progression. What we have now is quite simply: Castle Town, Sewers, Mystic Mountain, Happy Land Castle (what?) and Forest.

On top of that, I dearly miss the boss battles, it felt you were being challenged along the way and honing your abilities for the final confrontation that ended the (initial) story. The fact that they had unique weak points that forced you to think about how to fight them in order to increase your damage output and ultimatums such as the Goblin mech pushing away all your defenses just added to the fun factor. Betsy just sits there as you attack her and occasionally leaves to attack the middle egg, something about it feels frustrating if anything. I kind of imagine it more like DD's Grand Dragon, that one was engaging, it only attacked your defenses and became vulnerable on your terms. Betsy's RNG of pissing off and becoming invulnerable just seems counter-intuitive for an entertaining boss. The lack of unique music just makes it bland to boot.

Weapons - I guess I don't know much when it comes to loot and such, but the lack of variety in weapons is really kinda lame. DD1s weapons varied wildly. You could find something that had good stats and it would shoot bouncing eggs, then turn around and pick up a flamethower. There was something wild and silly about it. I can see why the current system exists as this game is all about balance, however it's missing out a lot on the feeling of having a unique build.

Pets - I won't be happy until Demoness Summoner returns and can still use two pets Pets suck right now. There.

To add to that, they feel weak. Their damage is sub-par at all stages of the game (maybe it's better end-end-game, I don't know). Many pets are just outright worse than others. Their attack animations and effects are bad. Pet-rerolls costed a reasonable amount before having an extra 0 added to them. 8 hours of no input seems bizarre, perhaps the timer gets reduced based on your play as they're incubating? Pet Food is too rare, perhaps make it a 66% chance drop between the three pet items? Premium Pets are basically gambling, I tried getting a Legendary Evilwick. After a Mythic and two Powerful's I gave up because it's like, £2.50 a drop or something and once hatched, they're worth nothing. Grumpy gives no Hero stats, what was the point?

I'm sure I could think of more but I'm supposed to be working right now.

A lot of good points in that wall of text :) especially the pet stuff. DD2 pets is not even close to the awesomeness of DD1 pets.

I miss my monkey, donkey and seahorse - not to forget the robots, tigers, hawks ..... the list goes one. I still miss my seahorse named Coral :( he was a badass killing machine. Pets in DD1 had better animations and crazy sounds, i just loved when my seahorse went crazy :)

Please break up the text :)

Couldn't agree more with the original post. Especially in regards to pets. Holy mother of old ones do the pets here suck. They are stat sticks, nothing more. Make the pets do reasonable damage, I mean c'mon. My huge mega chicken in DD1 was amazing and could obliterate nightmare ogres while it threw eggs at them. Where's the FUN?

@Tristaris quote:

Couldn't agree more with the original post. Especially in regards to pets. Holy mother of old ones do the pets here suck. They are stat sticks, nothing more. Make the pets do reasonable damage, I mean c'mon. My huge mega chicken in DD1 was amazing and could obliterate nightmare ogres while it threw eggs at them. Where's the FUN?

Exactly ... DD1 had originality in spades. Crazy pets and crazy weapons. I've had tons of funny hours with friends in my tavern. Hours went by just testing all the weird weapons and pets. It's too sterile now.

Speaking of weapons ... where is my Depth Charge and chicken gun.

Pets, Loot, Maps, Hero Damage, Stat System and so much more are embarrassing in DD2.  It really shouldn't be called DD2 because this really doesn't feel like a squeal because everything that made DD1 an awesome game is missing here.  DD2 should be called Defending Dungeons because it feels like a poor wannabe knock-off of a hit that be DD1.  

I'm really worried that DD2 has gotten to the state that it's in as we're in Alpha now.  If i remember correctly, once Open Alpha hits, major systems are finalized, and that's just scary to me because I feel like the development is going awry.  Like many others said, maybe this DD2 is dumb-downed because it's F2P, so that's impacting the direction of things more than the input of the Defense Council and others who have supported this "sequel".  I rather have DD1 with improved graphics, a ton more maps, 6 players vs just 4, more customization (not builds with all these freaking passives on gears. spheres seem okay), pets, etc. and pay $30USD for it.  

I've got DD2 uninstalled right now and I'm really hoping that everything that the OP said ends up in the final release because that's the only way I'm going to install it again or recommend it to my friends whom I used to play DD1 with.... I hope to reinstall, I really do.

