Sign in to follow this  
vSyNd

Too many problems. #Done4Now

@Tanell quote:

I have farmed nm3 liferoot prob 20 or so times today to completion and I must say out of the many legendaries that dropped only 1 was a small upgrade over what I already had.  I would say at least 75% of the time I did in fact get a legendary chest but only to be disappointed by what came out of it.   I would like to see some sort of option like in onslaught where you pick your reward implemented right before opening a chest.  So say I am looking to get a glove, click glove as reward and bam a glove would drop along with whatever else.  Atleast this way I would actually look forward to popping that chest open in the end with a better chance of maybe getting something I need.  I would not go as far as say picking passives cause that would just get silly but atleast the ability to pick the item type would probably make a lot more people happy.

There definitely needs to be something done with loot... other than nerfs... Every since the loot was taken away from normal mobs, the game just feels empty.

Some waves you just think to yourself... "I have no chance of getting loot this wave, because there is no boss mob, or end game chest during this wave."

I've been thinking about ways to improve Onslaught's loot reward.

Currently after 3 waves you get a reward of your choosing, aka armor, relic, currency, pet, or weapon.

This is a great start of something that could be improved on. If instead of getting 1 piece of loot, you get the choice of 3-5 different pieces at the end of every 3 waves.

So you would be looking at 3-5 pieces of loot and you would choose which piece you want to receive, ever so slightly increasing your odds of getting something you ACTUALLY want.

It also seems like it could be a fun interaction with the game, as long as the loot didn't always feel completely useless. XD

Onslaught has GOT to get some focus... NM1-NM10 is not going to be our end game. Endless/Onslaught should be.

I agree with everything OP said.  In addition, what Trist said with the characters being weak as hell.  They feel utterly useless. I currently have no plans on returning to the game either until big changes occur.  Will keep read dev logs and see how things progress and hopefully things will go in a better direction.

@Blixer quote:

Onslaught has GOT to get some focus... NM1-NM10 is not going to be our end game. Endless/Onslaught should be.

Correct, Onslaught needs something. Doing more Loot Testing now, I'll come back here for more raw information. Stay tuned. should be today

@Trueday2001 quote:

I agree with everything OP said.  In addition, what Trist said with the characters being weak as hell.  They feel utterly useless. I currently have no plans on returning to the game either until big changes occur.  Will keep read dev logs and see how things progress and hopefully things will go in a better direction.

Yes, [[64852,users]] is another Hardcore player, that has chosen to not play with the game in it's current state, along with many others.

@vSyNd quote:

@Blixer quote:

Correct, Onslaught needs something. Doing more Loot Testing now, I'll come back here for more raw information. Stay tuned. should be today

@Trueday2001 quote:

Yes, Tristaris is another Hardcore player, that has chosen to not play with the game in it's current state, along with many others.

I'm still around, though! I just can't be assed to deal with the mess that is the current nightmare mode. I like a challenge, don't get me wrong, but I hardly call inflated hit points more of a challenge, when it becomes a game of "everyone get on their squires" or it's essentially (as someone else posted elsewhere) Bockade Repair Simulator 2k15.

I thought of logging on to see how progression was from 1-50 and into NM1 on a new character, but then I realized just how piss poor loot was and couldn't be bothered to. Loot and Survive I dumped in 300+ hours.  Alpha and beyond? Less than 10 hours clocked. If that doesn't say something, I'm not sure what else would because I just don't see the fun aspect of massive HP pools and spamming repairs while crap defenses whittle away at huge numbers.

My only real issue is passives and gold. Difficulty and upgrades I'm not having a big problem with. I'm AOKAY with being stuck in nm2-3 for more than one weekend. I dont want to be able to INSTANTLY jump to nm4. Did you instantly jump into farming NMHCMM wave30 survivals? I know I didnt... If they can fix the loot (key passives not dropping remotely enough... and when they do its mainly crap stats lol), and the horrendous gold problems (I had 500k saved prepatch, and am now sitting at a hearty 20k lol) I think the game will be in a pretty reasonable state. PLEASE dont make it ezmode again. Please. A challenge is a good thing.

EDIT I also agree with blockades, slipping by / jumping over is irritating as hell, but doesn't happen THAT much I get it maybe 1-2 games out of 10 tops. Alhough having an ogre jump over my cade on nm3 gates on the final wave last night pissed me off pretty good... (First time I made it to the end so far)

People are way to negative is seems. This game is still in Alpha, we are here to test the game for release. So if you don't have fun, I think you should just step away from the game. Come back later when more things are fixed. In the meantime, diehards like me will keep playing and testing so you guys will have a better expierence later on :D

@GoldYzzy quote:

People are way to negative is seems. This game is still in Alpha, we are here to test the game for release. So if you don't have fun, I think you should just step away from the game. Come back later when more things are fixed. In the meantime, diehards like me will keep playing and testing so you guys will have a better expierence later on :D

There's a difference between lack of content (which this game has more than plenty for an alpha game) and a lack of fundamental core game mechanics and structure (which this game is horribly lacking). It just seems so backwards to me because I would expect the game's foundation to be finished first, THEN add content; but here we have a game with lots of content but no foundation.

