Guilds or Clans?

I don't know whether this has been requested or not, because I failed to find a thread, but, why not make something like this available?

Also, you can include several features for guilds not to feel like a bigger friend list who connects everyone:

• Add points you can get if you complete things with guild members so you can upgrade the guild
  • Add a stash/bank so guild members can share things
  • Add a donation feature so we can donate gold to guild to, let's say, change name, change emblem etc.
  • Add ranks. For the lulz of it. Why not? Also, to be easier to manage the guild
  • Message of the day/announcements

... aaand this is all I can think of.

Now, as I said, I don't know if this has been said before or not, but I think that this could be a good thing here.

Cheers!

I think if you used the Circle System from Wildstar or the Linkshell system from Final Fantasy XIV it would be just as effective.  A Group of Friends with online chat to do stuff with.  Granted I'm not against a Clan or Guild System to party up with but would rather have more content and bug fixes.

I think this brings forth the buying and selling that we miss from DD1.  Unfortunately, that also brought in the hackers...

While it is pretty much impossible to remove hackers (still don't understand how people think cheating is fun), adding a bartering system will make it more of a honeypot for would be hackers.  I personally like the way that progression works (single player basis) and think that the buddy system would pretty much break the game.

Imagine everyone would just start asking people for better gear or for hand me downs when someone gets an upgrade.  Chat goes from being a bunch of non-talkers, to nothing but "anyone got a gear to pass down?" or crap like that. 

One of my draws to DD2 is the lack of a bartering system.  Keeps people from raising prices and stuff like that, basically makes everyone work for what they got, something that totally lacks in society these days...

@MalenkoMC quote:

I think this brings forth the buying and selling that we miss from DD1.  Unfortunately, that also brought in the hackers...

While it is pretty much impossible to remove hackers (still don't understand how people think cheating is fun), adding a bartering system will make it more of a honeypot for would be hackers.  I personally like the way that progression works (single player basis) and think that the buddy system would pretty much break the game.

Imagine everyone would just start asking people for better gear or for hand me downs when someone gets an upgrade.  Chat goes from being a bunch of non-talkers, to nothing but "anyone got a gear to pass down?" or crap like that. 

One of my draws to DD2 is the lack of a bartering system.  Keeps people from raising prices and stuff like that, basically makes everyone work for what they got, something that totally lacks in society these days...

Yeah, it really sucks when people decide they feel like hacking and throwing their hacked goods out into the public. :/ if you're going to hack, keep it to yourself. ._. However, I think a dev posted somewhere that things are server-side now, which at least heavily reduces the chances that hacked gear would be a possibility like it was on DD1. 

and regarding beggars in guilds, I am very certain anyone who makes a guild/clan would make some concrete rules regarding that. No one likes beggars. 

I don't think having a bartering system ruins the game, if anything it promotes the social aspect of the game, encourages haggling and coming to a good deal between the buyer/seller/traders. Funny thing you say that people don't work for what they have anymore. Even if they bought the gear from someone, they still had to earn that gold to buy it from the person. Or in cases of trades, they still had to have something worthwhile for the person to part with what they were offering. 

I totally get your point about the gear, but what if they make the access to the bank rank-oriented?
I mean, the guild leader can create ranks and set permissions to who can add items or take them from the bank.

And also, yeah, there will also be rules set by the guild master. If he's a true bro he will realise that cheating is not the way to do things or giving away free stuff without even working your a$$ for them. I am not against helping others, but I am against doing the job for others so they just collect the rewards without moving a finger.

Don't like any Clan-ideas for dd2 ...
At least with bonuses from it and with leveling it...
Just clans for more easy find people you need for maps not so bad...
But this things...that will make people want to go "top-clan" ...and keep clan in "top"....nonono...i tired from this too much )
It's always include stupid and blind race for nothin'...

@Rose quote:

Don't like any Clan-ideas for dd2 ...
At least with bonuses from it and with leveling it...
Just clans for more easy find people you need for maps not so bad...
But this things...that will make people want to go "top-clan" ...and keep clan in "top"....nonono...i tired from this too much )
It's always include stupid and blind race for nothin'...

No, no, no, I didn't say to get bonuses from the guild, like exp boosts or things like that. I said that you can level the guild just for the entity itself, to modify the emblem, add more space for more players and things like that, not to make it to give bonuses to its players.

That way, the guild can be an artificial difficulty.

Guilds will be more a symbol than something active in the game I believe. If you want to play with someone, you'll just invite someone from your friend list and play with them. In that case, guilds would be more a community inside the DD2 community. Although I agree that bragging about how your guild is the best and all the achievements your guild did is fun xD. 

@alexstonge25 quote:

Guilds will be more a symbol than something active in the game I believe. If you want to play with someone, you'll just invite someone from your friend list and play with them. In that case, guilds would be more a community inside the DD2 community. Although I agree that bragging about how your guild is the best and all the achievements your guild did is fun xD. 

I guess that you can see it that way too. But my first thought was "Hey, there's already the artificial difficulty of the campaign", since you really start doing what you want to do in the free mode, the campaign is just a little introductory thing to all the maps you can play atm., so why there wouldn't be a guild-ish thing too? 

To introduce another mechanic and artificial difficulty to the game that would be more like an group achievement than a "physical" in game reward.

In short, let's just keep this part of it on Steam.  Join a clan/guild on Steam.  Befriend people on Steam.  Join on said friends from Steam to play DD2.

That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Well this is up to everyone's opinion and preference. I, myself, wouldn't like my Steam list filled with a lot of people I might barely interact with if I am supposedly member of a guild or something like that. You catch the point.

I just stated my opinion and brought arguments that could sustain what I said. Thanks for the feedback on it, though! ;3

The easiest way is to encourage people to use the steam group chat.  It doesn't require you to add people on your friends list and you can join and leave just while your playing.  

If more people used it then you'd notice people you regularly ran into and party with them more and have a general hub for people to chat in outside of the social tavern.