@Trueday2001 quote:

Pets, Loot, Maps, Hero Damage, Stat System and so much more are embarrassing in DD2.  It really shouldn't be called DD2 because this really doesn't feel like a squeal because everything that made DD1 an awesome game is missing here.  DD2 should be called Defending Dungeons because it feels like a poor wannabe knock-off of a hit that be DD1.  

I'm really worried that DD2 has gotten to the state that it's in as we're in Alpha now.  If i remember correctly, once Open Alpha hits, major systems are finalized, and that's just scary to me because I feel like the development is going awry.  Like many others said, maybe this DD2 is dumb-downed because it's F2P, so that's impacting the direction of things more than the input of the Defense Council and others who have supported this "sequel".  I rather have DD1 with improved graphics, a ton more maps, 6 players vs just 4, more customization (not builds with all these freaking passives on gears. spheres seem okay), pets, etc. and pay $30USD for it.  

I've got DD2 uninstalled right now and I'm really hoping that everything that the OP said ends up in the final release because that's the only way I'm going to install it again or recommend it to my friends whom I used to play DD1 with.... I hope to reinstall, I really do.

They should just scrap it and take the loss of money as a lesson. I agree Completely with your post, thank you.

you could also add the horrific build passives. i'd rather not have my frost tower be better at boosting than the boost aura, it makes no sense. do away with the passives and just make more towers for heroes...or more heroes

i call cystaline warrio!!

@batoutofhe11 quote:

you could also add the horrific build passives. i'd rather not have my frost tower be better at boosting than the boost aura, it makes no sense. do away with the passives and just make more towers for heroes...or more heroes

will add shortly

@tigerclaw44 quote:

Armor: Why when I get new a awesome looking helmet I can not see it on my character? I want my Squire to look like death ok, I want em to be the biggest scariest thing to make even ogres cower in fear. All of these pictures of armor and weapons look awesome, so why can I not see in look awesome on my characters? Fix this please, everyone would love it, and if they don't just add in  a setting to either "show armor currently on" or "Just show Default character".

This was in DDE. Maybe it was due to the heavily outdated aesthetics but it actually made your character look terrible. Although (at least for as long as I played it) there wasn't an option to turn it off so I guess there's that.

@Faysumi quote:
@tigerclaw44 quote:

Armor: Why when I get new a awesome looking helmet I can not see it on my character? I want my Squire to look like death ok, I want em to be the biggest scariest thing to make even ogres cower in fear. All of these pictures of armor and weapons look awesome, so why can I not see in look awesome on my characters? Fix this please, everyone would love it, and if they don't just add in  a setting to either "show armor currently on" or "Just show Default character".

This was in DDE. Maybe it was due to the heavily outdated aesthetics but it actually made your character look terrible. Although (at least for as long as I played it) there wasn't an option to turn it off so I guess there's that.

Yes, I would think they should at least add in the option. Maybe add real player specific armor, for each class. I doubt they will though because they have costumes. 

I agree with the majority of what you stated, In it's current state the game just feels like a poor man's clone of the first, and coming from the original developers that isn't a good sign.

I'll just quote what I said on another similar thread.

@VincentX3 quote:

Yep, I also understand where you're coming from. I don't have 70000^2 hours like some people do, just 85hrs which is still a lot of play time for a pre-alpha (now Alpha) game.

I'm pretty much only raising a mage now to lv50, for no other reason of not having much else to do but daily's (Which should be changed to 3 fresh daily's per day instead of 1) and the monthly which really doesn't interest me since pets.... admittedly are just plain awful in every way.

Sometimes I feel that the same people who made the first game aren't even the same people making this game, you think they would learn there lesson when they decided to release DDEternity and people disliked it, disliked it so much that they continued to patch the first game and are now letting the community patch the game (Or so I've been told they will do).

As I was saying It feels like the people who made the first, aren't the same who's making this one. Everything that made the first game popular pretty much got thrown out the window in favor of future-proofing "gems" and making the same design choices F2P mobile games have with waiting gates. (I want to know the design choice of having 8hr wait times on pet hatching, it's not like they help out that much to merit an 8hr wait)

I'm not sure what else to say, other than whatever made the first game fun and unique, just isn't here. This feels like an HD-uplift with micro-transactions on stuff that should admittedly be unlockables, or at least make it say we can unlock most of the unique skins and cosmetics via playing the game or choose to buy it with gems. (and I'm not talking about keys, since that in itself is another poor design choice of flooding loot tables with useless boxes that can only be unlocked via paying an absurd amount of gems, 250 for a single box is not okay)

It show's that most people either dislike the way the game is shaping or aren't willing to buy it the way it is now. Those 10k free copies pretty much shows the desperation of wanting people to actually play the game, since it got to an all new low of less than 1k players actually playing the game this week.