@GoldYzzy quote:

yea, that's kinda what I'm doing, not playing near as much as I use to atm. I did find something fun to do recently, so I'm messing with that. But still waiting for a few more updates to go back to hardcore playing.

Any word on the mentioned problems guys?

I'd at least like to know what's being done about Blockades and the Loot System.

The Blockades just leak mobs all over the place whether it be from them climbing them, or even floating/clipping through them.

The Loot System is REALLY buggy, most of it not even matching the patch notes. And the types of maps seem to drop different loot.

For example, when I did the NM4 Incursion using the SA's... Normal mobs dropped loot, on wave 1.

That's right guys, looking for NM4 gear? Just go to NM4 Incursion Liferoot and blow mobs off the map, that old bug people used, it's back... because the Loot System is all over the place.

Yeah, okay look. The word is out. I'm playing World of Warcraft.

You know #*** has hit the fan when WoW has managed to creep back into your life.

@Sinistar quote:

Yeah, okay look. The word is out. I'm playing World of Warcraft.

You know #*** has hit the fan when WoW has managed to creep back into your life.

Holy hell, it must be a sad time when this has drove you back to WOD lol

Guess there's no reason to start a new thread. I'll just add on to this one.

-------------------------

Newest update gave us Auto-Collect Loot.

Awesome! This feature is going to be great, if/when the complete it. Seriously, great direction we are going here Trendy. NOT SARCASM.

Well... I say it's going to be great, but we don't know what direction they are going to take it. Hopefully in the correct one.

What's the correct way?

Hard to say honestly, there are a lot of factors you have to think about when considering what needs to be sold, what needs to go to scavenger (for whatever he's gonna do with the items someday), and what needs to be picked up as upgrades/loot.

My lack of caring at this point makes me not want to go into the nitty gritty and help figure it out where they should take this Auto-Collect. (at least at this moment.)

I still love my idea of one button puts item in your bag, the other sells the item right off the ground, that way you can sort your loot right there while it's on the ground, it never has to touch your bag, UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO! Anything left on the ground... Scavenger for his future uses, whatever that's going to be.

Or you could flip the same concept. One button to put the item in the bag, the other to go to the Scavenger. And then everything you leave on the ground gets auto sold at the end of... the match...

But now there's a problem. This sentence derived from the Patch Notes...

"At the end of the match, all items left on the ground will attempt to go into any bags marked Auto Collect."

Tell me, what happens to loot in Onslaught?

There is only one scenario for it to be "At the end of the match.", and it is when you lose. That is the end of the match...

So your Auto-Collect doesn't happen until then, but at the same time... if you leave all the loot on the ground, come round 10-15 the loot that is on the ground does this thing... where it just picks itself up off the ground.

Where does it go?!

Into your bags... "Well duh, that's what the Auto-Collect feature does!"

No. It fills your bags with the loot it picks up whether you have Auto-Collect on or not, and it doesn't sort it either like the new Auto-Collect feature says. Sometimes it doesn't even pick up all the loot, so 1/2 the loot is still on the ground.

Don't comment on the above if you've never seen it... plz for the love of god, you don't understand until you see it.

So here is this "Nice New Feature" and it doesn't even work in every game mode.

Do you guys remember [[6360,hashtags]]/Survive?

Everyone was hyped for the new Onslaught Mode. Let me quote the patch notes...

--------------------------------------

Onslaught Mode and Onslaught Loot

• You’ve been waiting, and now it’s go time! Onslaught is a survival mode where players pick a reward at the beginning of the match and play to their heart’s desire. (Or until that one Javelin Thrower pierces your heart. I mean, core.)

• Onslaught plays out over a series of rounds and waves. There are three waves to every round. At the beginning of a round, you’ll have an unlimited Build Phase. Between each wave in a round, you’ll have a time-limited Build Phase.

• The rounds are themed to specific enemies. So look out for the Spooky Skeletons and Kobold Rushes.

• The rounds will also have secondary traits that will change per round. These are  buffs to the enemies during the round that will keep you on your toes. These will change with the themes and be different each round. This means round 1 could be speedy goblin hordes. But this also means you could have a healthy Dark Mage round at some point.  *Shudders*

• Once you unlock your first Onslaught map, you will be able to start playing for that sweet new item you’ve been wanting. Want an awesome new weapon? Select the weapon reward category and start running through Onslaught. You’ll get your selected category round at the end of each round. Keep your wits about you though, as Onslaught will be no cakewalk. How far can you get?

• There are unique pet and weapon rewards you can only find in Onslaught mode. But we’re not going to tell you what they are, because that’d ruin the fun.

-------------------------------------

MAN! Look at that hype! New game mode, game mode specific loot, game mode specific pets, freaking awesome endless waves of enemies and loot! Makes you just wanna punch a baby it's so awesome!

And now what have they done with it?

They are throwing this game mode under the bus, back then it was the big thing, everyone had to play it! Now, it's getting left behind as if it were trash... bosses drop less loot, we are losing some of the unique pets that were in there before, the unique weapons... does anyone use these... seriously? I'd like to know (pics or it didn't happen), and now even the new patches they come out with aren't compatible with the game mode!

crazy-pills.png

/rant

---------------------

Bring your worst Whit Knights...