Less Loot From Enemies?

"Adjusted the amount of loot that drops from Minibosses and SpecialEnemies slightly to compensate for the Victory Chest change. Players should get less loot from enemies and more from Victory Chests with better qualities."

Hotfix 6.2 Notes

The loot already didn't seem that great and now we are going to get less of it?

I am really not sure about this change either vSyn.

I was already upset that normal mobs no longer drop loot.  Lowering the amount special enemies drop seems backwards to me.

Yeah and onslaught mode will be more useless also...whatever....it's already useless(almost only green stuff from ogres).
Checked till 15 rounds...it's somethin' like 2-3 legs total for it...and realy much more time to complete =\ meh.

@Rose quote:

Yeah and onslaught mode will be more useless also...whatever....it's already useless(almost only green stuff from ogres).
Checked till 15 rounds...it's somethin' like 2-3 legs total for it...and realy much more time to complete =\ meh.

EXACTLY!

They are focusing on Completion rewards, but Onslaught is... not complete-able, sooo [[6360,hashtags]]/Survive is more like [[6360,hashtags]]/Completion

Sounds cool to me. We now get actual rewards from the victory chest, and they will be (for sure) good items. At least we will now feel rewarded for completing a map.

Onslaught, on the other hand...

they will be (for sure) good items.

Not necessarily.   Even if you don't care about passives you have a 1 in 64 chance of getting the statistic set you need.   If you add in passives it drops to 1 in 1920 (give or take depending on the passive).    We all know most of what drops is complete trash regardless of the IPwr level. 

I reserve my judgement though, I have yet to play after the changes.  Maybe the chests will be so good I will Jump for joy.

From my experience with the hotfix so far loot on special mobs still seems to be a tad buggy. Sometimes I'm getting loot other times I'm getting nothing. Is it intended? Perhaps but a better way to go about it would be to have all special mobs drop loot but have them drop one or two pieces less. Create the illusion so to speak :)

Victory chest today was a legendary and it gave me decent loot. So making chests more rewarding has been a success for this map at least. I will do more maps and get a wider spread for it.

Not tried onslaught but if it's the same as it's always been then it's not really intended to massive gear farm anyway is it? Besides I'm sure we can convince Trendy to create better rewards for onslaught when more mode specific loot is added into the game.

What I will say is that it is nice to get higher Ipwr gear now from NM1. The Insane to NM1 jump is now much nicer. You can't steam roll it but it's easier to progress now.

@Nefhith quote:

Sounds cool to me. We now get actual rewards from the victory chest, and they will be (for sure) good items. At least we will now feel rewarded for completing a map.

So you're saying that the loot is guaranteed to roll all perfect stats? Unless that's the case, it's pointless as *** when loot in general is garbage. 

I don't understand why you would nerf loot from enemies, to compensate for a victory chest when you still have a craptastic chance of seeing something you need.

They should make it so you choose item type AND class for loot in onslaught, so while there is still lots of randomness on stats you should be more likely to get the passives you want. Giving such a low chance to get an item with the stats AND passives you need, while being an upgrade in general, takes way too much loot grinding for anyone with poor loot luck.

Everyone bringing up onslaught not having an end chest are completely ignoring the fact that every set of waves gives a reward, onslaught is still the best for pretty much everything in this game even with the end chest in regular matches giving more loot. After running my 5 dailies the end chest does give more loot but it is still all crap (and the chest quality only guarentee's one item to be that quality, not all of it) even with all my chests being mythical and the special enemies don't seem to drop much less than they did before, regular mobs still don't drop loot at all. Combine the end chest change not amounting to much with the fact that they made pet food even rarer in regular matches, survival still remains the place to go for everything.

Trendy, ditch lockboxes and replace them with pet food, we don't need a dozen or more lockboxes every run, we need more pet food.

@Nefhith quote:

Onlsaught for sure.