Again, not trying to be aggressive, I just feel that the design choices from the start to the now "Alpha" have been baffling to say the least, from the amount of tower nerfs to the removal of what again, made the first game fun, tower speed, now there's the gold price problem which again, who thought that raising the gold prices 10x the average price would solve things with no repercussions or consequences at all? It doesn't take a career in economics to figure that out.

I'll keep track of the game, and play it every once in a while, but I really cant recommended any of my friends this game in the state that it's currently in, and from the way it's headed that just might be the case for a long time since the beginning of development to Alpha, for every good design choice (Which I feel are few and between) there's been 2 bad ones.

I'm sure a lot of players with disagree with me, I'm not sure if any of the Dev's really take note of what people like me say even if they say they do, and that's fine.But in the end, or at least for the moment I'll stick to playing the first game, where even with 400hrs or so I still have alot to do and still hasn't gotten stale for me.

I think a lot of the issues with this game is trying to turn the kids from DD1 into teenagers in DD2 and make the game more "grown-up" feeling.  The problem is that they are missing on the many things that all defenders loved about DD1 in the process.  Teenagers still like to have fun, they just do it in different ways.

The first thing I noticed once I figured out that they were older teenagers / young adults.  Why did they start out in a bar?  I mean, it should have been like a small village with various shops around that you walked into.  Think "Diagon Alley" from Harry Potter.  Make it a sort of adventure when I walk into a shop.  

I totally agree with the shop owners have better stuff.  Turn the pet harvesting into a pet shop and just make it so that I have a good chance of getting a Legendary pet with good stats every once in a while, depending on my level and stuff like that.  Hatching Eggs is retarded to me.  Even on my best days of gaming, 8 hours is a LOOOOOOONG Time to play!  I don't get to play daily, so I don't get to hatch as often as others, but I should still have that opportunity to feel like I am getting some good pets.  But I pretty much get the same ones everytime and the stats aren't that great, regardless of what level I pick them up on.  For Example, I spent soooo much time farming Onslaught to get that Golden egg only to have it SUCK compared to 90% of the pets I already have.

Money, why does it feel like I am making 1960's money in a 2010 economy?  This is retarded!!! FIX IT!

Many other good ideas in OP's post, I read the whole, thing.  If you didn't, you should cause it says a lot about what is wrong/missing from DD2.  A lot of things could easily be put in and make the game 10x better.

@batoutofhe11 quote:

More Tower

Plz

for the love 

of DD

mehehehehe

@MalenkoMC quote:

I think a lot of the issues with this game is trying to turn the kids from DD1 into teenagers in DD2 and make the game more "grown-up" feeling.  The problem is that they are missing on the many things that all defenders loved about DD1 in the process.  Teenagers still like to have fun, they just do it in different ways.

The first thing I noticed once I figured out that they were older teenagers / young adults.  Why did they start out in a bar?  I mean, it should have been like a small village with various shops around that you walked into.  Think "Diagon Alley" from Harry Potter.  Make it a sort of adventure when I walk into a shop.  

I totally agree with the shop owners have better stuff.  Turn the pet harvesting into a pet shop and just make it so that I have a good chance of getting a Legendary pet with good stats every once in a while, depending on my level and stuff like that.  Hatching Eggs is retarded to me.  Even on my best days of gaming, 8 hours is a LOOOOOOONG Time to play!  I don't get to play daily, so I don't get to hatch as often as others, but I should still have that opportunity to feel like I am getting some good pets.  But I pretty much get the same ones everytime and the stats aren't that great, regardless of what level I pick them up on.  For Example, I spent soooo much time farming Onslaught to get that Golden egg only to have it SUCK compared to 90% of the pets I already have.

Money, why does it feel like I am making 1960's money in a 2010 economy?  This is retarded!!! FIX IT!

Many other good ideas in OP's post, I read the whole, thing.  If you didn't, you should cause it says a lot about what is wrong/missing from DD2.  A lot of things could easily be put in and make the game 10x better.

@VincentX3 quote:

I agree with the majority of what you stated, In it's current state the game just feels like a poor man's clone of the first, and coming from the original developers that isn't a good sign.

I'll just quote what I said on another similar thread.

