Sign in to follow this  
tonyb

#(@*$*&)_!*(_)

Liferoot NM2, Wave 3.

In one lane... 15 Drakens, 4 Dark Mages, 2 Witherbeasts, and a handful of trash all with Trollblood and Health+.   A special boss (Skeleton guy) was also in the lane.  Though lets be honest, the Special boss didn't really matter. 

I can clear the map most of the time... when I lose it is due to RNG like the above.   As a solo player, I didn't stand a chance.

Not complaining, just sharing.  Go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

That is pretty much how all my nm1 runs are going. Trying to shift into nm1 and i end up getting trash waves like this right out of the gate every time. Those drakes are hands down the worst enemies in the game imo, they have massive health pools and hit multiple defenses like trucks and are ranged. When i fail in any mode or difficulty it is almost always because of drakes.

Latest Hotfix notes: 

*Reduced Orcs and Drakins in all threats for Nightmare
*Reduced number of groups coming out in early threats

;)

Lol, yeah I know.  It happened about 30 minutes before maintenance.  When I looked at the lineup coming out before the wave I chuckled cause I had just read the patch notes.  It seemed kind of like you guys were trying to get me to log off early.

Hm... To me, honestly, amount of Drakin and Orcs (especially, since they are mellee) did not really matter THAT much. However, what really seemed weird, was Drakin amounts of HP were looking ugly when mixed with their damage... They literally hit much more than an Orc did, but having an advantage due to their range (Comparing both because they stand on the same level: Heavy artilery for mellee - Orc and for ranged - Drakin).
Drakin were probably the worst opponents to have at wave 8, when threat lane appeared to be neither of the Ogres'. 
In my opinion, the amount of Drakin HP was more of an issue rather than a number enemies. The number (2-4, not sure. Think it was 4?) was alright, to be honest. It did not feel "unbalanced". Their tankyness, though, felt "unusual" or "unbalanced", even. 

@Finaldeath quote:

That is pretty much how all my nm1 runs are going. Trying to shift into nm1 and i end up getting trash waves like this right out of the gate every time. Those drakes are hands down the worst enemies in the game imo, they have massive health pools and hit multiple defenses like trucks and are ranged. When i fail in any mode or difficulty it is almost always because of drakes.

Not really sure what the deal with this unit is supposed to be. They hit multiple targets, have huge range, do high damage, AND are one of the tankiest units in the entire game. Why? Just... why? What is the point? It is the one unit where I truly feel like no balance/design effort was given. What is their niche or downside? I would take a boss over a ton of these things no problem. Not to say they make the game unplayable, just that they are the embodiment of terrible design. Would like to see them adjusted to be more interesting rather than a wall of stats and traits.

@Xengre quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

Not really sure what the deal with this unit is supposed to be. They hit multiple targets, have huge range, do high damage, AND are one of the tankiest units in the entire game. Why? Just... why? What is the point? It is the one unit where I truly feel like no balance/design effort was given. What is their niche or downside? I would take a boss over a ton of these things no problem. Not to say they make the game unplayable, just that they are the embodiment of terrible design. Would like to see them adjusted to be more interesting rather than a wall of stats and traits.

The thing with them though is not just them in numbers, the biggest problem is when they come with a load of lesser enemies like goblins so your defenses will focus on them while the drakes go to town on your walls and anything behind them. Depending on your gear on your builders the initial set could be there nearly the entire wave because by the time your towers get through the trash that spawned with them more are already on it's way down the lane. The deciding factor on if you can handle a particular map is almost always down to if you can kill the drakes fast enough when they spawn like this, most everything else that spawns doesn't really matter. At least when they are the only thing that spawns in that particular lane it wouldn't really matter how many come because your towers are able to get at them and if too many are out at once half of them aren't able to get close enough to even attack.

But on a side note, i don't really get why people call orcs the melee equivalent of the draken, if anything the manbearpigs are the melee equivalent, they have fairly high health and hit much harder than orcs do in my experience. But then again that could just be because the manbearpigs spawn in much larger groups than orcs do so the total damage from all of them combined is more.

Manbearpigs (= warboars xD) have a natural resistance to magic, so you're basically scr*wed when you get them in a phys resist lane, because they then have phys AND magic resist.

Don't know if Trendy has reduced or removed the natural resistances of the mobs though, but it seems like the warboars still have quite the punch

Natural resistances were supposed to be removed when lane-wide resistances were removed.  Warboars are tough because they have both health and numbers.  Individually their health is not the highest in the game, but I would estimate that the usual pack of about ten of them has the highest combined health.

Orcs on the other hand come in ones or twos, and quite often die before they can reach my towers.  Drakkins are similar in health and group size but get to spit at the towers because of their range.

@lll_vrede_lll quote:

Manbearpigs (= warboars xD) have a natural resistance to magic, so you're basically scr*wed when you get them in a phys resist lane, because they then have phys AND magic resist.

Don't know if Trendy has reduced or removed the natural resistances of the mobs though, but it seems like the warboars still have quite the punch

I know their actual name is warboars but they remind me so much of manbearpig from southpark hence the nickname, anyone who has seen southpark will understand and forever be unable to think of them as anything else :P.