@Finaldeath quote:

Everyone bringing up onslaught not having an end chest are completely ignoring the fact that every set of waves gives a reward, onslaught is still the best for pretty much everything in this game even with the end chest in regular matches giving more loot. After running my 5 dailies the end chest does give more loot but it is still all crap (and the chest quality only guarentee's one item to be that quality, not all of it) even with all my chests being mythical and the special enemies don't seem to drop much less than they did before, regular mobs still don't drop loot at all. Combine the end chest change not amounting to much with the fact that they made pet food even rarer in regular matches, survival still remains the place to go for everything.

Trendy, ditch lockboxes and replace them with pet food, we don't need a dozen or more lockboxes every run, we need more pet food.

Go farm onslaught only. Cause it's just as viable right? :)

Everyone knows those Onslaught rewards are 95% crap.

------------

I just beat a few NM3 maps all the way through, did they feel rewarding... Yea, they felt rewarding, but I didn't actually get an upgrade, I like the new victory chest, pretty sweet, but you don't have to make it the only/best way to farm loot.

LOOT AND SURVIVE! Where's the loot for survival? (onslaught)

[[93679,users]], out of curiosity, are you farming NM3 with NM4 gear that you were able to complete with the help of the frosty builds, or did you have NM3 gear and lower?

@vSyNd quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Onlsaught for sure.

@Finaldeath quote:

Go farm onslaught only. Cause it's just as viable right? :)

Everyone knows those Onslaught rewards are 95% crap.

------------

I just beat a few NM3 maps all the way through, did they feel rewarding... Yea, they felt rewarding, but I didn't actually get an upgrade, I like the new victory chest, pretty sweet, but you don't have to make it the only/best way to farm loot.

LOOT AND SURVIVE! Where's the loot for survival? (onslaught)

For people not yet on nm it is absolutely the best way to farm and even for people on nm it is the ONLY way to get xp while still being able to get relevant loot since endgame doesn't give xp and freeplay doesn't have lvl 50 gear. Sure, you are probably not going to be getting nm4 quality gear in it but you can get most everything else on top of unique things that are only obtainable through onslaught, last i checked regular matches didn't have anything you can't get elsewhere other than betsy weapons which are 100% useless now that the main parts of builds are on the weapon and afaik don't show up on betsy weapons.

@Surandra quote:

vSynd, out of curiosity, are you farming NM3 with NM4 gear that you were able to complete with the help of the frosty builds, or did you have NM3 gear and lower?

This sounds like a great question to ask when I am streaming. Come by some time.

http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3

@Finaldeath quote:

For people not yet on nm it is absolutely the best way to farm and even for people on nm it is the ONLY way to get xp while still being able to get relevant loot since endgame doesn't give xp and freeplay doesn't have lvl 50 gear. Sure, you are probably not going to be getting nm4 quality gear in it but you can get most everything else on top of unique things that are only obtainable through onslaught, last i checked regular matches didn't have anything you can't get elsewhere other than betsy weapons which are 100% useless now that the main parts of builds are on the weapon and afaik don't show up on betsy weapons.

This information just isn't true. I mean, your words "best way to farm" ARE kinda vague, so there is some truth to it, but it's more of just not true.

Can you list all of the Unique Things that are only obtainable through onslaught please?

Only the Bests Map has Unique Items?... Have you ever played Ramparts?

For anyone looking for information on the game, please ignore most of what was said here.

-----------------------------------

I have only been able to see what the patch notes say, I am still testing what the loot feels like in game, but the decrease in loot drop is a big eye soar when reading the notes, and just yells at me.

There are still many tests that need to be done to find out if it's better, all I know is... it's most definitely worse for Onslaught Players, as nothing in the notes said Onslaught rewards got a buff due to the lack of drops that will be dropping from the bosses.

@vSyNd quote:
@Surandra quote:

vSynd, out of curiosity, are you farming NM3 with NM4 gear that you were able to complete with the help of the frosty builds, or did you have NM3 gear and lower?

This sounds like a great question to ask when I am streaming. Come by some time.

http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3

Hah, fair enough - I just might.

