Sign in to follow this  
vSyNd

Too many problems. #Done4Now

Game has major problens, but none of them is in your top 5 list. Only one I agree is #1. The rest of your list is just whinning because you can't beat the game. Try some of those games with "I WIN" buttons.

@Underlander quote:

Game has major problens, but none of them is in your top 5 list. Only one I agree is #1. The rest of your list is just whinning because you can't beat the game. Try some of those games with "I WIN" buttons.

If you were to keep the mechanics behind the "whinning" points in his list then I can bet my life support for the game would end in a year after everyone leaves because it's just not fun atm

I can understand you like the eastern-style grinding-till-your-face-falls-off type of game/system but a lot of people don't.  A game like that will not get a large playerbase (anymore, anyway) and the devs/etc that support the game will find their time better rewarded on other projects

Please, think of the longevity of the game.  I'm also willing to bet the OP's points are about not having fun vs it being too hard.  I don't mind difficult content at all.  But I do mind it being not fun - which is just a combination of repetitive, unrewarding, lack of player influence during waves, and.. well, if this were my job I'd sit here for the next hour and a half dissecting what about the game makes it not fun.  But what's very clear is that's not fun atm

@Underlander quote:

There are plenty more issues I could list, but I wanted to preach on my biggest frustrations that make gameplay not fun. Every opinion matters, so even the smaller "whiny" complaints mean something when a product is being used.

I feel my gear has nothing to do with 1, 4, or 5. The argument could be made about the others, so I wont go there. That still leaves 3/5ths of my complaints/opinions not gear based...

I hope these things get addressed soon, I would love to come back sooner than later.

Honestly this community has gotten horrible over the last 2 1/2 months. Too much negativity for me to even come to the boards anymore. I would rather see Trendy shut it all down and stop using the public to find issues that they don't know how to/don't intend to fix. And don't excuse them for lack of staffing or alpha. I wish I could have my $75 back and wait longer.

I still believe Trendy will bring it around, but damn they have a long long ways to go due to recent patching going backwards. I stopped playing again with more huntress dps nerfs (2nd time now). I was going to wait for two or three hot fixes before I tried again, but listening to other players I rolled with talk about DD2's current state I am uninstalling again for another couple months. Sad day, Trendy. Hope you find your direction again.

@Pachipachio quote:

@Underlander quote:

If you were to keep the mechanics behind the "whinning" points in his list then I can bet my life support for the game would end in a year after everyone leaves because it's just not fun atm

I can understand you like the eastern-style grinding-till-your-face-falls-off type of game/system but a lot of people don't.  A game like that will not get a large playerbase (anymore, anyway) and the devs/etc that support the game will find their time better rewarded on other projects

Please, think of the longevity of the game.  I'm also willing to bet the OP's points are about not having fun vs it being too hard.  I don't mind difficult content at all.  But I do mind it being not fun - which is just a combination of repetitive, unrewarding, lack of player influence during waves, and.. well, if this were my job I'd sit here for the next hour and a half dissecting what about the game makes it not fun.  But what's very clear is that's not fun atm

This. it's not about being hard, it's about being boring and not rewarding. 

@-venOm- quote:

I would agree before 6.2. Now I think NM1 is perfectly tuned. Just quit playing because after my last run game broke after last wave and all my loot from last wave was gone, including 3 legendaries and 5 mythical.

Edit: loot I had already collected and was in my inventory.

@Underlander quote:

@-venOm- quote:

I would agree before 6.2. Now I think NM1 is perfectly tuned. Just quit playing because after my last run game broke after last wave and all my loot from last wave was gone, including 3 legendaries and 5 mythical.

don't get me wrong. this hotfix was definitely step in right direction. there is no more brick wall of difficulty but the 'fun' part is still missing from the game. i bought the game for me and 3 of my friends. none of us are playing the game atm. facts don't lie, LOTS of people think that game in current state is not fun, not rewarding at all, and really, really repetitive. I'm not being negative here, i'm being real. i still have high hopes for this game, that's the only reason i'm here on forum. 

I am finding it hard to keep going when the Loot i need to move on NEEDS Vary Focused stats.

To move on i NEED Pyromania and NEED Tower ATK + Tower HP

To move on i NEED other gear with Tower attack + Frostfire on everything in order to Stack slow.

If i do not get the EXACT STATS I CANNOT MOVE ON!. played 6 games of Insane LifeRoot Endgame.

I GOT NOTHING. (to match my gear needs)

if this was DD1 I could trade ,speed for range, Range for power , Power for Speed, and move on. 

Loot with good Combat Value seems like a 1 in 900 Roll. ( i'm guessing )

You cannot trade Tower power for Crit chance. You cannot Trade tower Crit power for tower power. You cannot trade tower power for anything other then more tower power.

So you half to get drops. LOTS OF DROPS to get what you need. This is killing my fun, i hate grinding a 50 for nothing.

Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png ITS A GOD DAMN WAIST OF MY TIME. 

