I remember in DD1 there was a bonus that was given to stats when you wore gear of the same "branding" (Epic, Powerful, Legendary, etc).  I've been told that this is not something that was rolled over to DD2.  If there was a good reason for it, I understand, but I think it is something that would be a nice addition. :)

Oh yes please!! but than a nice way to figure out not 100 diffreng Gear like DDe ... more like 4 diffrent - leather,clothe,iron ...

Unless DD2 intends to implement a comprehensive sort/filter tool to the inventory/loot system, I'd say no thank you to this idea.

@Carbala quote:

Unless DD2 intends to implement a comprehensive sort/filter tool to the inventory/loot system, I'd say no thank you to this idea.

U don't need it to agree with this idea, unless u're not able to sort items day after day by urself. This idea is good, but idk if they will be able to make a bonus without making a bug and wipe everything, let's see.

I'd like to see gear set bonuses return as well as more item rarities (above legendary) 

@Colonel Rambo quote:

@Carbala quote:

U don't need it to agree with this idea, unless u're not able to sort items day after day by urself. This idea is good, but idk if they will be able to make a bonus without making a bug and wipe everything, let's see.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see the gear set bonus to return, I'm saying that with the current inventory setup and it's lack of sufficient usability (i.e. a filter/sort system), the soup of loot created in DD1 would be impossible to deal with in DD2.  Inventory capacity is drastically smaller in DD2 and there's no good means as of yet to deal with overflow.  So trying to collect not only pieces to finish sets, but also optimum versions for both dps and builder versions of set pieces for multiple toons would be it's own little Nightmare mode even more daunting than the one we currently have.

Personally I think gear bonuses are unnecessary. All they do is increase the power of the character involved.

I'd much rather see set bonuses that change how your character plays and interacts than simply more power being directly given to the character. The easier fix would simply be to increase the ratios for power, or give more power to the items themselves instead of having a way to arbitrarily inflate the power and then balance around the inflated value instead of the actual value. It just doesn't seem worth the time.

Then from a player's perspective, do you really want to be farming more in order to find perfect stats that are ALSO in a specific category? It would require more inventory space, etc... just doesn't seem like a good decision in general.

@Carbala quote:

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see the gear set bonus to return, I'm saying that with the current inventory setup and it's lack of sufficient usability (i.e. a filter/sort system), the soup of loot created in DD1 would be impossible to deal with in DD2. 

Yeah then u're right, but an idea to grow here needs alot of "likes" or thread replies, then i think we just need to say it's a good idea anyway, and yes the sort thread is another good idea, then we will have a good combo :)

@Surandra quote:

Then from a player's perspective, do you really want to be farming more in order to find perfect stats that are ALSO in a specific category? It would require more inventory space, etc... just doesn't seem like a good decision in general.

No, but it would be a great help to grow from sh*t gear to nm build, since what u drop in insane is bad, full set of bad with bonus will be cool. And when u do nm3/4, u try to make full set of mythic or legend, aren't u? So, it will be cool to have the bonus anyway, since it's a bonus u don't need it to progress, but it helps if u have it, so definitely yes.

@Colonel Rambo quote:
@Surandra quote:

No, but it would be a great help to grow from sh*t gear to nm build, since what u drop in insane is bad, full set of bad with bonus will be cool. And when u do nm3/4, u try to make full set of mythic or legend, aren't u? So, it will be cool to have the bonus anyway, since it's a bonus u don't need it to progress, but it helps if u have it, so definitely yes.

Right, so you're essentially asking for a smoother progression from insane to nightmare - so why not simply do that instead of adding a gear bonus. For instance, say the ipwr right now is 150-250 right now for insane. The set bonus could make it an inflated 200-300, so why not simply expand the range to begin with to be 150-300 or 200-300 instead of inserting a system to inflate ipwr that the devs would have to balance around? It doesn't really bring any interesting dynamic to the game unless you're into set collecting. However, if you're into set collecting, wouldn't it just be cooler if you had a full set of gear that allowed you to shoot 2 fireballs instead of 1, or let your harpoons be fire harpoons? 

Those kind of sets bring interesting dynamics to the game with power increases. I personally am not into flat stat increase bonuses for the sake of stat increases because there are just smarter and easier ways to get that accomplished.