Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 37

Is there some timeframe, where we get a solution for the missing TIB issue?

Or is there some possiblity to stop the map end timer, so I can at least manually pick up the loot at the end of the game?

Or is there some possibility to get a move all loot to scavanger as some sort of last resort?

On some lanes, enemies 'fall' of the track (for instance Greystone Plaza: Greystone Terrace lane close to the rocket cart or Innkeeper Hill lane close to the mana chest) is this a bug or a feature? (makes it sometimes difficult in solo, when this happens)

Is it by intention, that in incursion bosses sometimes have a different resistence than the lane?

Thanks.

Lightning: Can we get rid of the scavenger and simply allow the TIB to be as it once was, except that it can be used like any other bag except all items have a timer to auto sell?

Lightning: Will you please create a "This is our intended purpose for this turret/blockade" blog? Currently some towers/blockade(s) are seemingly being completely avoided from being used. Example Mage walls. What is the intended purpose of this wall as Squire walls seems to completely outshine it at every step.

Lightning: will you please make a toggle feature for the new and old way of using the (Upgrade, Repair, Sell. UI). The new UI seems to be clunky and Also I cannot ping close to Entrances.

Lightning: Will we be able to sell our UBERS back to the Treasure Pirate for our tokens back? I have bought a couple of them and wish to sell one back because I do not like it. That is a good deal of tokens, for something I do not want, but I had no way of testing it out without spending my tokens. -- You can prevent abuse of this system by incorporating a "Uber Testing Map" where you can test it without gaining xp, gold, items etc. Once you go into a normal map the purchase is made permanent.

Lightning: When will the 15 min. timer be removed from private matches? Sometimes I need to run to the store, but I don't want to lose my wave 13 Onslaught that I am soloing.

Lightning: When will I be able to create a new public group, without joining a group? I have lost some maps because the group running what seems to be the only public group at the time, insist on failing certain waves of Onslaught instead of trying to go as far as possible. (They claim this was for Power leveling purposes.)

Lightning: When will we get rid of the Yes or No buttons when clicking Quit from the title screen? If I did not intend to click Quit, I would not have. And if I did mistakenly click it. It is my fault not yours. Please remove this extra check of quitting as it is pointless.

As opposed to grinding gear on the weekend, doing it on the weekdays is rather lackluster and the daily bonus doesn’t feel like it affects anything. In regards to how difficult Nightmare is at the moment, the time doesn’t feel well spent, especially when more than 90% of gear dropped doesn’t roll with build passives or defense stats needed. Will you add events or something else during the week to make the game almost as (if not as much) fun as on the weekend?

Currently Nightmare cannot be beaten without build passives, though if it can, I’ve yet to see someone do it. In the survey, you mentioned the build passives are meant to make you feel overpowered. Will Nightmare or Gear be balanced out to a point where build passives truly are something that makes you feel overpowered and are not needed to clear the game?

Lightning: Will you have sales throughout the year or at all on gems?

Lightning: Will gems ever be tradable?

Lightning: Will wyvern tokens be able to be used toward premium purchases in the future like bags, costumes or gems?

Lightning: Will you guys implement a faster movement system? Perhaps add a movement speed uber to make use of that slot for most heroes as an alternative to choosing between speed and other medium spheres.

Lightning: Currently, my friends and I experience black screens over half the time when joining the tavern. Are you working on a fix for this?

A few questions:

1. Can you explain to us what the intended use for the Temporary Item Box (TIB) was and how you planned to fix that with the Scavenger? (PRIORITY #2)

2. If you are not going to bring back the TIB, do you have plans on making things left on the map auto-sell at the end of the round or wave?  (LIGHTNING)

3. What is your plan to prevent barricade hopping Ogres and other enemies from passing through, around or over barricades? (PRIORITY #3)

4. Why am I being forced to spend gems on pets and still have no control over which one I get?  It's a premium purchase, I should have a choice.  (PRIORITY #4)

5. Any chance that you will make it possible for lower power ranked (powerful, epic, etc) pets able to reroll into a Legendary? (LIGHTNING)

6. How come I don't get any money from selling pets, but don't have any other way of cleaning up space in the pet box?  I worked hard (at least 8 hours) to get those pets, I should get something for my troubles! (PRIORITY #5)

7. Will you be implementing a "friends list" in DD2?  Something that will allow us to join on a friend without having to find eachother through Steam first? (LIGHTNING)

8. Do you have plans to fix the economic part of the game?  Currently, it takes so much money to do anything, but even if I sell all my gear, I don't get a substantial increase in money earned, but it takes mountains of gold to reroll pets and buy food for them (if not found in game) and for enhancing weapons (especially those with higher levels of upgrading possible).  (PRIORITY #1)

9. Any chance that you would be willing to make all Mythical and Legendary gear, dropped from a round ending chest, contain the passives?  This might help with the issue that they are sooooo hard to find!  (LIGHTNING)

10. Have there been any thoughts about using the Weapon's shop as sort of a weapons forge?  For example, i could take 5 weapons of the same level (epic, powerful, etc) to the shop, pay a fee and have them forged into 1 weapon with the combined stats (or something close to fully combined)?  (LIGHTNING)

11.  Will you be implementing the ability to customize our hero costume colors in the very near future (next patch maybe)?  It gets old seeing the same old monk ninjas and stuff like that.  At least if I could color mine pink it would be different! :D  (LIGHTNING)

Sorry I had more than 2 Priority questions.  I tried figuring out ways of making them Lightning questions, but they just don't work out that way, they need more detail! :D

I'm sure I have many more questions, but hopefully people will see some value in a few of these.  I know a couple of the questions are on "dead horse" subjects, but they are ones that always pop into my head and make me think "WHY IS THIS THIS WAY!?!?!?"  My first dev stream that I've watched was 36.  I'm hoping to be available for 37 and a chance to win some gems (I'm running low with all these sweet costumes!!).  Keep up the good job guys.  The game looks beautiful, and despite fixing one thing and destroying 6 others (typical code bug behavior) it is still fun to play, frustrating, but fun.   XD

EDIT:  Added question labels at the end after reading the "rules" in post 1. :)

Will you fix Auras so they can be Overlapped like Huntress Traps? Or, Can you at least determine the BASE range of the Aura, and allow that to be the footprint when building multiple Lightning traps.

As it currently stands, I must remove my ORBS and gear that increases Aura radius. Just to put them close enough to each other to feel effective. Then if I forget to put the gear back on, I am gimped. How was this not a thought and if it was, why was it not addressed?

1) Do you plan on releasing the next set of builds without making fundamental changes to the loot structure and hero deck?  Our largest problems become exponentially worse when you dump four more builds on us.

Lightning question: How about hot keys to change the hero?   F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5 Emoji_Huntress.png

Lightning question: Maybe we could also double the walking speed while in build phase to save some time?

It can be difficult to gear up my other characters because I rely so heavily on Squire for initial progression into harder difficulties. Because of this I thought it would be a good idea if the loot from the chest we get after completing a level is based on the character who opens it instead of the one who finished the last wave.

Thoughts?