Sign in to follow this  
PGCD Durand

Game Play & Styling

As a DD & DDES DLC for the XBOX 360 i loved that game i really liked the simplicity of the game and the controller functions, but i got to be honest here i really feel that the original dungeon defenders game play was much more satisfying and rewarding. Also while i realize i am a PC gamer not a console gamer anymore, i absolutely DETEST keyboard and mouse combinations. There are way to many keys i have no interest in learning it's a big part of the reason i gave up on ESO and that game wasn't cheap when i bought it.

Its also why i have barely any games and those i do have on my PC might as well NOT be there, i have no clue how the hell people don't cripple themselves with the standard W,A,S,D keys just to move, let alone button placement for jumping, crouching and what ever else games put in.

And i am REALLY struggling to get into this version of the game, the looks are better by far but and that's great but i REALLY don't like its setup some times simplicity is key and i really feel that the only upgrade DD needed was visuals other than that nothing some new maps/story wouldn't cure. and definitely a few patches to clamp down on cheat mods.

Now call me old fashioned but a saying i really like to abide by and that is if it ain't broke don't try to fix it, no point reinventing the wheel if the original already works. You may well state that this is the same as the original, but no its not feels nothing like it. I also note there is a box that is grayed out for now for controller settings, maybe for me if this becomes available it may change things for me but as it stands now DD2 is a no fly zone. But nice work on the visuals, unfortunately visuals mean nothing to me i am all about the game play.

controller support >>>WILL<<< Be Back ASAP. So don't worry about that just give them a few months and it should be good to go. ( I'm a mouse and keyboard person) 

The Game Play: We are being forced to Suffer through some bad Dev choices. All you can Do is Post [[48971,users]] and iamisom. Yelling at top of our lungs we don't want your builds.

Other then this i do not see what we can do. The Devs are committed to this foolishness and we are being dragged along for the ride.  

Well if there not listening its kind of hard to get something that resembles a decent sequel, i was addicted to DD1. If it comes to that i still am after my post this morning i went away and bought it, as not only does it have Full Controller support. I missed the game play, spent  good few hours on it in the end tiredness beat me lol.

Had to go sleep at some point i suppose, but yeah looking at DD1 and the way i immediately jumped straight back into the game. DD2 is not shaping up to be a decent sequel but that is just my opinion, keep in mind that DD1 was on xbox 360 originally, so this is the second time i bought it....

Think it pretty much speaks for itself.