@vSyNd quote:
@Finaldeath quote:

This information just isn't true. I mean, your words "best way to farm" ARE kinda vague, so there is some truth to it, but it's more of just not true.

Can you list all of the Unique Things that are only obtainable through onslaught please?

Only the Bests Map has Unique Items?... Have you ever played Ramparts?

For anyone looking for information on the game, please ignore most of what was said here.

Ok, please tell me where i can get both xp/pet affection as well as level 50 gear, or tell me another mode you can get wyvern tokens other than quests or where to farm pet food without running normal maps a million times getting 2-3 pet boxes each run which are not always food to evolve a pet once, or the best mode to farm gold.

Here is a link to the wiki about info copied directly from the loot & survive patch page that talks about unique rewards in onslaught. http://dungeondefenders2.wikia.com/wiki/Onslaught_Mode Examples of said unique rewards are the gold pets, and a few unique weapons.

Not to mention every single thread where people ask how to do anything farm related in this game always has nothing but "farm onslaught" in the replies.

What unique passive drops only on ramparts?

I will quote you on your reply to me "For anyone looking for information on the game, please ignore most of what was said here.".

@Finaldeath quote:

Ok, please tell me where i can get both xp/pet affection as well as level 50 gear, or tell me another mode you can get wyvern tokens other than quests or where to farm pet food without running normal maps a million times getting 2-3 pet boxes each run which are not always food to evolve a pet once, or the best mode to farm gold.

Here is a link to the wiki about info copied directly from the loot & survive patch page that talks about unique rewards in onslaught. http://dungeondefenders2.wikia.com/wiki/Onslaught_Mode Examples of said unique rewards are the gold pets, and a few unique weapons.

Not to mention every single thread where people ask how to do anything farm related in this game always has nothing but "farm onslaught" in the replies.

I will quote you on your reply to me "For anyone looking for information on the game, please ignore most of what was said here.".

The link... is a joke, doesn't even list ONE unique item that drops.

Wyvern tokens... please tell me you're joking, if you are farming tokens that way you are wasting your time... XD

Pet food, yea maybe, i do it for pet food. which is where you're vaguely right.

You didn't even know Ramparts dropped Unique weapons, I'm done arguing with you...

@vSyNd quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

The link... is a joke, doesn't even list ONE unique item that drops.

Wyvern tokens... please tell me you're joking, if you are farming tokens that way you are wasting your time... XD

Pet food, yea maybe, i do it for pet food. which is where you're vaguely right.

You didn't even know Ramparts dropped Unique weapons, I'm done arguing with you...

How is it a joke? It is a direct quote from the official change log for the loot and survive patch. I don't personally run onslaught because i hate it with a passion so i can't say exactly what those unique items are but they do exist.

i don't farm them that way but the point is that you can and it is the only way in the entire game to do so outside of quests.

As for Ramparts, link me to where i can find info about said uniques on Ramparts. I don't run the map because i don't care for it and google doesn't bring anything up when searching for Ramparts uniques.

But glad you are done arguing because all you are doing is making yourself look like a moron. I asked you several times to provide alternatives to many different forms of farming and you haven't given a single alternative for any of them.

You wont get lv50 items AND adequate xp from onslaught though.  Endgame maps all have nerfed xp gains

Unique weapons from onslaught aren't good.  They're all the 'gain charge for killing x mob'  I've seen them all - nothing special.  Decent way to farm a 700ipwr legendary so long as you only need 2 passive slots and don't need a different unique weapon passive.

Rampart unique weapons are really good.  Huntress one shreds defense of enemies.  Albeit it was nerfed last patch.  Squire weapon gives about 200 defense power to all defenses around him.  And monk weapon is the one with the serenity aura passive.

Also, for what it's worth... the official change logs aren't always very accurate.  If that's the only place you'll accept info from you'll be very out of touch with how the game actually functions >.>; they sneak things into patches and sometimes the things they announce don't work as intended.  Likewise, data on the internet just doesn't really exist for this game.  Most of this community doesn't care about being accurate with their findings so they wouldn't even be capable of communicating their findings on here (see: most threads), much less have the resolve/altruism to organize it and publish it out there somewhere.