@VincentX3 quote:

Yep, I also understand where you're coming from. I don't have 70000^2 hours like some people do, just 85hrs which is still a lot of play time for a pre-alpha (now Alpha) game.

I'm pretty much only raising a mage now to lv50, for no other reason of not having much else to do but daily's (Which should be changed to 3 fresh daily's per day instead of 1) and the monthly which really doesn't interest me since pets.... admittedly are just plain awful in every way.

Sometimes I feel that the same people who made the first game aren't even the same people making this game, you think they would learn there lesson when they decided to release DDEternity and people disliked it, disliked it so much that they continued to patch the first game and are now letting the community patch the game (Or so I've been told they will do).

As I was saying It feels like the people who made the first, aren't the same who's making this one. Everything that made the first game popular pretty much got thrown out the window in favor of future-proofing "gems" and making the same design choices F2P mobile games have with waiting gates. (I want to know the design choice of having 8hr wait times on pet hatching, it's not like they help out that much to merit an 8hr wait)

I'm not sure what else to say, other than whatever made the first game fun and unique, just isn't here. This feels like an HD-uplift with micro-transactions on stuff that should admittedly be unlockables, or at least make it say we can unlock most of the unique skins and cosmetics via playing the game or choose to buy it with gems. (and I'm not talking about keys, since that in itself is another poor design choice of flooding loot tables with useless boxes that can only be unlocked via paying an absurd amount of gems, 250 for a single box is not okay)

It show's that most people either dislike the way the game is shaping or aren't willing to buy it the way it is now. Those 10k free copies pretty much shows the desperation of wanting people to actually play the game, since it got to an all new low of less than 1k players actually playing the game this week.

Again, not trying to be aggressive, I just feel that the design choices from the start to the now "Alpha" have been baffling to say the least, from the amount of tower nerfs to the removal of what again, made the first game fun, tower speed, now there's the gold price problem which again, who thought that raising the gold prices 10x the average price would solve things with no repercussions or consequences at all? It doesn't take a career in economics to figure that out.

I'll keep track of the game, and play it every once in a while, but I really cant recommended any of my friends this game in the state that it's currently in, and from the way it's headed that just might be the case for a long time since the beginning of development to Alpha, for every good design choice (Which I feel are few and between) there's been 2 bad ones.

I'm sure a lot of players with disagree with me, I'm not sure if any of the Dev's really take note of what people like me say even if they say they do, and that's fine.But in the end, or at least for the moment I'll stick to playing the first game, where even with 400hrs or so I still have alot to do and still hasn't gotten stale for me.

Thank you for your reply Vincent!

Yes, exactly Malenko not everyone can play every day so this 8HR thing is a big limitation. That is just what the money system feels like. Thank you for your reply. also do you mind if I add that into the post, the money part?

It's no problem. The developers need to know what's wrong to improve what is now a fundamentally flawed game design.

An example would be the soon to be patched in inventory sorting.

Right now we have the Scavenger, even though we had a perfectly fine working system (Temp-bag) that would collect the items and place them into the inventory.

Then we got the Scavenger NPC, something that wasn't needed at the moment and that most players will miss outright since he's located in a dark corner of the bar (I was actively trying to find him for a good 5mins, it really should be more obvious)
Now what does the Scavenger do? It grab's item that ONLY drop outside the world or when your inventory is full, but it wont auto-collect the items that are currently on the ground (Something that the temp-bag did when the match was over)

Now where getting Auto-sorting\Collect, which is a step in the right direction, but it begs the question...
If you we're going to add Auto-sorting\collecting a single week later after the Scavenger, then what was the purpose of the Scavenger in the first place? Since now everything will be auto-collected and we wont need a Scavenger at all.

A wise development team would have seen this flaw, and would have allocated time\resources on working the mechanics behind Auto-sorting\Collecting so it would been in the game sooner and leaving the temp-bag as it was.

What I'm trying to say with all this is, it feels like the entire development team is more-less separated, everyone is doing their own thing instead of actively deciding things in group, this in return causes mismanagement and negativity in the game.

An example of this would be the gold pricing on things currently. Did not a single person in the development team see this change beforehand and think "Maybe this isn't such a good idea, If we raise the prices on item's we should reconfigure how much gold is earned in selling items and between rounds"

Again, I could be totally wrong,  since I'm not a developer and no one but them truly knows what's going on behind the scenes. But If I had to compare this game, I would say this game is what Devil May Cry 2 to the first Devil May Cry, the team took everything that made the game great out of the first one and in return the second one flopped hard.  (Those who played the game will understand what I mean)

I could probably make my own thread of what's right and wrong in the game in detail, I might just do so in the future if anyone is interested in hearing another opinion. Sorry for the long post, again not trying to be aggressive but giving honest feedback on the current state of the game.