Want to just add some about loot....
Yeah...realy...we get much less loot now....
And yeah...that's maybe not so bad if we'll realy recieve it from chests or somethin'...but...
Yesterday runs:
3 blue ,3 myth and 2 leg chests(with 3 legs total)...Srsly... i completed 8 runs(different maps with daily thing) for 3 legs ?
It's pretty much time...(+2 legs from bosses,ok)
(before it was like 1 leg from 3-5 ogres or somethin' like this. And as we know regular map have 1+2+3=6 ogres+some specials.So it may be somethin' like 8x6 ogres=48...not less then 9 legs i guess).
Also before we may drop 2-3 legs from 1 ogre if you remember...Do you seen it now?)

And now less practise more theory one more time)

Let's think...
Now we get less loot from bosses and mobs - right.(confirmed)
And now we get more loot from chests with more chances to get higher ipow and quality...but...only if we complete it...
(Game make us loose too often in nm in any stupid causes)...
But...as we also know - ipow and quality isn't so good if we haven't right stats.
And...Also this damn chests is still random.
So!
What we got from this ?
Now we have non-sence and useless onslaught (more then before).
Now we have less loot totaly(cause best way to farm was ogres before...now it's...chests? which are mostly blue\myth?oh...ok.

I get mostly mythical / legendary chest though.

Maybe it's just my daily loot %, but still.. 5 maps daily with Lego / Mythical Chest that drops 2-3 Legendary items, a couple Mythical and an Epic. I can live with that, honestly. Completing 5 NM3 maps would consume all of my time anyway, so that's about what i would farm daily. Maybe some onslaught, but only if i really wanted it. 

Will see how it goes after the weekend though. Can't really judge anything atm. I get a really lot good drops during this weekend. The only thing i can complain is that RNG don't like me enough to drop me a Lego drop with correct stats / passives. 

Edit: i am about to do couple maps, can take a SS of the loot after the game, if anyone wants. 

Did a little bit of loot farming today with a few of my daily chests, here is the outcome.

[[6426,hashtags]]

Ogres - 17 - 85 items dropped - 15% chance for an ogre to drop legs, only 3% of all of the items were legendary

greens - 54

blues - 21

Mythical - 7

Legendary - 3

-----------------------

Others - 11 - 32 items dropped - 18% chance for other bosses to drop legs, only 9% of all of the items were legendary

greens - 22

blues - 6

Mythical - 1

Legendary - 2

----------------------

Random Mob - 1 - 0% chance for leg

green - 1

-----------------------

Victory Chest - 3 - 100% chance for legs from chests, only 25% of all of the items were legendary

green - 1

blue - 8

mythical - 5

legendary - 5

------------------------

Leaks after doing 3 maps = 4

So what can we conclude from this? Legendaries do drop, and the best way to guarantee one drops is to complete a map.

But of those legs dropped how many were upgrades? None in this case.

The problem I'm facing is the chance to get a good, decent, perfect roll on a legendary is...

All of the different passives, base stats, and class types... = a low % chance for you to get what you need on a roll...

Now lets, on top of that low chance, put yet another low chance for the legendaries/mythicals to drop... and now you are playing the lottery.

% chance to win? .0000000000004 GL!

probability-wat-duh-ffff.jpg

@Kevo149 quote:

2 Dragons just killed my 100k hp blockade 3x faster than a boss could lol

guess you left it unattended for too long =) probably did not repair before and they ate whatever was left of it. Or you played nm2 incursions or something with 100k walls. 

@Kevo149 quote:

2 Dragons just killed my 100k hp blockade 3x faster than a boss could lol

mmhmm, 1 dracon attack I have seen it do... 13k damage. 1 dracon... in 1 attack.

Been there, done that =)

Their attacks hurt a lot but only when they apply full damage. As in, all the shots hit the wall OR they bite a chunk of it off from a mellee range. Other than that, it's nothing really that major. 

@Seph quote:

Been there, done that =)

Their attacks hurt a lot but only when they apply full damage. As in, all the shots hit the wall OR they bite a chunk of it off from a mellee range. Other than that, it's nothing really that major. 

There being too much damage also could be fine, I mean if the correct loot was dropping, then that would mean our walls would have MUCH more HP, and our Defenses would do MUCH more DPS, making the dracon die faster, and therefore doing less damage.

Same as I said before, if we had the option of Hero DPS, we could kill off the major threats, and it would be balanced... all in due time I hope.

So it seems to me that I won't have much incentive to come back to play dungeon defenders 2 any time soon. Isn't the game going f2p by the end of this year?

@vSyNd quote:

There being too much damage also could be fine, I mean if the correct loot was dropping, then that would mean our walls would have MUCH more HP, and our Defenses would do MUCH more DPS, making the dracon die faster, and therefore doing less damage.

Same as I said before, if we had the option of Hero DPS, we could kill off the major threats, and it would be balanced... all in due time I hope.

A sheer number of what Drakin could potentially do to your defenses is quite huge.. Worse than Ogre. Not even sure why it is like that. It does fit a heavy artillery image very well though. Too well, even, when compared to what Orc could do...

