What happened to Resist on Gear Drops?

I am noticing that new gear drops have MUCH lower resists than my existing gear.  I have level 23 gear that I got while leveling that has 3X the resist as level 38 gear that is dropping now.  It is nice that other stats are fixed on the new drops, but this just makes heroes really squishy.

These huge stat swings are not good.

Heroes were too strong and effective prior to the patch, so they cut resists to 1/3 of the previous level at the same time that they increased monster health and damage. Working as intended. 

@SactoDoug quote:

image.jpg?w=552&c=1

He is absolutely serious, Trendy derped big time for no clear reason. I am sure they have something down the line to justify the resistance nerf but like all other things they nerf they do so before adding said thing they nerfed it for. 

well, that's pretty much the train of thought the devs had when they implemented the change so... whether he's being sarcastic or not <.< it's the truth

I was being sarcastic.  But yes, that had to have been the thought process.  The alternative is that they made random stat changes for the hell of it.