Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 37

Can we expect for a loot table fix soon? It doesn't seem balanced, as you can see here https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124836/please-fix-loot-table 

What kind of future inventory improvements can we expect? A lock bag option (where items can't be sold) would be awesome, and also some search features, like searching for item name or stat.

Lightning: can we please have more room for pets next week? One bag is not enough for collectors and it shouldn't be that hard to add one more (or a few more) to the store.

Gold economy is in really bad state right now. while there is no good source of gold income, there sure are ways to spend gold in instant. it would take more than couple of month for casual player to upgrade gear, even if gear is not so good.

- Pet re-rolls cost 5x times more than they should be.

- weapon upgrades can swallow millions (literally).

- Force pet upgrade (by food) cost more than 4 million to tier 3.

- Spheres are maybe too expensive (but it's ok, since you buy them once).

overall prices are ridiculous, can we expect a way to get a lot more gold or should be expect fixed economy?

ALSO

can we expect auto-sell of every dropped item on the map after match ends? because nobody likes vacuuming and selling everything after every wave. it kills pacing of the match, changes mood and makes game extremely boring. [NOTE: even if auto-collecting bags are added, it still means doing same process every waves. please consider, what players left behind to sell automatically].

With the large social hub will there be minigames?  I'm sure there is a lot of space that can be used for things like that, also it could be a way to give out exclusive items only earned from the games.

Do you intend to give players who already play NM or Endgame an additional option to level their alternates or when a new hero comes out?

Because it is very very boring to have the need to go back to an easier difficulty and grind for xp there. This may prevent some people from even try additional or new heroes.

Are there plans to address glaring loot issues before adding more "builds" to the current game? The way loot works now, it can in no way support even more stats being thrown on gear.

Will hero DPS be viable any time? While leveling, and gearing initially, hero DPS isn't viable at all and is in a rather poor state. When can we expect to see multiple projectiles, more interesting mechanics for them, etc.

When will pet DPS be buffed? It's rather pathetic at the moment, and they are nothing more than stat-sticks in a sense. I commend the artists for doing a good job on some pets, but it feels they could be tweaked to be more fun. Watching a pet fire a few orbs is rather boring. 

This could be in combination with my loot issues question, but are there plans on making stats more fun and towers more viable. Currently it's frost towers + traps or bust, and projectile towers have really lacked for a while now. I'd love to see all towers viable at all levels, and be more interesting than they currently are. Towers in general are just very boring to watch, outside of things like blaze balloon/geysers.

Question 1:

How about pause bottom?Because game like this some times need pause,when friend lose internet connection and reconnect i can't pause game.

Question 2:

Can later see spectre mode?It will be very fun)

Question 3:

When you hatch yours egg,can future cancel and change egg?(Because my friend don't know abous first quest fast hatch egg and begin hatching 8h egg and can't cancel :( )

Question 4: 

Have some bag with system invate friends when they can connect if they stay only in private tavern :(

Question 5:

If you buy sphere in Gran Master after you can't sell them if need,in future add selling system?

#1 Could you please explain to me the mechanics behind outfit experience; by doing 'what' earns my outfit experience?

#2 I've been hoarding eggs for shards in order to convert gold into pet EXP as it does need millions to gain a single level, however with the current economy tweak, this strategy has been rendered futile. What can we expect in the near-immediate future as viable money earning farming possibilities, as grinding maps for victory chests as the primarily source of income does not ''cut'' it for me. Grinding EXP is tedious enough as is, grinding money this way would even be worse. -- Blacksmith In an earlier devstream, you've responded to a question, stating that one could buy pet food for 500 gold each, and that you would take another ''look'' when it would start to cost millions, I think you will find that it is currently very expensive at around level 50 and upwards in order to gain a single level.

#3 I know it says 2 questions, but sodd it, I think you guys like answering questions, and I've got them. Any updates on the stacking items division of DD2? Amounts per stack, Items that aren't stacked right now, but ought to be? Give me all of those juicy details. eg. Plans to increase the amount per stack on Pet re-rolling items, stacking pet food, stacking pet Eggs, etc. 

#4 A follow-up to an earlier question of mine, #2, Any thoughts of tweaking the chances of higher-tiered pet food items to drop from a pet food box? As is, the 12,500 exp food item, in my opinion, is too rare a drop. Your thoughts?

#5 Following up on the economy tweaks, what made you decide to up the maximum costs for pet re-rolling to 50k -- Does it look like we have stacks of billions of gold laying around in our inventories? I know 5k was a bit cheap, but it wasn't as if we were guaranteed an improvement of the stat we were wanting to re-roll. You could go through a few stacks of pet re-rolling just to even encounter the stat you are trying to roll for, regardless of whether or not you are satisfied with the value that you've rolled. In my opinion, before the economy update, 5k was too cheap of a cost and 50k is too much. In all fairness, given that we currently have no real method of farming gold, I think 5k is a right cost/reward ratio for what we are getting in return. Your thoughts?

Lightning: Will the ''heroes of old'' be featured in DD2?

Lightning: Will we see an implementation of Crafting alongside enchanting?

Lightning: Will the ''Sell valuable item(s)'' dialogue box be removed from Lockboxes? -- Or perhaps an option checkbox for individual player customization as to allow players to decide what kinds of warnings they would or would not like to receive?

Lightning: Will new item skins be implemented for the 3 item boxes that drop the different tiered vials for pet evolution? It is rather frustrating to mine your way through a stack of items in a map, thinking you'll be rewarded with a pet food item box, only to discover it is a rather relatively useless vial box for either Creeper, Dragon or GatoBlacksmith)

Long answer: When will the hero deck be moved to the top of the priority and can we at least get some sort of explanation as to A) what purpose is it supposed to serve(I think it makes new players "lock" into one hero) B) what changes are you actually going to make to it(I think the community is generally opposed to just adding slots).

Long answer: What plans if any are there to enhance the hero development ie changes/additions to the skills spheres and passive builds. Not just add more but how to make them work with more diversity and not create single meta builds of one uber and one passive.

Lightning: are the gold costs for items coming down any time soon?

Lightning: if you answered the last question with "we are looking into it" does that mean soon?

Lightning: if you just said yes does that mean next hotfix?

@Chappyy quote:

Long answer: When will the hero deck be moved to the top of the priority and can we at least get some sort of explanation as to A) what purpose is it supposed to serve(I think it makes new players "lock" into one hero) B) what changes are you actually going to make to it(I think the community is generally opposed to just adding slots).

With all the hero deck criticism and frustration as of late, I want this answered as well.

Either confirm that it's being dropped or provide a thoughtful explaination for its existence that actually makes sense and is desirable.

With all the changes to passives, it feels like Tower Defense has been left behind. When most builds don’t include a tower other than frosty or AA, something is wrong. What are your current plans to adjust the DPS/Impact of towers (this even includes fixing flamethrower aggro) in the coming future?

Lightning: Can we please have pet affection and power levels stay the same when evolving, since they are still as “experienced” and “loving” before the evolution as they are after? (I really hope my pet didn’t become stupid and now hates me… looks at Charizard)

Lightning: If the map ends and there’s loot left on the map that doesn’t get auto-collected, is it sold for Gold or just trashed?