@Finaldeath quote:

How is it a joke? It is a direct quote from the official change log for the loot and survive patch. I don't personally run onslaught because i hate it with a passion so i can't say exactly what those unique items are but they do exist.

i don't farm them that way but the point is that you can and it is the only way in the entire game to do so outside of quests.

As for Ramparts, link me to where i can find info about said uniques on Ramparts. I don't run the map because i don't care for it and google doesn't bring anything up when searching for Ramparts uniques.

But glad you are done arguing because all you are doing is making yourself look like a moron. I asked you several times to provide alternatives to many different forms of farming and you haven't given a single alternative for any of them.

And the truth comes out.

I don't think you deserve a link. Sorry, gonna have to beat that map and find out.

Hint: It has to be the Incursion Version of Ramparts. Also the map is hard, so make sure someone carries you.

I give the best advice I have to those who are worthy of it. Don't believe me? Ask my viewers, they use my advice and I get thanks all the time. :)

--------------------------

So about that loot, I really am enjoying the big box in the end. But I am sure previous patch notes stated normal mobs would drop loot, and they simply don't. What's going on with that? I'd really like for the patch notes and the game to match each other. Luckily the last patch notes did match. :D

@Pachipachio quote:

You wont get lv50 items AND adequate xp from onslaught though.  Endgame maps all have nerfed xp gains

Unique weapons from onslaught aren't good.  They're all the 'gain charge for killing x mob'  I've seen them all - nothing special.  Decent way to farm a 700ipwr legendary so long as you only need 2 passive slots and don't need a different unique weapon passive.

Rampart unique weapons are really good.  Huntress one shreds defense of enemies.  Albeit it was nerfed last patch.  Squire weapon gives about 200 defense power to all defenses around him.  And monk weapon is the one with the serenity aura passive.

Also, for what it's worth... the official change logs aren't always very accurate.  If that's the only place you'll accept info from you'll be very out of touch with how the game actually functions >.>; they sneak things into patches and sometimes the things they announce don't work as intended.  Likewise, data on the internet just doesn't really exist for this game.  Most of this community doesn't care about being accurate with their findings so they wouldn't even be capable of communicating their findings on here (see: most threads), much less have the resolve/altruism to organize it and publish it out there somewhere.

To be fair though unique weapons are mostly useless thanks to the new builds and only having enough deck slots for one of each builder with no spares for a dps. But the thing is though that onslaught gives both xp and gear, a little xp from onslaught is better than virtually none in endgame.

I don't go off only what patch notes say, i go off what i can find and i couldn't find anything about any unique gear from ramparts, where as googling for onslaught uniques the first hit was the loot and survive patch notes which i linked to him because he was acting like onslaught didn't have uniques.

He just keeps focusing on a single part of my post (unique drops) while completely ignoring everything else.

@vSyNd quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

And the truth comes out.

I don't think you deserve a link. Sorry, gonna have to beat that map and find out.

Hint: It has to be the Incursion Version of Ramparts. Also the map is hard, so make sure someone carries you.

I give the best advice I have to those who are worthy of it. Don't believe me? Ask my viewers, they use my advice and I get thanks all the time. :)

What truth? That you like to grab one small part of someone's post and ignore the rest? That you like to do nothing but start arguments for no reason while ignoring the entire point of my post which is farming alternatives?

@Tristaris quote:

@Nefhith quote:

So you're saying that the loot is guaranteed to roll all perfect stats? Unless that's the case, it's pointless as *** when loot in general is garbage. 

I don't understand why you would nerf loot from enemies, to compensate for a victory chest when you still have a craptastic chance of seeing something you need.

Calm down. It won't be perfect loot, but it will for sure have a higher chance to be better than what you get the whole game, and in the games I played in the last hours, the victory chest more than makes up for it. I also got 4 legendary chests, 1 mythical and 3 greens, which is a REALLY good reward for finishing a map.

