Alright, so i've come back after a rather lengthly stay away from the game.. (since about december of last year or so) due to reasons beyond my control. (wasn't the game's fault *laughs*)

I come back to this "social rating" system, along with the end-of-match rating system where you can up/down vote players in your group after a run, and indicate who you felt did the most (which I think shouldn't be done through players, think the game should indicate MVPs). 

On the note of the social rating system, I don't know too much about it outside of what I've read around so far through searches. But from the sound of it, I feel it should be handled differently. As people have most likely said before: Leaving a match during a build phase should not be penalized. 

There is no harm to anyone leaving during a build phase, people can be replaced. Life happens maybe they need to go, or maybe someone decided it was a good idea to build the entire map on hard incursion with their level 10, while the other two people left, and you're stuck with the decision of "should I leave this match? I haven't till left any till now...but I don't really want to be stuck in this situation.." And that is what brought me here today to write up this post. This situation pretty much happened to me. 

I enter a room for Incursion (Forest Crossroads - hard), and well what do i see? a level 10 squire building up everything , the other two people in the room left when they realized what was going on, and here I was left making the decision above. Now, I'm fairly new myself (at least since early pre-alpha), Alot of this is fairly new to me too. But you don't take a level 10 and build towers in an ipower area of level 150-160 :/ Maybe I'm missing something, but if the other two players left, am i wrong for leaving as well? Was I supposed to just stick it out and watch it fall apart? i guess I should have, it would have then preserved my pristine "social score" that I never left a single match, never afked, and always participated and followed instructions. 

But now I feel this tinge of regret that I chose to leave that game, how will this effect me in the long run? maybe I'm thinking too much of it, but it just bothers me that we're penalized for situations such as these, when we shouldn't be. Think alot of things would be fixed so long as leaving game wasn't penalized unless you left in the middle of an active wave. 

EDIT: forgot to delve into the whole end-of-match rating thing, how exactly are these scores going to be incorporated? How will it affect matchmaking as a whole? Is it easily susceptible to trolling/unfavorable ratings given to people who did exactly as they should? Just a bunch of curious questions, but thank you for taking a look at my thread. :) 

A lot of that stuff seems weird and TBD IMO, I'm guessing / hoping it isnt turned on myself (eg leaving a game I'm the only one in I'm allegedly losing 'social score').

I don't think the social score system is really functional to the point that it's being monitored at the moment. It's not a high priority right now so you shouldn't be overly concerned.

@Funatikz quote:

I don't think the social score system is really functional to the point that it's being monitored at the moment. It's not a high priority right now so you shouldn't be overly concerned.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't entire sure if it was being enforced yet, and if they're actually keeping track in regards to when they do implement it. I enjoy playing with others, and typically happy to help others, but sometimes it bothers me that people expect to be carried through the game. :/ Why bother playing then? ._.