Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Hotfix 6.2

Balance

• Nightmare balance updates

• Reduced Wave Count to 7 on all End Game difficulties to reduce the time of a Nightmare run

• Reduced enemy levels across NM1 - NM3

• Reduced Orcs and Drakins in all threats for Nightmare

• Reduced number of groups coming out in early threats

• Added breaks into the groups coming out to match other schedules’ functionality

• Adjusted threats to be more solo friendly on EG Insane

• Fixed Special Enemy and Ogre spawns on all End Game difficulties.

• iPwr range distribution chances in Nightmare were changed to have higher iPwr items appear more often.

• Victory Chests across the entire game (minus campaign) should now drop items within the upper half of the reward iPwr Range. This will hopefully make Victory Chests more rewarding.

• Victory Chests should now spawn with higher tiers more often.

• Victory Chests now drop items as follows:

• Normal Chests: drop 5 items

• Win of the Day Chests give 2 extra items

• Super Win of the Day Chests give 4 extra items

• Pet consumable quantity from Victory Chests reduced by 1

• Chance to see items for other heroes increased. This was done to help players that use DPS heroes in Nightmare get gear for their builders.

• Adjusted the amount of loot that drops from Minibosses and SpecialEnemies slightly to compensate for the Victory Chest change. Players should get less loot from enemies and more from Victory Chests with better qualities.

• Adjusted the buildable area around spawn locations on some maps.

Features

• Added ability to resize launcher. If you were unable to see the Play button on the launcher, you should now be able to resize the launcher until you see it!

• In a private game, when the leader selects Replay or To Tavern on the Summary Screen, the game will now immediately transition to that option.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where some players could not proceed past the Defend the Ramparts/Defend the Throne Room quests.

• Fixed an issue where Xpadder support wasn’t working properly. Please let us know if this is working properly for you now!

• Fixed an issue where Frostbite Towers built backwards near other tower clusters would grant a damage bonus to those towers without having to fire.

• Fixed an issue where dragging pets from the All My Pets inventory in the Stables to the equipped slot sends pets to the Scavenger.

• Fixed incorrect evolution recipes for gold versions of the gato (fledgling) and dragon (elder) stages.

• The Monk's Betsy Polearm weapon no longer drops with Hero Damage as both the primary and secondary stat or with Defense Speed as a secondary stat.

• Fixed an issue where the Elemental Chaos Trap’s placement footprint was not properly mirroring the same placement rules as the Proximity Mine.

• Fixed an issue where the Recruiter and Magical Interference 2 challenges were rewarding XP as challenges should only be rewarding gold.

• Fixed an issue where the Gran Master said she was rewarding the player with a Movement Speed IV Skill Sphere when she actually grants a Movement Speed V sphere.

• Fixed an issue where the Gran Master was not properly rewarding the correct Critical Damage spheres for the fourth quest.

• Fixed an issue where pet reroll numbers were sometimes off by 1 point.

• Fixed another issue where a rerolled pet’s stats were not as high as the reroll process said it would be.

• Fixed an issue where the "G up to continue" message slides off screen at the start of the end game countdown.

• Fixed an issue where the Power Pole and Spiral Energy passives were not working.

• Fixed an issue where the player is slowed if attacked by an enemy affected by a Serenity Aura with the Idle Flow passive activated.

• Fixed an issue where the doors near the southern spawns in Throne Room did not have collision.

• Fixed the spelling of “exterior” on a lane billboard.

• Fixed the billboards on each Special Enemy and Miniboss spawner to say “Incoming!”

• Fixed the ability to build inside a few spawners.

• Fixed each lane’s spawn zone to have better tower prevention radiuses.

• Added a potential fix for a Concussive Shots explosion decal issue.

"Adjusted the amount of loot that drops from Minibosses and SpecialEnemies slightly to compensate for the Victory Chest change. Players should get less loot from enemies and more from Victory Chests with better qualities."

Hope this doesn't apply to onslaught.

well I will say it all looks good on paper I hope this works for you guys I see nothing but good things in these patch notes gratz.

@iamisom quote:
  • Chance to see items for other heroes increased. This was done to help players that use DPS heroes in Nightmare get gear for their builders.

Does this mean you've actually implemented loot biasing at some point?  Can I expect to actually see builder items drop when playing a builder and all heroes on my deck being builders?  Based on my previous experience (before 6.0 since I was on a vacation trip for a week and couldn't play) at least 80% of items are either dps items or junk items with mixed stats.

Looks good!

Have you ever thought about getting rid of the arcane lockboxes? I know nobody who ever opened any, it's a lottery, waste of tokens and takes place from useful loot. No flame, just a thought :)

@iamisom quote:

Seriously?  It currently takes literally hundreds of pet food for the second evolution and I can only imagine more for those beyond it.  And now you reduce the amount of pet food we'll be getting?  You might as well delete evolutions beyond the first completely!

@Andurian quote:

@iamisom quote:

Seriously?  It currently takes literally hundreds of pet food for the second evolution and I can only imagine more for those beyond it.  And now you reduce the amount of pet food we'll be getting?  You might as well delete evolutions beyond the first completely!

