Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

Just some theraputic thoughts

First, I'd like to start by saying, no one needs to respond to this, im not seeking help or a response or anything. Do with this thread as you will, im pretty much 90% writing this for theraputic reasons as a desperate attempt to somehow, somehow, feel even remotely better about this game. With that said ...

I feel done, just outright done. I paid the 100$ package for this, purely to support to Trendy, purely to support them, cause I have loved their games, loved them to death, loved the people, who seem to really care about their players and try for their players. But now? I find myself thinking "Wtf is wrong with you Trendy?" Ive been watching DD2 progress from the day it came out, silently, ive been watching(as you could tell from my small post count) and im just seeing some of the most (for lack of better word) retarded moves, I've ever seen.

You guys constantly seem to, to quote How I Met Your Mother, Over Correct, everything. The geyser LA thing was op, sure, and you coulda fixed it easy, so easy. What do you do? Not only do you remove tower speed entirely from the damn game, but you also add in monster affixes, so monsters can be faster, tougher, regenerate, hit harder, resist CC. Over Correction.

When people start to exploit glitches and make the hardest maps look like cake walks? You guys nerf the hell out of our towers and makes mobs so damn impossible that no one, no one, but the most hardcore, no life of players can get anywhere in endgame.

When people at endgame have too much gold, what do you do? Make everything cost 100x more so no one can ever afford anything. It's endgame you dumbasses, people are SUPPOSE to have craptons of gold cause at true endgame, there is nothing left to spend it on!!! At end game, you already have your spheres, you already have your ideal pets, you already have your ideal gear with max upgrade, so duh! of course if you keep playing the game after that, you WILL have lots of gold, it just happens.

All you worthless devs at Trendy ever do is Over Correct everything instead of sitting down, and thinking. Ya know, thinking, that thing you do with your brain that makes results happen. Stop focusing on Endgame. Stop focusing on Early game. Think of the whole game. When players exploit something, dont completely wreck the whoel damn thing. Like this current issue of everyone spamming mines with half a dozen frosties to buff the mines to make crap easier. DONT DO ANYTHING DRASTIC! Do NOT nerf the mines to have crap ass damage. Do NOT nerf the frosties to only fire once every 30 seconds. Do NOT do some other unrealistic dumbass change to completely wreck the playstyle entirely.

What you CAN DO, is make it so the frosty buff doesnt stack, so mines and whatever else in the frosty chill area can only benefit from the buffs of ONE frosty chill area at a time, just like you did with Boost Auras, things only benefit from ONE boost aura at a time.

And for the love of god, nerf the gold cost, and nerf NM, cause seriously, no one wants to go through doing the same lame ass map 4 hundred million times over, just to get from NM2 to higher end of NM2, and again at higher end of NM2 to get to NM3, it's just, retarded, truly. It truly ruins my self esteem, mood, and will to even like you guys anymore that i cant even get past NM2 cause the only damn map i can do, is The Gates of Dragonfall, i cant even do NM1 incursion cause everything is so freaking cheap in there, all those hellishly strong flying kobolds and thousands of mobs making it impossible to repair anything in time, let alone one damn person able to keep up repairs.

Oh and another thing, I actually played with someone else, thought the extra repair hand would be helpful. But you know what I found out? You actually make the mobs harder the more players there is? This, is truly, the work of mentally handicapped people. It's a tower defense game, TOWER DEFENSE. Just because we have 1 more damn person in our game doesnt mean our towers or tactics or even number of placed defenses are any better, no, out defenses stay the exact same as always. Yet the mobs, get more health, more numbers, even more DAMAGE, just because there is 1 other damn person in the stupid map. What the hell is wrong with you? seriously, I'm honestly asking you, Trendy Team. What the hell is wrong with you? In what universe is this kind of mechanic justified? I mean sure, cool, more heros can do more dmg, but come on, honestly, all heros have to be focused on tower defense to get anywhere cause lets face it, a hero trying to hold back hundreds of mobs, is literally impossible and doesnt get anywhere. "Oh but the heros can CC the mobs and keep them busy" you might reply with. And I say bs, and you know why? Because you idiots included the mob bonuses, like almost complete immunity to CC, I.E. Tenacious mobs. Not to mention the Grounded mobs which render half the heroes CC moves (tornado, pole smash, chi blast) completely useless.

Well, I think this helped, I am feelign a lil better so what do you know! Theraputic writing does help this lil ferret.

Meh, don't feel so bad.  I bought the full package too (albeit only upgraded when it was on sale quite some time ago) purely to support trendy since I was never interested in skins/extraxp/whatever else pay2win stuff from games ever. 

It's shaping out a little strangely and often I think about the thought processes that must have occurred behind some changes/ideas and I get upset same as you.