Great post!

I read through it and formatted it for you. 

I also skimmed through and tried to correct any other errors for clarity.

You did seem to repeat yourself on a couple issues, but other than that, it was very well written :D

Here's the formatted post:

I want begin saying that I am a huge fan of DD. It is the only game I have ever played on the ps3 (Got all the achievements). It had that awesome tower defence/hack and slash/RPG/Awesomeness/Mystery/Variety, Great Maps, Great Weapons, loot system, Great hub, Great Matchmaking (I feel it's better than DD2 match making, even though DD2 is still only in Alpha), Great Pets (WAY better pets and pet system), Pretty good Variety of enemies (DLC was great in this aspect along with others), Great Tavern Keeper (Really liked how after every battle, he would have a different stock of possibly your new pet or armor or weapon), along with a bunch of other things that I will try to get to in this post. DD2 is far from DD in a lot of ways, I will be sharing how and what can be done to make DD2 comparable to DD. Right now DD2 is nothing but a empty sad shadow compared to DD, which is sad because DD is almost 5. Let's begin:

LEVEL DESIGN

Can we please have some diversity other than the same ol "cover your lane so we can get our loot"? How about, keep an eye on that gaping whole that sometimes spawns an ogre to completely ruin your day. Can we get a little spontaneous with how the monsters pop out of their magic black abyss?? I would love to see some flying kobolds come at me in a V form and just wreck me beyond belief, would no one else? Lets get creative in this come on, I want challenge not the same stuff over and over again.

Maps: Lets start with the maps of DD. DD had fun and diverse maps, with new areas and cool places I actually wanted to play in. DD2 seems way dumbed down in this aspect, It feels like I am playing in the same area throughout the entire game(I know I am mainly at the castle but I at least wanna see a little diversity). To me the only areas that felt a bit like they were unique was near the end in the big tree, and the very end with the poorly designed wanna be boss battle, What does this Betsy have to do with the shards? I know it is unfinished but this part ( I think) needs to be taken out if you wanna go for a story line that actually makes sense. 

Map Ideas: I want floating magical stuff. I want lava, I miss falling into it, and the glow and awesomeness of it. I want bigger harder maps. Close corner maps. I Want better Physics. I want BETTER maps, if you don't know what a better map looks like, please take a look at the DD DLC's.

Thing to make Maps and Story Better: Take us to places ok, take us to the desert or wasteland or underwater city. I know that all that was added to DD in DLC, but shouldn't be added like that in DD2.  We should see new awesome areas with their own unique creatures that live there.

Things not in DD2: Were re my flying rugs or Teleport crystals or LAVA???? What is with these huge crevices we are in, I don't want to feel like a trapped dog I wanna breath and be free. Shouldn't after all this time of waiting we should see an improvement on the maps? Shouldn't we go hunt down these guys who are trying to free the old ones and give em the beat down?

Enemy Improvements: I think if you are going to introduce new monsters and enemies you should show were they come from. For instance, that crystal monster thing that digs into the ground(Don't know the name because I don't care for it) Should of had a level were you are deep underground and you see the huge crystals everywhere. a hero try's to break a  piece  off and all of a sudden the ground starts to rumble and the entire cave comes alive.

New Enemies: We need far more and better enemies. the ones in DD2 are a joke ok. I do not know what any of the enemies are called because you don't need to. In DD you needed to because that Ninja was coming at you from behind while you were watching your lane and if it kills you would loose the entire match. You needed to know the names to call out to your fellow defenders to look behind you, or you will get hammered.

Boss: I Want awesome bosses, not betsy. I Want a boss that When I see  it i'm like "Nope not ready, i'm so gonna get destroyed there is no chance I can even scathe that Beast' Not this " Oh a giant wyvern, wonder what type of Fire staff I'm gonna get" . If i'm facing the the QUEEN of the wyverns, I actually wanna see some awesome stuff. not this "Besty summons wyverns, oh no" I wanna see it "Betsy is gonna tear you to pieces in 5 seconds if you don't get out of the way' then a " Told ya so, try again next time, not that you'll survive -insert evil laugh you will always remember for your first Big Boss death-. This level was incredibly disappointing along with most of the games level design.

