Sign in to follow this  
Professor_Valconian

Vector Corrector

Why is it so hard to find? I think it is indispensable for cannons and flamebursts, but have only ever found it on a helmet a few times ... and always without other defense stats like DP or DH. I've also never seen it on a mythic or legendary.

I also noticed that it is a lot harder to find now. But isn't that because of the great number of passives? The more passives you get, the harder it gets to find the one you want. I believe the developpers are conscious about that problem and that they are trying to find a way to solve it.

All loot is pointless with the appropriate passive in end game and finding passives matched with anything remotely useful is rare. It's Grind with a capital G and greying tedious.

vector corrector only ever appears on helmets, so dont even bother looking for it on other pieces.

I just realized when you place a tower you see the wrong range. you gotta hold left shift to do it properly

@lupus quote:

I just realized when you place a tower you see the wrong range. you gotta hold left shift to do it properly

not only that, but you must wait for the cyan lines to completely disappear before pressing shift.

Ive only ever found one of these as a passive on a helmet and i was extremely lucky because its a level 31 piece with DP and DH on it with a 16% Vector Correct on it for my apprentice and i don't plan on getting rid of it until i find another helmet with that passive on it. 

@gigazelle quote:

@lupus quote:

not only that, but you must wait for the cyan lines to completely disappear before pressing shift.

true ***

I think this is a huge bug on this game - probably the biggest one I've noticed

@Arcflare quote:

Ive only ever found one of these as a passive on a helmet and i was extremely lucky because its a level 31 piece with DP and DH on it with a 16% Vector Correct on it for my apprentice and i don't plan on getting rid of it until i find another helmet with that passive on it. 

It's not that rare, really.

I've been doing endgame nm2 and 3 and I've found more than 6 or 7 helmets with this special. But only one of them did give me 12% :)

make sure your playing either apprentice or squire to get a vector correction helmet. They are MUCH rarer on huntress and monk because huntress uses volatile schematics and monk uses radiance. If your playing the right class, then its probably just RNG, sometimes you go without finding something for days, then suddenly you find 4 pieces of perfect gear. Even though most people on the forums that speak up hate this games loot system I dont really mind it to much, I like RNG based loot personally. Makes it more exciting to actually find that piece of gear you worked so hard to find.

@Spencer1K quote:

make sure your playing either apprentice or squire to get a vector correction helmet. They are MUCH rarer on huntress and monk because huntress uses volatile schematics and monk uses radiance. If your playing the right class, then its probably just RNG, sometimes you go without finding something for days, then suddenly you find 4 pieces of perfect gear. Even though most people on the forums that speak up hate this games loot system I dont really mind it to much, I like RNG based loot personally. Makes it more exciting to actually find that piece of gear you worked so hard to find.

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

Best I've seen is 19% on a trashy ability piece, almost cried!!!

Also, people seem to of forgotten/never knew the grind for gear in DD1

Both of these are true. I quite enjoy the grind of RNG gear but i feel like in comparison to DD1 the scaling on gear is far too small. i feel like DD1's gear scaling in NM was far broader than we have now.

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

Best I've seen is 19% on a trashy ability piece, almost cried!!!

Also, people seem to of forgotten/never knew the grind for gear in DD1

mhm...19%

I wonder if the huntresses' radius boost (only on helmet but I forget the name)  can get this high.

The best I have seen is a ipwr 640 ish piece with 15%

I wish we could reroll stats on gear.  I have trashed 1000s of good gear just because it was missing a critical stat like hearty blockade.