@Sinistar quote:

So it seems to me that I won't have much incentive to come back to play dungeon defenders 2 any time soon. Isn't the game going f2p by the end of this year?

You should at least login and try it out for yourself rather than taking 1 persons perspective :)

EDIT: Also, vSyNd, can you please make the title more constructive like you said you would, thanks :P

@Underlander quote:

@-venOm- quote:

Trendy's way of rewarding the faithful kek

@chesticles quote:

@Sinistar quote:

You should at least login and try it out for yourself rather than taking 1 persons perspective :)

EDIT: Also, vSyNd, can you please make the title more constructive like you said you would, thanks :P

I feel it's better than it was, and reflects my honest opinion, I'll change it up a bit more, but it probably still wont be to anyone's satisfactory levels.

I'm sure people don't read the title of posts and go... "OH, THAT'S IT, not playing the game! 1 negative review." They probably at least took the time to read what I said in the main post, which has been supported by others,  to see why I feel that way, and if people are not doing that... that's just a bad consumer IMO.

Putting a title like... "Trendy is trying really hard guys, here are some not so nice opinions of mine, sorry they are harsh constructive criticisms." I mean... I'm not trying to baby anyone.

I don't need a list of alternatives, I picked the title of my post because it reflects my frustrations, and if THE TITLE is the worst part of the whole post... I think people can look past it.

--------------------------------------

I would love to hear more feedback on how the loot drops are treating people, for me... when you start trying to push into NM4 the gear % chance to drop the roll you need (to classify as an upgrade) are just so insanely small... I'm not sure if I would want to do anything other than log in for the dailies on a day to day basis.

Currently that is what I'm doing, logging on, doing my daily as quickly as possible, not expecting or getting any upgrades, then logging off.

I'm here to have fun, not add a daily chore to my routine.

/rant

Let's get some better Probability going on, as well as get some Mutually Exclusive possibilities with passives and classes.

I think some Mutually Exclusive possibilities are already worked out, but I'd like for them to be fine tuned.

@vSyNd quote:

I feel it's better than it was, and reflects my honest opinion, I'll change it up a bit more, but it probably still wont be to anyone's satisfactory levels. 

I'm sure people don't read the title of posts and go... "OH, THAT'S IT, not playing the game! 1 negative review." They probably at least took the time to read what I said in the main post, which has been supported by others,  to see why I feel that way, and if people are not doing that... that's just a bad consumer IMO.

Putting a title like... "Trendy is trying really hard guys, here are some not so nice opinions of mine, sorry they are harsh constructive criticisms." I mean... I'm not trying to baby anyone.

I don't need a list of alternatives, I picked the title of my post because it reflects my frustrations, and if THE TITLE is the worst part of the whole post... I think people can look past it.

Oh no, I agree with why you did it, I was looking at it like this: If it is viewed it as a "ranty" thread, they (other users) might not take it seriously and either ignore it or just troll it. It did happen earlier on, but it seems like its back to a civil discussion now.

Thanks again ^^

I have farmed nm3 liferoot prob 20 or so times today to completion and I must say out of the many legendaries that dropped only 1 was a small upgrade over what I already had.  I would say at least 75% of the time I did in fact get a legendary chest but only to be disappointed by what came out of it.   I would like to see some sort of option like in onslaught where you pick your reward implemented right before opening a chest.  So say I am looking to get a glove, click glove as reward and bam a glove would drop along with whatever else.  Atleast this way I would actually look forward to popping that chest open in the end with a better chance of maybe getting something I need.  I would not go as far as say picking passives cause that would just get silly but atleast the ability to pick the item type would probably make a lot more people happy.

@Professor_Valconian quote:

@Yi-shai quote:burrowers and witcher guys(forgot the name the ones that ressurect skeletons) stack up behind orcs/bosses and just make the tower get useless since the ogres/orcs get (nearly) outhealed.

The game then forces me to go to them and push them in front of the towers or really slowly kill them.

This is precisely the reason I think that hero health and damage needs a decent buff for Nightmare content. If I could get to a dug in witherbeast and actually kill it without myself getting killed it would feel oh so satisfying. Unfortunately it normally ends in an epic fail ... I die and have to wait the 10 seconds to rejoin the fight.

Plus add some of these mobs, healers not only seem to be knock-up resistant but immovable - which is insane IMO as hero damage is so weak and you cant always push them to the defense areas, especially when you have to rely on the small footprint of traps.

If you're not going to give us reasonable hero resistances (nerfed) or damage (inadequate, and then also using lane resistance against heroes! Omg..) let each hero have a special that really target wiping out healer types at a *minimum* and/or something that *really* amps hero damage up for a duration.  

Better if you just better balance hero experience though - when I started I was impressed at how much heroes played a roll (if disappointed at how weak towers were) - boy does hero power take a nose dive and you really nerfed Squire survivability and he has to go in melee range.  Monk a bit too.