But as much as they've changed the game between loot&survive and alpha they'll change it that much with the next big patch as well.  So, at worse they're rolling dice around and I'm betting the next roll has to be, at least, better than this one

Basically, chin up bro - we'll all get through this

I just wish they would think about what they are doing. Everything they seem to do is a drastic Over Correction which just makes the game miserable.

I cant even enjoy the game or get the monthly quest done for that collectible pet. Cause Im really not gonna sit through freeplay just for a map i can actually do just for pet affection levels. If im going to be earning pet affection levels, i wanna be doing something that will help me advance, but I cant advance, i cant do anything but NM1 endgame, i cant even do NM1 Incursion anymore apparently and i can only do the one map on NM2, which ive already done a dozen times and ive yet to get any kind of gear that could remotely help make this easier, at all. I cant even bring my bf into the game with me cause if I do, the mobs get so freakishly more powerful that my defenses become worthless x.x

So my luck, by the time Trendy makes this game actually worth a damn, I'll already miss a lot of nice collectibles. And yeah i know, odds are, there IS another wipe in the future, but i cant help it, I love to get those lil things even if just collectibles.

I feel your pain and I'm truly sorry you had to reach your breaking point :( Often at times, I feel the exact same way since I really love the fun and enjoyment this game has brought me throughout the generations they have released up to the current game we're all playing today.

In hindsight, I personally have stopped treating this game as a finished product since (I can't speak for everyone) I've felt that playing this game before release has caused an expectation of a finished game. I know it might sound delusional and that's what got me to reflect on my emotions and to observe what was truly occurring any time  anger or frustration crept up on me.

Unfortunately for myself, I've had to learn how to numb myself from the pain and torture of playing the game to complete such menial tasks like Dailies and Monthlies, it's the price I've had to pay, if I want all these nice little toys and things sadly :(

I also keep reminding myself that we are only human and need to remind myself that I have to keep forgiving the Developers and Staff, behind the game I truly love, that they are doing everything humanly possible to make this game work. Therefore, the lesson here for me has been Patience and Understanding that Trendy has my best interests in mind and that over time, this game will either resonate with me or it will be one of those times I will have to queue up Sad Music and slowly walk away ...

I really tried to hold back and not reply to this thread as I empathize what you're going through and often at times, time is the only healer when it comes to closing an open wound. My intent was merely to let you know that you're not alone and I'm sure we are not alone as many more are feeling the same pain.

Thank you for sharing some vulnerable moments and feelings, I hope time and more patches will help you feel better about the game.

Cheers!

I've certainly come at this game with the intent that it is pre-alpha, and now alpha and wipes are very likely to happen, as well as bugs, which, we all know, both have already happened lol

I know the game has a lot of development to go still, but i cant help but now, for once, be worried about how the game is going to end up after seeing how the devs generally react to everything that happens in the game. Which is, as one of my favorite Tv shows, How I met Your Mother, puts it, Over Correction. I mean, I could understand over correcting a few things at first, i mean, some things were pretty drastic things, like that old standing on defense to give it power bug that everyone exploited, that was a reasonable over correction, remove the "stand on defense" buff. But this other stuff, just ... geez. I do not wanna see this game, which at first started out as potentially a far cry better game than any of the previous Dungeon Defenders for me, turn out to be some disaster simply because the devs keep over reacting to every lil thing.

Thank you though Nuzo, it has given me some closure to know im defo not the only player out there who feels the same. ♥

While your post was in a aggressive & kinda rude tone I none the less agree with it and feel that trendy needs to learn from their mistakes & stop making knee jerk decisions often out of nowhere. I say they need to learn to stop doing such things because people tend not to like it and will leave & a lower player count = less income.

A example of such a action would be with the new economy change which effected how most things cost. I remember one of the devs saying this was them trying to balance it, personally I don't see how suddenly tripling the cost of most things can be consider as a attempt to balance things. 

This would be like trying to fine tune the volume of your surround sound & instead of slowly increasing it until it reaches the perfect level you instead decide to blast it as high as you can possibly breaking your speakers.

With all that said this is alpha & often a quick way to test something is by drastically changing it and until they have a general idea of where everything should be I can't be surprised by such actions, only afterwards can they go about fine tuning everything till it's golden. Sadly this isn't the greatest for players & trendy will need to flip the switch from developing a simi active game to a active game regardless of whether or not it's finished or still in development, just one of the many side effects of developing a early access game.

yeah, that probably the reason for the 10,000 free game copies. the weeks before they were seeing a steady decrease in players till they hit about 1000 people. which given how much of a fan base DD1 had and the sheer amount of people who could play is a pretty insignificant number. 

@topler quote:

While your post was in a aggressive & kinda rude tone I none the less agree with it and feel that trendy needs to learn from their mistakes & stop making knee jerk decisions often out of nowhere. I say they need to learn to stop doing such things because people tend not to like it and will leave & a lower player count = less income.

