Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 37

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, September 18th at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Will Brad remember Fancy Friday this week?")

Question 1

when playing solo you need 4 builders and a dps hero, at this stage we can only have 4 builds and no dps hero, what is the reason for the trendy team not to add a 5th hero to our hero deck and if you are when will it be?

Question 2

Right now in the game we can't re-name our heroes, will you add the function to be able to re-name heros in the close future?

Any chance of more varied ubers with more visual flair? i.e. double barreled cannon (shoots rapidly, does less damage per shot), elemental cannon (elemental damage), classic bowling ball (that doesn't suck) etc

I have noticed several users who are using 32-bit OS or low end spec'd machines posting in the TS forums with Fatal Errors. I can't really fully help them, as the issue is more than likely caused by their OS/machine.

In regards to the 32-bit OS issue, has any progress been made towards a solution?

With the full wipe will the monthly exclusive pets be wiped or kept and will they never be able to earned again after the monthly mission?

Do you think there is any chance in having

Monsters

Oozing 

Oiled

Nerve

Boiled

Acidic 

Stimulating 

Enzymes

????? 

First there was the serenity slow + frostbite abuse, which you rerolled gear for. Then there was the frostbite no-shooters that you didn't reroll for. Now dps abuse is on top, and still no reroll. How are you going to deal with post-patch exploits in the future? Rerolls? Hotfixes? Bans?

With the severe re-tuning of gold in closed alpha, many are finding it nigh impossible to level up pets' power levels. Are you planning on making it cheaper to level up pets' power level?

Lightning question:

- In one word, what was the most fun feature in the game to implement?

- Are there currently any easter eggs in the game?

Lightning: Is serenity's slow gonna come back? gotta a 18%  slow and see No slow

Lightning: More Icons for Loots Bags?

Lightning: Do you see a full/partial wipe on its way?

Is Boost Aura going to get a buff or decent passive. Compared to Ice which has slow, Speed increase to traps/auras and AND decent damage buff Boost seems very very lack luster.

You have an awesome Leg Polearm for monk the Mine looking one.. But when it hits and enemy it does nothing. Those legs needs some animated explosions or somthing to make them different then a regular stick hitting an enemy

Are there any planned changes to how premium pets will work?

To clarify, I spent most of the monthly eggs hatched requirement hatching Evilwicks. I adore that pet and I wanted a Legendary. It took 12 eggs. At 250 gems and 8 hours a pop, it cost me 3000 gems and 96 hours to finally get a Legendary Evilwick. Which, you know, I gladly did. Someone has to test the premium pet system, and I really really like that pet.  On top of that, I completely agree that premium pets should not be pay to win.

With that said, if it took 3000 gems and 96 hours to get any class skin, I would NOT have a skin. And essentially all I wanted was a pet skin. So to reiterate my question, are there any changes for premium pets planned to make them less... costly to get what you want?

I apologize if this has been asked or answered elsewhere, I've been super busy for the last month or so and it is entirely possible I've missed it.

Question 1: 
Currently our bearicades have a lot of issues, as to not retaining aggro, mobs COMPLETELY ignoring them (even after it hits them) or just walking over them. Unless we completely seal off a route, mobs will just walk past them as if they dont exist. This issue is gamebreakingly bad in the current meta where we need to stop mobs from walking up to the crystal and slapping it a new one.
Because hard CC has been nerfed into oblivion we have resorted to the bearicades.
So here's the actual question: Are you guys working on fixing the aggro issues with the bearicades, the mobs clipping through them or just ignoring them. If so, can you guys give an approximate estimate as to how far you are? If not, can you tell if you guys have already tried a number of fixes that didn't work?

Question 2:
Have you guys thought out how to implement some of the old classes of DD1 yet, like the series EV. We know that she won't be getting her stupidly overpowered buffbeam, but we would like to see her in the game again. Back in DD1 I was especially in love with her for her Proton beam (it was stupid strong). Please share your thoughts on the possibilities of reintroducing the older classes. (might have been asked in an earlier dev-stream, but I thought sufficient time has passed now)

Lightning: Will Betsy see a hubby at any point in time? Currently she is quite lonely :'(

1- Can you share any info about the crafting/upgrading/reforging/enhancing feature that you are working on? With the growing number of passives on gear, it feels much harder to attain items well rolled (althou I think some of the suggestions on the survey would make the grind too fast and makes us just be looking out for that 1% extra stats upgrade over and over and over) and such feature should/could help us mitigate some of the RNG without breaking the system.

2- Can Dan Haddad please make more posts like the "Scavenger, Nightmare, and Beyond"? Or Brad, or someone else! That was awesome!

The "Builds" foolishness has taken this game from a Tower defense game and turned it into a game of find the exploit. 

Will Blacksmith take responsibility, if this drives players away?

Question 1: 

How about old system drop like DD1 when you can drop item yours friends or other party members and trade with them?

Question 2:

What about  this bug or someone else?When you equip iteams like hemlet  or any other don't like staff you can't see this iteam on yours texture hero because they don't change :(Because i know in old DD1 when you equip any iteams yours texture hero details change too.

dd2bug.jpg

Question 3:

For lvl up we have auto skill up,in future this system lvl up was edit and be like dd1? When player chose skills what him need.

With user created content becoming a large part of most modern day game such as Mine craft ( Lets face it, it's pretty good at what it does) people have been driven to show their creativity brought to life in games they have pour hours into.

So my question is would user created content (Using the steam workshop) be a possible feature to be added once the game has been finalized?

Lightning - Will the scavenger actually pickup the stuff I don't want? As of right now, it just disappears because I don't want to waste time picking it up to sort through.

Q. What is the status of Ogres/special enemies pushing one another over barricades (lack of barricade aggro)?

Lightning: Does the dev team agree that loot in general is underwhelming as far as upgraded stats

Lightning: Is the QA team really just [[64025,users]] and a six pack?