^^ this!!! And since we literally don't have gold income but all the prices rocketed to the sky we don't have money to spend on pet food either. Just couple of examples besides the sphere prices: pet reroll 50k, unlock costume parts 100k...

Very welcome all the fixes and balances but would like to see them in the economy too in the near future :)

Always excited to get into the new patch. Unfortunate to see the NM rounds reduced to seven though. I felt it was long at first with underpowered gear (as it should be) but it hit a sweet spot when upgrades were found. 

Thanks guys! I know this is an iterative process and will take several tweaks to get things right. Thanks for listening to the community. Unfortunately you will always have some % of people who don't like the changes ... you can't please all of the people all of the time. As long as you try to make the majority of players happy you will be doing well.

One positive suggestion in terms of balancing nightmare ... imo buffing hero health and damage would add to the fun factor, at least for me and I suspect others as well. I'm not saying that a 100% active hero should be required to beat maps, I'm simply saying that having a dps hero be more effective would add to player satisfaction and enjoyment. To the extent that a hero is just a repair person and not actually killing real threats the game is less satisfying and more tedious. I know this is a delicate balance, but I have fond memories of DD1 where my dps hero was meaningful. How long did you spend in front of a training dummy in DD1 testing your hero dps and trying to maximize it? How long do you spend in DD2? I personally spend virtually no time in DD2 testing hero dps as it is virtually a non issue. In nightmare I would say that a x2 buff to hero health and damage would help balance and increase FUN!

"Fixed an issue where Frostbite Towers built backwards near other tower clusters would grant a damage bonus to those towers without having to fire."

So when can we expect buffs to towers or nerfs to the frostbite effect? My choices in a magic resist lane come down to either a 1000dps single target cannonball vs a 500dps AOE trap that gets doubled or more with every frostbite tower i pretty much am left with only one choice.

@Funatikz quote:

Always excited to get into the new patch. Unfortunate to see the NM rounds reduced to seven though. I felt it was long at first with underpowered gear (as it should be) but it hit a sweet spot when upgrades were found. 

You took the words from my mouth  :) 

Why is there no mention of Scavenger fixes of some sort?  At the very least, anything left on the ground should go to him so I can grab it later...

Seriously need to up the amount of gold we get for selling gear.

Why doesn't it equate to 1 gold per IPWR can't get any simpler than that.

Also upgrading gear should be 1 gold per IPWR invested after the gimme first upgrade.

A MASSIVE THUMBS DOWN on this "Adjusted the amount of loot that drops from Minibosses and SpecialEnemies slightly to compensate for the Victory Chest change. Players should get less loot from enemies and more from Victory Chests with better qualities."

What happens if you can't get to the victory chest, you have been adjusted down for several waves for nothing, very poor idea.

@zsolesz79 quote:

@Andurian quote:

@iamisom quote:

^^ this!!! And since we literally don't have gold income but all the prices rocketed to the sky we don't have money to spend on pet food either. Just couple of examples besides the sphere prices: pet reroll 50k, unlock costume parts 100k...

Very welcome all the fixes and balances but would like to see them in the economy too in the near future :)

From end game chests guys.... this means 1 less pet consumable from each game you win, this is not a big deal at all.

My Dream Patch messages:

Gold Prices Adjusted on Pets,Spheres,Clothing down from super grindy to normal.

Trap Damage Rebalanced made it so Huntress Trap isnt the only Viable option in end game now. Ubers are now Really Uber they prove usefull in call cases.

Scavenger shot to the Moon. TiB reintroduced.

Frosty now buffs Towers near it. Its now a new Feature Rejoice.

Drops made ways cooler more Tower stat drops,we reduced Hero stat drops from 80% of times to 20% and introduced Tower stat drops to the game again while increasing the randomness of Gear stats and increasing % of Secondary effect randomness as well  in order to increase the time to find the best piece of gear instead of Gear being just Trash can drops 99% of the time.Since this is a Tower defense Game with very lil Hero dps added we tought that could be fun.Added a Option for the Player to choose if he likes more Tower or more Hero drops. Once we fix Hero Damage this could prove usefull.

Pets Affection lvl now Grows as long as you equip the Hero with a Pet 5 Hours per Affection lvl you dont need to play :) or Affection lvls removed Pet lvls made way less grindy to feed up. Pets can now be stored in Normal Bags so you can sort them to your Hero Gear.

Thats something i really would have liked :). But i like the Chest one alot. Just the Pet food could have even increased to like it drops 50 Pet foods now so you just need 1 Month playing upgrading 1 pet to max.

But anyway waiting for it to be fixed to be playable again. Thanks for the update.

@Professor_Valconian quote:

The monk does still have a boost aura which is available for squire cannons.

I'd love boosts to be another competitive alternative to the OP freeze ez tower again. But i mean look at that, my aura gives a bonus 189 DP for 10 more mana cost, it would be silly to try this with towers over traps/auras and freeze.

Edit: Incase its hard to read, thats 210 bonus DPS on top of my 10% bonus from relic.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

@Seph quote:

@Funatikz quote:

You took the words from my mouth  :) 

Still a lot of balancing left in this game so not overly concerned though.