Yep, I also understand where you're coming from. I don't have 70000^2 hours like some people do, just 85hrs which is still a lot of play time for a pre-alpha (now Alpha) game.

I'm pretty much only raising a mage now to lv50, for no other reason of not having much else to do but daily's (Which should be changed to 3 fresh daily's per day instead of 1) and the monthly which really doesn't interest me since pets.... admittedly are just plain awful in every way.

Sometimes I feel that the same people who made the first game aren't even the same people making this game, you think they would learn there lesson when they decided to release DDEternity and people disliked it, disliked it so much that they continued to patch the first game and are now letting the community patch the game (Or so I've been told they will do).

As I was saying It feels like the people who made the first, aren't the same who's making this one. Everything that made the first game popular pretty much got thrown out the window in favor of future-proofing "gems" and making the same design choices F2P mobile games have with waiting gates. (I want to know the design choice of having 8hr wait times on pet hatching, it's not like they help out that much to merit an 8hr wait)

I'm not sure what else to say, other than whatever made the first game fun and unique, just isn't here. This feels like an HD-uplift with micro-transactions on stuff that should admittedly be unlockables, or at least make it say we can unlock most of the unique skins and cosmetics via playing the game or choose to buy it with gems. (and I'm not talking about keys, since that in itself is another poor design choice of flooding loot tables with useless boxes that can only be unlocked via paying an absurd amount of gems, 250 for a single box is not okay)

It show's that most people either dislike the way the game is shaping or aren't willing to buy it the way it is now. Those 10k free copies pretty much shows the desperation of wanting people to actually play the game, since it got to an all new low of less than 1k players actually playing the game this week.

Again, not trying to be aggressive, I just feel that the design choices from the start to the now "Alpha" have been baffling to say the least, from the amount of tower nerfs to the removal of what again, made the first game fun, tower speed, now there's the gold price problem which again, who thought that raising the gold prices 10x the average price would solve things with no repercussions or consequences at all? It doesn't take a career in economics to figure that out.

I'll keep track of the game, and play it every once in a while, but I really cant recommended any of my friends this game in the state that it's currently in, and from the way it's headed that just might be the case for a long time since the beginning of development to Alpha, for every good design choice (Which I feel are few and between) there's been 2 bad ones.

I'm sure a lot of players with disagree with me, I'm not sure if any of the Dev's really take note of what people like me say even if they say they do, and that's fine.But in the end, or at least for the moment I'll stick to playing the first game, where even with 400hrs or so I still have alot to do and still hasn't gotten stale for me.

Well, this is certainly a candid op! While I'm sure Isom will warn you at least for the direct insults it is interesting how most comments support your frustration and criticism. Fact is this game is still in development and they need to hear what people are finding as their quitting trigger. For me it's going to be the hero deck for sure. 

I haven't posted anything this aggressive but could easily based on my feelings about the hero deck inclusion. I hate it personally and think it's crazy from a business standpoint as I have no reason to level more than 4 characters and thus no cause to spend money on more bags/skins. Bizarre. And what's worse is I never see any TE response to this thing. No explaination as to why it's still there even though the matchmaking system changed making it useless in a strategic sense....sorry here I go lol

At any rate, here's to the hope of a great final release!

and even then, the game has been in developement for well over 2 years, possibly 3 by now. so this type of issue should really have been worked out already. trendy has had loads of time to address them. 

@Satori quote:

Well, this is certainly a candid op! While I'm sure Isom will warn you at least for the direct insults it is interesting how most comments support your frustration and criticism. Fact is this game is still in development and they need to hear what people are finding as their quitting trigger. For me it's going to be the hero deck for sure. 

Believe it or not, i really had no intent of insulting them in the OP. Granted i was in a state of mind where i felt hopeless, worthless, cheated, betrayed, and i felt just outright astounded by the choices they were making, which lead me to use harsh terms and words, but i had no intent of insulting. It would have been nice if it got the message through to them that they need to approach their decisions epicly more carefully, but the main reason behind it, as the title says, was theraputic, cause i just felt aweful and thought maybe some writing of my thoughts would help, and it did.

But yeah, Trendy defo needs to change how they do things. When this game first showed up for me, it was awesome. I mean truly, awesome, just amazing. Granted it had bugs and bad curves, but it made DD1 and DDE look lame to me by comparison, even though it didnt have the alt gender chars which i badly crave and desire lol

But now it's like .. yeah, I know this is prealpha/alpha and you guys need to see what this or that will do, but this is just outright astounding the choices and severity you've gone to. So badly I'm just scared for this games future. It was suppose to be an awesome turn out to blow the other 2 out of the water, but with these "Over Corrections" that keep happening, i feel like im going to see one of my most beloved games, just bomb, and bomb HARD :(

Yeah, I understand where your coming from. When something is close to achieving greatness, and we feel invested in it, the ebb and flow is sometimes difficult to stomach. If the game was a complete disaster it might be easier for some because they could write it off and then process their disappointment with closure. 