They nerfed the loot from enemies to make winning more rewarding, so you have a reason to actually finish the map other than to just be able to start it again and kill more enemies for their loot.

@Finaldeath quote:

To be fair though unique weapons are mostly useless thanks to the new builds and only having enough deck slots for one of each builder with no spares for a dps. But the thing is though that onslaught gives both xp and gear, a little xp from onslaught is better than virtually none in endgame.

I don't go off only what patch notes say, i go off what i can find and i couldn't find anything about any unique gear from ramparts, where as googling for onslaught uniques the first hit was the loot and survive patch notes which i linked to him because he was acting like onslaught didn't have uniques.

He just keeps focusing on a single part of my post (unique drops) while completely ignoring everything else.

Onslaught endgame gives the same "virtually no xp" though.  That was a point he was making

Only the siphon site D onslaught in NON-endgame gives good xp

@Pachipachio quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

Onslaught endgame gives the same "virtually no xp" though.  That was a point he was making

Only the siphon site D onslaught in NON-endgame gives good xp

I have only been in one endgame onslaught and i got just as many pet affection levels over the course of like 8 sets as i get from about a dozen full insane endgame runs which take far longer to do than those onslaught sets. Sure the xp is not as good as freeplay but i never said it did, what i DID say (or at least implying) was that onslaught gives the same xp rates (if not more) as a as regular map run while also giving good loot as well as giving access to unique things (like wyvern tokens, gold pets ect.) that are not obtainable elsewhere. I also never said other parts of the game didn't have uniques as well, only that i wasn't aware of any others outside of betsy, and even if i did that doesn't change the fact that onslaught does have uniques that other modes or maps do not have.

I also asked him for alternatives for those things without gimping yourself (by only getting low level gear or not getting.

But anyway i am done arguing with you guys. I only posted here to bring up the fact that everyone completely ignored which was that onslaught gives rewards other than just drops so the fact that special enemies drop less (only thing they drop less that i have noticed so far is pet food so ya) is hardly a shaft towards onslaught. Everyone was making it seem like onslaught was getting the shaft when in fact is is no worse than it was before and still have a huge advantage over normal runs with the chest thanks to being able to get things in much higher quantities than normal maps while still keeping the same xp gain as regular maps of the same type.

@Finaldeath quote:

But anyway i am done arguing with you guys. I only posted here to bring up the fact that everyone completely ignored which was that onslaught gives rewards other than just drops so the fact that special enemies drop less (only thing they drop less that i have noticed so far is pet food so ya) is hardly a shaft towards onslaught. Everyone was making it seem like onslaught was getting the shaft when in fact is is no worse than it was before and still have a huge advantage over normal runs with the chest thanks to being able to get things in much higher quantities than normal maps while still keeping the same xp gain as regular maps of the same type.

...but it is worse than before

That was the original point. 

It's not really disputable

You can add, "but it's still the best place to get pet food", "but it has unique weapons", "but I gained a lot of pet affection the one time I ran it", "it has unique eggs and wyvern token drops" or whatever else but those statements have nothing to do with the fact that it is objectively worse now than it was before since it doesn't benefit from the buff chests got, which was literally meant (as per notes) to offset the lost loot from the special enemy nerf.  All the things you mentioned were in onslaught before the patch.  So.. now, after the patch, with drop rates nerfed on special enemies... it's worse!  Nobody was ignoring anything

You really haven't been through all of the game and you're demanding people take your advice seriously.  It isn't all that fair tbh.  Please understand. 
In your first post you say onslaught is the best for pretty much everything... I challenge you to farm gear from onslaught.  It'll only work if:

•  you're heavily over geared with much higher ipwr than required, defeating the purpose
  • or have the right passive/stat rolls on a bunch of legendary gear
 Which would only happen in the 650+ ipwr range for someone who's putting in the "finishing touches" on their gear.  Which, I doubt anybody is that close considering even if you cheesed NM4 runs the drop rate on legendaries is low... compounded with the chance of getting the rolls you need low make for an impossibly low chance anyone out there is seriously grinding onslaught for gear.