new pets ability(for any who want to see it before they spend time evolving)

Cooldown: 120 seconds

Duration: 28 seconds

Description: create a field of swords for unsuspecting foes to fel upon in the battlefield.

Damage-----

lvl 16 216 max dmg, 5 projectiles, 1 second max attack rate

ability monk hero dmg:1656.2-ability damage for 236, hits approximately 88 times over 28 seconds(+or- 2 hits)so...

(whips out calculator) 236/1656=14% hero dmg(tested without wep same %) .14*88=1232% over 28 seconds.

Usefullness: probably better at higher level, but its not very effective when going against enemies with 20k+hp

ability damage scales off of hero damage

So, it would be useful to know what your hero damage stat was when it did the 236 damage.  Also, whether it hits every second, or more - so that someone can estimate how many times it hits for those 28 seconds and then get a nice "it does 70000% of your hero damage"

Maybe they're a DPS character and want to then compare their pets ability to this one and be able to say 70000%/120 seconds or 6000%/12 seconds

Likewise, the 204 normal hit is useless for people too.  What power level is the pet, what's the recharge time, how many projectiles?  (Edit: video clears this up, but loads other people need to see this so I'll just leave it)

If you want a useful compendium of the pet for people to look at, those are some tips!  Those numbers are kind of pointless to even mention as is

@Pachipachio quote:

ability damage scales off of hero damage

So, it would be useful to know what your hero damage stat was when it did the 236 damage.  Also, whether it hits every second, or more - so that someone can estimate how many times it hits for those 28 seconds and then get a nice "it does 70000% of your hero damage"

Maybe they're a DPS character and want to then compare their pets ability to this one and be able to say 70000%/120 seconds or 6000%/12 seconds

Likewise, the 204 normal hit is useless for people too.  What power level is the pet, what's the recharge time, how many projectiles? 

If you want a useful compendium of the pet for people to look at, those are some tips!  Those numbers are kind of pointless to even mention as is

thanks for the info, ill try and get this info on here asap, trying nm2 right now then ill check how many hits it does in the 28 seconds, and try math out the damage and stuff

monk hero dmg 1656.2

so 14.5% of hero damage per tick.  Video kinda takes care of the rest

Looks like two ticks per second.  I'd guess it ticks 58 times in the duration (it does its first tick before the 120 sec cooldown starts like all abilities)

58 * 14.5% = 841%

841%/120 gives it a 7.0% hero damage/s

Really similar to Thunder-0's 153% hero damage every 12 seconds (or 13 if you count the 1 sec of dead time after activation to be more generous with the comparison) and its 11.8% hero damage a sec

As far as I understand that's a pretty poor damage conversion for both, though.  I guess I'd expect that of monthly reward pets?  But I don't have info for all pet abilities and the hero damage/second they do so I can't say just how bad it is.  The pet compilation thread could barely get people to correctly put the names/description down >.> let alone get accurate data, otherwise we'd know it all.  Maybe I should get started on a thread like that though.  Hmm.

For what it's worth, curse aura (got this ability 3 times) is 220% hero damage per cast on 12(call it 13) second cooldown which puts it at 16.9%/s being an AOE that has secondary effects. 

Another I've got and can vouch for is Gravebolt, single target, 7 sec CD (call it 8 though) for 371% HD.  So it's got 46%/s single target damage.  But again, it's got the secondary effect of a full heal

@Pachipachio quote:

so 14.5% of hero damage per tick.  Video kinda takes care of the rest

Looks like two ticks per second.  I'd guess it ticks 58 times in the duration (it does its first tick before the 120 sec cooldown starts like all abilities)

58 * 14.5% = 841%

841%/120 gives it a 7.0% hero damage/s

Really similar to Thunder-0's 153% hero damage every 12 seconds (or 13 if you count the 1 sec of dead time after activation to be more generous with the comparison) and it's 11.8% hero damage a sec

As far as I understand that's a pretty poor damage conversion for both, though.  I guess I'd expect that of monthly reward pets?  But I don't have info for all pet abilities and the hero damage/second they do so I can't say just how bad it is.  The pet compilation thread could barely get people to correctly put the names/description down >.> let alone get accurate data, otherwise we'd know it all.  Maybe I should get started on a thread like that though.  Hmm.

For what it's worth, curse aura (got this ability 3 times) is 220% hero damage per cast on 12(call it 13) second cooldown which puts it at 16.9%/s being an AOE that has secondary effects. 

Another I've got and can vouch for is Gravebolt, single target, 7 sec CD (call it 8 though) for 371% HD.  So it's got 46%/s single target damage.  But again, it's got the secondary effect of a full heal

i updated it in my post, but i counted each tick of damage and got approximately 88 ticks over the 28 seconds, so around 3 ticks per second dealing 14.5% each is 1276% hero dps, or 10.63/s as you converted

however keep in mind this is something you can run to a lane in trouble, place it, and run to another lane