Early Access doesn't have the same sense of finality that complete game releases do. Think back 10+ years to a time when a game released on disc/catridge and that was that: love it or hate it. Now-a-days games can go from OK to great to epic fail and back again. Despite the incredible initial sales, Diablo 3 had serious first year issues. Now, it is a fantastic game well oiled and rich with content.

If we aren't personally skilled at going for the ride it is in our interest to choose more emotionally supportive gaming contexts. For now, I am going to continue to contribute my thoughts and reserve final judgement for a later date - possibly full launch or ever 3-6 months post to see how TE responds to launch feedback. 

I agree with the hero thing..

Its stupid 

This is supposed to be a co-up team game

but with the extra nightmare difficulty

added 

I havent played with other players in quite a while..

Yes, OP was kinda rude but was he wrong? not really. there are things i would disagree BUT the fact remains, trendy is making very questionable changes, not in a good way. YES, i know how hard it is to be a developer, i had experience in developing, and is really, really hard, BUT making choices are not hard. so far, tenrdy is making choices that cost them playerbase. honestly how many old fans left the game already? and how many casuals will stay after 2-3 weeks of playing? even after 10k free copies of the game, DD2 hardly go over 2k players online at same time. Maybe they should try to speak with community more and build the game we actually like. No offense but DD2, even after so much time of development is still under shadow of DD1. i really think they should do something like this: before trying to go for new mechanic, they should first make public poll about it. let us, players, fans build the game with you. people who are here already helped you with money, let us help you with our ideas too. it's kinda embarrassing that playing the game with broken mechanics is more fun than this 'over corrected' balanced version.

OP is she, but, whatever lol

Im still gonna stick with this game though. I have no intent of having fun with it, at all, or even having the hope of playing with my friends or my bf on it with how broken it is. But I do retain hope that somewhere down the line(cause this game still has a good ways to go before being complete) that the devs will see the bad choices and over corrections they are doing and this game will turn out to be the beauty it had potential for.

And maybe, I wont be as much of a silent supporter anymore. This game has really gotten me to speak out for once.

You know, I wouldn't apologize or even back down from your original statements at all. They were spot on, and I think it's pretty much warranted in the games current state. I uninstalled DD2 today. I had zero intentions of logging on in the first place and I have zero regrets right now. I'll install it again when they make some massive changes because while they are worried about stupid inventory changes, I could care less. Make people play vacuum simulator until you fix the core game. I don't care what happens to the loot I don't want to pick up right now, I care about enjoying playing the game, to even see the loot drop. 

@Tristaris quote:

You know, I wouldn't apologize or even back down from your original statements at all. They were spot on, and I think it's pretty much warranted in the games current state. I uninstalled DD2 today. I had zero intentions of logging on in the first place and I have zero regrets right now. I'll install it again when they make some massive changes because while they are worried about stupid inventory changes, I could care less. Make people play vacuum simulator until you fix the core game. I don't care what happens to the loot I don't want to pick up right now, I care about enjoying playing the game, to even see the loot drop. 

Think of the tokens!  You need the wyvern tokens!  That's pretty much why I log in anymore <.<  Today was when I had 3 pooled so I have to play and it's two 8 incursions and one 8 onslaught round

Feels like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship tbh.  Good for you on getting out.  Lmao

@Pachipachio quote:

Think of the tokens!  You need the wyvern tokens!  That's pretty much why I log in anymore <.<  Today was when I had 3 pooled so I have to play and it's two 8 incursions and one 8 onslaught round

Feels like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship tbh.  Good for you on getting out.  Lmao

Oh god lol. I did laugh when I read that pachi. The tokens weren't even worth it to me, nor was the pet for monthly lol

Hell the dailies are something interesting i can do, i actually like the dailies, something they did right XD

interesting things to achieve instead the same old "play life root, now play liferoot hard, now play wyverns den, now play wyverns den hard!" like .. lame XD

i do wish they'd let me mouse over the reward to see exactly what they are or how many id get lol

@Pachipachio quote:

@Tristaris quote:

Doing the monthly now and dailies thats all for the moment 

Could try to do NM3 but thats a bit too much of a pain to try

mehehehehe

@Jojozityjo quote:

Hell the dailies are something interesting i can do, i actually like the dailies, something they did right XD

interesting things to achieve instead the same old "play life root, now play liferoot hard, now play wyverns den, now play wyverns den hard!" like .. lame XD

i do wish they'd let me mouse over the reward to see exactly what they are or how many id get lol

Dunno why they didnt do that at the first place.....

Its evil..