Sign in to follow this  
NewFolder

Poison Dart Tower - passive concept feedback

Got around to watch the devstream [[6348,hashtags]]. Good stuff except for the poison dart blockade passive.

Trendy is doing a pretty good job being interactive with the players and asking for feedback and influence votes. But why not ask for feedback regarding the passives before it is implemented? The passives will basically end up being what we build. Vanilla towers will be only for the few first levels until you get your first tower passive and you will never look back.

So I think it is important to get those right. And by right, I mean making sense with a good concept and create excitement. I.E. the frost tower buff; Why not let the actual boost aura do its only job?

So I would like talk about the Poison Dart Tower as a beefy blockade. Cant blockades be blockades?

I wholly agree - what's going to happen is either poison dart blockades are better than spikes, thus replacing the meta wall in every build (making hearty blockades useless), or the new poison darts will be completely worthless. The new passive will be dismissed and tossed aside like the phoenix blaze balloon. If I had to guess, the DU cost and small hitbox will probably cause them to fall under the 'worthless' bucket.

Honestly, these build passives in general are going in a direction that I strongly disagree with. It's a game mechanic and a business model that is going to hurt the game in the long run.

Yes these are my thoughts as well. There is no room for 2 different blockades in end game. Only the best will be used. And I would strongly recommend that the blockades will be the best blockades. And based on the current logic, blockades might as well end up being the best DPS tower.

@gigazelle quote:

I wholly agree - what's going to happen is either poison dart blockades are better than spikes, thus replacing the meta wall in every build (making hearty blockades useless), or the new poison darts will be completely worthless. The new passive will be dismissed and tossed aside like the phoenix blaze balloon. If I had to guess, the DU cost and small hitbox will probably cause them to fall under the 'worthless' bucket.

Honestly, these build passives in general are going in a direction that I strongly disagree with. It's a game mechanic and a business model that is going to hurt the game in the long run.

All these passives are going to be the death of DD2 in the long run.  Stop it with all these passives and just make them towers.  Then, take the tower into each class and make that into a deck/pool or whatever you wanna call it.  Then make it so each class can choose which 5 towers they want to bring into the game instead of just 4.