Sign in to follow this  
FluffyToaster

Build Drop Rate

I feel like builds do not drop enough.  One run of NM2 Liferoot will average about 1-2 pieces of armor with a build on it, and this is across all pieces of armor and all rarities.  This is a problem when it comes to legs.  Leg drop rate has been heavily reduced after the Alpha patch to the a drop rate I feel fits a legendary item, but when I need to get about 50 legs before I even see one with a build on it, it ruins the experience of getting a legendary.  Instead of being excited when seeing a legendary drop I just get annoyed because I am reminded that there is close to no chance it has a build on it, and if it does, it will have stats I don't want on it.  I feel like legs should be guaranteed, or have a 90-99% chance, of having a build passive on it.  To balance it just make it common to get a low % for the passive and harder to get the highest % for the passive.  This would make people keep farming even if they have the build because they would want the highest % and stats that go along with it.  It would also make grinding more fun because it would make getting a legendary actually exciting and worth spending an hour to get.

You must remember that there could be dps builds in the future. Therefore, there must be a balance between both.

99% to spawn a legendary with a passive (build is what consists of many passives, combos, traps and towers, etc.) on it? Lol.

:)

@Seph quote:

99% to spawn a legendary with a passive (build is what consists of many passives, combos, traps and towers, etc.) on it? Lol.

:)

I am confused as to what you are pointing out here.  I said build passives and builds are one set of passives on all equipment, so I do not see what you are "lol"ing at.

Its kinda the problem with having build passives a necessity it diminishes the worth of every other passive. be interesting to see how it runs once there are 4-5 of them, after doing the survey seems they might be dropping the sphere system or atleast changing what consists of an uber aswell which is sad i feel really uneasy now :(

[[62660,users]]

I chuckled at the naive 90% drop chance proposal ^^ RNG is the most fair you can have for a whole community.
They covered the drop chance in the last stream, where they considered an option of items dropping in a set "bundles" of passives, so that you never get hero stats with builder passives and such =)

Well, yes, build in this case means a set of passives for a certain hero (a.k.a. "Hero Build"). But a build in general is what resources (hero build passives, other passives, dps heroes, pets with their buffs / debuffs and skills, etc.)  you use overall to win the content^^

The biggest issue I have is that DPS/hero gear seems to drop 80% of the time.  The rest of the time it's likely a crap tower piece with poor stats and no good passives on it.  I've been very lucky to find an upgrade at all going into NM2 and even then it's never a Mythic or Legendary.

Even with the increased drop rates this weekend, when I do play a nightmare game I see no legendaries, then I swap to leveling my huntress on Hard Free Play and see 2-3.

@Seph quote:

I chuckled at the naive 90% drop chance proposal ^^ RNG is the most fair you can have for a whole community.

Yes, RNG is fair, but when the drop rates for build passives are so low that there is a 1% chance you can get a leg or mythical that is usable, it is also what makes people stop playing the game.

[[62660,users]]

Well, everyone being on the same circumstances or "rules" about loot drops, i know what you are talking about =) 

The chance of getting an upgrade for end game players is quite low, not an actual usable item. Plenty of usable items out there, but they are mostly powerful-mythical. You know why? It's because they drop so much more often than legendaries, tbh. Legendaries are legendaries and they do feel special right now, i like that. Although i am running around dressed all in blue-purple items with green boots or something, lol. But when i find a legendary that is an upgrade for me, i do feel that something special just dropped for me. Not something that drops for everyone. That's what makes Legendary items worth a word "Legendary" and i like it. I support it:) There could be, however, a slight chance of increase in useful mythical drops :/

What makes people stop playing the game is their own personal issues... Or things that break the game completely. It entirely depends on a person how fast one can get bored of things =) You can't keep people for long with a very limited resources, be it loot or maps / mods variety:) 

Some leave because they get bored of the genre, others leave when they get bored of not getting upgrades, others leave because leveling pet seems overwhelmingly "tedious". You can't keep everyone satisfied^^

I personally am that which enjoys the genre, so i play the game to defend Etheria, not to get the best loot out there and leave the game unless new loot is introduced. 

