Sign in to follow this  
Underlander

Please, fix loot table.

I don't really think I needed to write anything, since images are self explanatory, but I'll write anyway. This is the result of my last NM run (Ramparts, 5th bonus token). Eventhough this is the result of only one run, I can assure you this is pretty much the proportion of stuff I get in every run. This seems very broken to me.

Characters have:

1 slot for relic (3 kinds of relic)

1 slot for weapon (1 kind of weapon, except for squire who also have a shield)

4 slots for armor

From the images you can see I got:

22 relics (for 1 slot), so 22 per slot (12 of them being... rings... RiNGs... more than half) ~31% of the loot

12 weapons (for 1 slot), so 12 per slot ~17% of the loot

14 pieces of armor (for 4 slots) so 3,5 per slot ~20% of loot

And a bunch of chests/eggs/food (23 total) ~32% of loot

I don't think this makes any sense. Imo the number of drops should be:

Armor: ~50%

Weapon: ~15%

Relics: ~15%

Pet stuff/eggs/chests: ~20% (by reducing the number of chests, not of pet food)

Of course different people have different opinions and some might prefer a bit less of armor for a bit more of weapons. But I can assure you: no one wants 1/5 of their loot to be rings... this is no freaking lotr.

Now concerning defense passives, I was personally looking for tripwire. From all the loot, I got a single piece (bow) with it, in a bow with hero crit damage. So yeah, pretty useless. Got a crapton of hero passives, a few defense crit damage with low %, 3x phoenix luck and 1x phoenix flame (completely useless for my build, but that's not the point).

tl;dr: As it is now, loot table does not seem to be  correctly tuned (a.k.a. it completely sucks).

ysFZuM9.png

PSHTai2.png

HDI7xWq.png

Yes indeed this is a big problem now. Good piece of armors are just hard to find. Also, adding loots on all enemies wave 2 and + would help this issue a bit. 

@alexstonge25 quote:

Yes indeed this is a big problem now. Good piece of armors are just hard to find. Also, adding loots on all enemies wave 2 and + would help this issue a bit. 

We should already have loot from normal enemies from wave 2 onward but since that is a buff instead of a nerf it doesn't work first try.

But more on topic, they seriously need to remove lockboxes from special enemy drop lists completely and only drop one from the end chest, there is no reason we should be getting up to a dozen lockboxes from a single run. Pet food drop rate should either be increased or the chance to get the higher quality food should be increased. Both relic and weapon slot items need to be cut in half and armor drops should be increased and all 4 armor slot items should have equal chances of dropping so we don't get a ton of gloves and 1 or 2 of the other pieces.

The op's pictures are nearly identical to the kind of drops i get EVERY run. and it is extremely frustrating getting upgrades for anything other than the relic and weapon slots.

I can agree with these numbers being accurate. The vast majority of my drops are weapons and relics (usually rings indeed). Pet food needs a buff (or a rework as I've heard is in the works?) Armor should MOST DEFINITELY receive a buff in drop rate. It simply doesn't make sense to have all of these new passives, armor being the largest % of our equipment, and it being this low on the totem pole (cwutididther) for average drops. WTB passives into gems. Something.

Good info. Agree. My experience is very similar to OP. I don't expect an upgrade every run, but the drops definitely seem skewed.

Cut relic drops in half ... add back in as armor.

Have an equal distribution of relic type.

Cut lockboxes out completely (except from end chest) ... add back in as pet food.

Make pet food scale with map difficulty.

had same experience. getting armor is too hard also maybe RNG is playing with me but almost every piece of armor i got has DH, HH stat on them, very very few actually have HD and/or HCrit.

The amount of rings I get makes me rage. How many dps chars do you think we have? Haha

The same applies to weapons. We don't need a thousand weapon drops when all we're looking for is the build weapons. True story.

You probably wouldn't even have to start fixing passives to certain stats or other crap if you just gave us more armour drops to begin with. More trash for sure but more chance of something useful!

It's highly frustrating seeing the skew of stuff drop that didn't even have a chance to be useful.

I really like the system with the bonus exp and loot for completing 5 different maps but the loot here too is not that rewarding. I've been trying to upgrade my app weapon for the frost fire build. If you complete these maps, you indeed get more and better loot but not the loot you want. Shoudn't we get more rewarded for completing this quest with heroe specific loot. I'm only getting the huntress and the monk weapon :(

@GoldYzzy quote:

I really like the system with the bonus exp and loot for completing 5 different maps but the loot here too is not that rewarding. I've been trying to upgrade my app weapon for the frost fire build. If you complete these maps, you indeed get more and better loot but not the loot you want. Shoudn't we get more rewarded for completing this quest with heroe specific loot. I'm only getting the huntress and the monk weapon :(

Guess RNG doesn't like you xD.

after my last run i'm probably done until next patch/hotfix. loot table is pretty frustrating. got 2,5 bags of trash after a 50min NM run. not a single tower item (except for 2 hybrids). not worth the time grinding loot with current loot tables knowing it will all be wiped when we go to open alpha. will log for dailies when possible (and when dailies).

Indeed. Thats so stupid when u get tons of weaps, but only few armor items.

Moreover. Devs nerfed drop from bosses and increased victory chest reward. But they forgot about Onslaught mode. 15 rounds (not waves) and only 1 leg, 3 myth? Rly? I dont see any sence to play there with such broken dropsystem.

I thought it was just me who got ass-tons of rings. They really drop WAY too often.

But, even if the loot was balanced, it'd still be kind of bad due to how many layers of RNG you have to go through to see a usable item.

Good post.

Wanted to bump this for the original poster, as it shows a lot of what's wrong with the current game right now.