New Better Final Boss: We all remember that final boss in DD. Your at the top of the castle, in the dark stormy night. all you see is this giant shadow And glowing red eyes. Then the lightning flashes and you see the giant beast of  dragon. That boss could et betsy in one bite. Betsy is not a boss, its a slap in the face. What does betsy have to do with anything? If anything we should try talking to it being it is a magical place and see maybe if it will fight for us.  We need bigger, awesome, bosses that make you crap you pants and cry when you loose.

Ingame voice: I want whoever has the best cool voice in this game. I want em to laugh when you loose. I want em to congratulate you when you win. I Went someone I hate, and someone I love.

Lane and Map Improvements: I want moving levels, I want changing lanes, I want little crevices were little things can come out and ruin your day. I WANT FIRE TO RAIN FROM THE SKY AS I KILL A COOL BOSS(sorry). I want parts of the map to crumble and fall or rise from a magic enemy. The levels are incredibly boring, no fun at all.

LOOT SYSTEM AND WEAPONS

Now, lets move on to the weapons and loot system. When I first heard that they were doing Mystics and Legendries I got really excited because I love RPG's and this is one of my favorite parts of an RPG.  Here the "Mystics and Legendries" are nothing close to what I would expect with something with that title, is it to you? NO, it isn't. When you get a legendary Or any piece of gear that is supposed to be just amazing and unique, it should be that and more. it Should NOT look like a epic or a mythic it should have a defining look and name and Description like "Legend Says this staff was made from an ancient volcano bathed in the blood of a million orcs" Doesn't that just scream " I HAVE THE POWER OF THE OLD ONES, I SMITE THY FO''. It should have lava coursing through it and maybe even spit some out at enemies.

Weapons: They need something. I have no clue what the first piece of legendary gear I got was, because first off, no NAME, no defining features, and no awesomeness at all. I know DD didn't have legendries but the weapons their sure did have a lot more definition and awesomeness than the ones here do, a lot more. How about that Shia from DD that shot green balls of awesomeness and totally wrecked? Or that thing that spits fire onto the group that burns enemies? These are but a few of the weapons for just the Huntress. Can you tell me what you have for your huntress on DD2? "oh, um its a bow, it shoots these wood arrows that some how do more damage than a steal sword to the face.

The Grind: I have gotten a ton of legendries on DD2 as if they are handing them out like free candy to 5 year old. I wanna sit for hours and grind for my legendary and when I do get it I praise God( if I don't then I probably shoot myself in the foot till I don't have any more foot to shoot, then try again). I don't want my legendary to drop from some simple goblin, and if it does I want to it have some relevance to one with a description of how this goblins best friend goblin made this ugly blade for him and said he would never die (Real lucky. this sword is huh). I want my legendary to drop from a worth foe, not some unremarkable goblin that I kill in the droves. We need better, awesomeer, more meaningful, Way more defining, cooler weapons and a way better loot system. 'Nuf Said'.

Armor: Why when I get new a awesome looking helmet I can not see it on my character? I want my Squire to look like death ok, I want em to be the biggest scariest thing to make even ogres cower in fear. All of these pictures of armor and weapons look awesome, so why can I not see in look awesome on my characters? Fix this please, everyone would love it, and if they don't just add in  a setting to either "show armor currently on" or "Just show Default character".

Definition: People should know what you have on and what weapon you have. They should be able to say "Wow he must have had to go through droves and droves of enemies for hours, days, weeks, to look that awesome. Oh he has the legendary set of the Ancient Defenders? Wow He is a legend.

Titles for armor sets and weapons: We  should get Armor sets. We should get a title for completing our first set and completing an actual legendary set. I want awesome titles for my weapons and armor ok.

HUB/TAVERN

Now I wanna talk about this dreadful hub. DD had a great hub no matter how small, you could place your awesome loot on tables and showcase it, you could get awesomeness (sometimes) from the tavern keeper, you had a secret room ( I LOVE my secret room), and that's pretty much it. This hub is well ehh. it doesn't feel alive and full of life like the other did. The Characters in the hub I could really care less if an ogre ate them all.

Customizable Crystal: I Do like the new varieties of things you get to defend, but I want my awesome customizable crystal back. I thought that thing was so cool, change it to glowing red and different shapes. Now you put the crystal that is supposed to be holding beings that are incredibly powerful in this little cart, that's always broken? Why are they so small to, what is up did the big cool ones all get destroyed? Well if they did tell me how and why it happened ok.