@In.Session quote:

Its kinda the problem with having build passives a necessity it diminishes the worth of every other passive. be interesting to see how it runs once there are 4-5 of them, after doing the survey seems they might be dropping the sphere system or atleast changing what consists of an uber aswell which is sad i feel really uneasy now :(

I kind of wish they did the reverse and removed build passives and made them spheres and instead had universal passives that affected all the build spheres based on each particular spheres criteria. I was under the impression from the start that the spheres system was meant to do what build passives do by letting you tweak your build.

I feel like things would be dramatically improved if they just adjusted the balance and reduced the amount of DPS gear. Who needs all those ability rings? I don't need a half the drops to be bits of dps armour. I have two dps heros and I have a ridiculous slew of dps gear. I can't even play my dps heroes, I have to have all four slots filled with builders to play solo. 

I know that in the future there will potentially be dps builds but right now there aren't. Even when there are they will not be the majority of my heroes.

I'd like to see more proportional drops.

Give me rolls on tower gear instead.

@Seph quote:

I personally am that which enjoys the genre, so i play the game to defend Etheria, not to get the best loot out there and leave the game unless new loot is introduced. 

The genre is loot/tower defense. You can't say you enjoy the genre then go on to say you could care less about what makes up the majority of the gameplay experience.  Loot is what made people grind in all the DD games. They didn't play to beat the same maps over and over again with the same set ups just for fun. They wanted to feel powerful and strong, but it is kind of hard to do that when your only using blues and greens.  Not being able to get good loot without grinding for months (unless you play for 5-10 hours a day) isn't encouraging.

You think you want an easy drop rate and matched passive stats so builder gear will be easy to find, but you really don't.  It will make the game boring like DDE.

DD1 had a terrible drop rate for most of the duration.  It wasn't until the very end when Lab runs would drop crazy amounts of gear that it got easy to supply full sets of Ultimate gear.  I got more ults in the last 500 hours of play than I did in the first 2000.  Way more!

Before lab runs people just played crazy amounts of the game.  Most people traded to get Ult sets.  There was a reason we needed an item check forum and why this game is server based.  The game didn't drop most of the ults in the game.  They were injected like most  many of the cubes in play.

The other side of that was that full Ult sets were not needed to play the game.  A good trans set was enough to play if you could build.  I'm beating NM2 maps in mainly un-upgraded NM1 gear.  Since the last reroll, I have played completely solo and not been carried through one level.  I don't feel like the game is the biggest hindrance to my progress.  I only play a game or two a day and I am only OK at it.

I like the drop rate.  I think rare loot should be rare.  DDE had matched set odds, where different types of gear would drop only builder or DPS stats.  It was super easy to put together sets to crush everything.  My last 100 hours of farming was me building and then going AFK with a script pulsing my imp, that's not a euphemism ;-)

Builds are a bad idea with the RNG System

The odds of getting what you NEED primary + secondary are Vary Low.

Also if you are Doing a DD2 build VS a DD1 state build up. Lots of "Good Gear" is worthless to you if it dose not have the right MIX of stats. 

Not having the right  stats in DD1 was a 1 in 20 thing in this game its 1 in 100's Cuz we are doing "Builds"

The biggest issue with this game, that will be their downfall if they dont fix it before release, is the fabricated intention on generating build passives with hero DPS stats within a system of RNG ... 

Every item that drops should have meaning to it, now a legendary drops and the reaction is *shrug* it's probably *crap* and 99% of the time, it is ... monk_small.png

Edited: IMHO, every legendary "should" have passives and build stats -- OR -- hero DPS stats with DPS passives. This way people would actually get excited every time a legendary drops because it would have some use, you would think.

Edited: removed me venting, writing it out, actually helped *phew*