NPC Characters: Why do we now have a tailor, armorer, Pirate, and relic hunter who all seem to be brain dead boring? I would much rather have my good ol' pal the tavern keeper and his awesome stuff and charm than these NPC's.

Secret Room: In DD When I found out their was a secret room I just knew I had to get in there, just be their. Acquiring the secret room on DD showed how much of an awesome defender you were, what you had to go through to get to it.

Trophy Wall: Would no one else want one of these for their achievements? Oh I slayed a thousand special enemies(Not special at all) what do I get? Some gold, yup their ya go. I want A big trophy with fireworks shooting from the top, not gold.

Magic Mirror: Ok I think this would be way better than a boring old tailor. How about a magic mirror you stand in front and while you cycle through your new costumes it could say things like "Glad im not wearing that' or "The Hero's anemies shall cower in fear by the sight of that magnificent cape". Something to make me either punch the mirror, or sly thy enemies.

Confetti: After every battle I win, when  I come back to my tavern I want the trumpets trumpeting and the confetti spouting. I wanna feel like I just did something awesome, something worth while. If I lose I want this sad piano to start piano-ing in a funny joke saying how much of a loser you are since you lost with that classic drum beat to top it off.

Tavern Keeper: What did you do to my tavern keeper???? I want the guy from DD, not a bug support robot thing, how dare you disgrace that awesome dude. I want the guy who would talk to me after every battle an either make me feel powerful, or lousy. You better bring back the tavern keeper we all know and love.

War Table: I Actually like the table, but make it better. Have like mini dragons flying around and soldiers cowardly defending something with an ogre swinging his giant club at em. Something to make it feel alive. At least make it spin like the crystal did to make it feel a little alive.

Soldiers Bunk House Room: What is this? When I first saw that little space through the doorway I got really excited and said " finally something cool", but alas it is not cool. Boring and dull just like the rest of the tavern.

Armor racks: I want something were I can showcase my sweet armor and weapons. There is no room in my inventory for all this crap ok.

PETS 

What.... Did... you..... do...... Pets were one of my favorite parts of DD. I loved all of my DD pets, all of them even the crappy one. Here.... Here its like, why do I care about this pokemon?( if you haven't noticed the pets look like something from pokemon) These are the WORST pets i have ever seen. . This is probably the BIGGEST let down for me with DD2.

8HR Timer: Feels like a slap in the face, and Have you seen this new 8HR timer? What is it and why is it there? Please burn it and never ever think of that again EVER. Why, just why? How about instead of giving us 15 eggs per game you make it a little more harder and convenient(it didn't take 8hrs to get a pet on DD) and make them super rare and actually as good as you say they are? PLEASE GET RID OF THE STUPID TIMER AND MAKE THESE PETS BETTER AND COOLER AND THINK OF A DIFFERENT WAY TO GET THEM! I would not mind at all if you just cut and pasted the same pet system(and loot system) from DD to DD2, it would be a major improvement and NO ONE would care, they would love it. 

Pet Variety: Pet variety is absolute garbage ok.  their is literally THREE Choices of pets, Dragon, Creeper, and what I don't even know a cat? DD Had death robots, Chinese dragons, chicklets, Monkeys, Sea horses, and alot more. Why? Why would you do this?

Pet Abilities: In DD my Death Robot Shot death lasers from his eyes and kicked serious butt. What do I get now? Brain dead Pokémon that do nothing and no animation for attacks and no special animation for anything. I want to see my dragon actually do some dragon stuff ok, I want it to open its mouth and just spit fire balls ok. 

Pet Looks: Pet looks have absolutely no thought or coolness about the. Again you took these basic pokemon and shoved em into DD2. I am not proud nor satisfied with any of my pets and how they look.

Pet Interaction: How about when we are in the tavern we can choose either the pet can stay in its nest or if he can fly with you. If he can stay in the nest then let me pet it and feed it and stuff. If it gets mad then it could shoot something at you.

Pet Attacks: Garbage, that's all I have to say and really everything about the pets in DD2 are complete garbage.

TOWERS

Ok so you have improved on this part only a little. The new mage and monk towers look totally awesome, those are great need improvement but great.

Squire Towers: What happened to my cannonball tower I loved? Were the balls just popped out and bounced all over the place? That was the coolest/funniest thing ever and we want it back. Why does my squire have a traing dummy? What happened to my spiny blade of death tower? I Want it back or something better than a stupid dummie.

Huntress Towers: Ok some of the traps are the same and others are copy and paste. I wanna see the huntress stick  traps on the walls and ceilings now. I wanna see trip wires and you know cool stuff like that. The water thing tower in DD2 is garbage, I have no idea the purpose or the reason why it is there.

Monk Towers: New monk auras look awesome, they actually make a bit of sense. That AA tower is incredible and also OP.

Mage Towers: These all look pretty cool, good animations and all, would like some more improvements on diversity though.

Broken Towers: Ok, so you will be playing and all of a sudden a crystal is under attack. Hm, you wonder, you didn't see that one of your tower or blockade had been destroyed. You on over their to quickly realize that you blockade simply fell asleep and stopped doing its job. Please fix this.

Towers to OP: To me it seems the Towers are just to OP. All you have to do is set up your defense, and just sit and let em do the work. Maybe you have to run help kill the ogre, but you don't really need to do much else. I Think the enemies should be harder for how OP the Towers are, to were you actually have to defend a lane and if you don't you loose.  

Tower Passive: Don't work or make sense. Would like to see more Towers instead

HEROES

Need More: We need more heroes with different skills and abilities.    

BROKEN GAME MECHANICS 

I wanna know were that 5 year old kid that you hired for creativity in DD and get him back. Whoever person could think of a gun that shoots chicken eggs, or those wonderful pets needs to come back because it seems all creativity in level design, PETS, weapons, and almost everything else is just gone now.

Fun: The fun Mechanic is broken please fix, PLEASE.

Game economy: This part of the game is absolutely broken, money in this game is now incredibly sacred. It feels like you took the grind out of getting weapons pets and put it all into the money. why? This is a terrible idea and again no one would get mad if you just cut and pasted from DD to DD2 in this aspect

Skill Spheres: I really have no idea in the point of having these are. Is this your attempt at a character skill tree? If it is it sucks. If you wanna skill tree make it revolve around the character, for instance the mage: He is a glass cannon so give him glass cannon abilities, make him produce a burst of energy that incinerates enemies before death or something. Why are the spheres so much? Its not like I actually need them to beat a hard level(none of the levels are actually hard) We do not need skill spheres.

Matchmaking: Ehh, matchmaking can get some improvements, I keep dropping out or not returning with my party, incredibly frustrating if believe in not having to wait for your friend having to restart his computer just to join back

DUNGEON DEFENDERS 2 STORY SUGGESTION

Ok, so this new enemy is trying to free the old one. We fight and fight and they take the castle. All hope is lost, what do we do? (The king got out with the crystals in a secret passage way, so the old ones are still contained) All of a sudden as the heroes are on their last leg fighting, Betsy, the queen of the wyverns comes in and swoops them up and saves them. She takes you back to here place which is an extremely ancient and defensible tree. We land in her domain and ask her why she saved us. in turn she says "I must protect my babies and if the old ones are freed then all hope is lost".

So after that you look around at your new tavern and see someone. Its the ol' Tavern Keeper!!!!! You run over and ask how he made it out and he replies "luck"(Later on we realize that the tavern keeper is an ancient defender, warn from time and donuts. Now, the 4 heroes that saved Etheira, must save it again, for if they do not we shall all perish. END FOR NOW/ Should the heroes try to raise an army of the very things they fight? King of the giants?? Spider Queen?? I would love to see betsy swoop in on the last mission with a real boss. She starts attacking the boss and then the giant(No idea yet) Catches her in its mouth and throws her as if a baseball. Now all of you, The king of orges, spider queen, all of these things you thought to be evil, but only misguided. END

Any good?

Come on people this is DD2, it should be more fun, more creative, more just plain silly, yet with a powerful storyline I wanna fall into and never come out of and when I do, I wanna be in tears when I do.

Please feel free to add something you would like to see/ removed/ updated/ improved upon/ ect, in the comments 

adding more

ALSO: Not sure if anyone else noticed the little kid prince is like in all of the missions. Why is he there? I'm hoping its an easter egg or something

DD2 Current State: Not close to original DD

Would tell you to play this game right now: No

Best Regards to all,

Tiger

Will add more soon, but as you must have guessed my hands hurts from the typing ;)

@tigerclaw44 quote:

*WALL OF TEXT REMOVED*

Thank you for your reply Vincent!

Yes, exactly Malenko not everyone can play every day so this 8HR thing is a big limitation. That is just what the money system feels like. Thank you for your reply. also do you mind if I add that into the post, the money part?

Yes, that is fine, add whatever you need to, I'm not attached to any ideas.