The good, the bad and the ugly about DD2 current state (check Hot for free gems info)

On Steam for limited time:

Grave Danger Costume Pack
Includes:
3,000 gems
4 skeleton costumes (limited edition, one for each hero, worth 400 gems each, pic below)
Headless Horseman Premium Pet (you get the egg, gotta hatch it, worths 400 gems, pic below)
Bone Collector title (exclusive)
Price: $30 (a.k.a. $29.99)

Comming soon:

- october 21st: patch 7.6
- october 27th: ascension pack, part 2 ("two new Spooky maps, Incursions, new minibosses, new build items and other awesomeness")

Hot:

Due to the high-Traffic issues experienced last weekend, all players who log in between oct. 21st (wednesday) after next patch goes live and oct. 27th will get 100 free gems.
Monthly mission requirements were significantly lowered. Also people who unlock monthly before oct. 27th will get the monthly pet, regardless of completing the monthly, due to the reset monthly goal. Yes, free pet for everyone. Pet will be received by ingame mail when Ascension: Part II goes live. Source.
Pet inventory space added to pet hatcher. You can now have up to 80 slots (200 gems for 8 slots, 350 gems for 16)
New skeleton costumes added (400 gems each from costume seller or from Steam pack, pic below)

LKdbLvT.jpg

Latest patch notes:

hotfix 7.5

Highlights:

- Campaign normal rebalanced
- Fixed bug that made monthly mission reset
- Halved monthly mission requirements (more than halved, check "Monthly Mission" below)

hotfix 7.4 (bunches of bug fixes)

hotfix 7.3

- Fixed an issue where chat was broken for some players. (yeah, that's all)

hotfix 7.2

Highlights:

- Added more room for pets (more info below)
- Added new skeleton costumes (400 gems each, available only until nov. 2nd, pics below, Steam info above)
- Auto-collect is now per wave
- Item enhancement and pet costs reduced

Ascension patch notes
Highlights:
- open alpha on oct. 13th
- part 2 on oct. 27th
- new stat point system
- larger blockades, towers and auras
- weapon modifications
- new passives and skill spheres
- added tooltips for missions and quests (shows rewards)
- ballance changes
- new premium pet: Headless Horseman (400 gems, from upgrading creeper egg, pic below)

Monthly Mission:

Kill 75 30 Skeleton Special Enemies
Find 75 35 Legendary Items
Win 25 10 Incursions
* Due to a bug that was resetting monthly progression, requirements were cut by more than half.

Latest devstream:

41: Mysterious foe

Bugs:

Droped mana still disappearing when opening mana chest. Collect your mana before opening it.

When you evolve a pet, it doesn't show the new stats, only after you change hero and then change back.

When you change a character in hero deck, you can't see all the pet stats of the new hero, only after you close inventory and open again.
When trying to join games and there is no game to join, you get a new time counter and get stuck on it (quick match).

Full screen window mode is not working and not all the windowed resolutions are available.

Sometimes minimap disappears, specially in Liferoot Forest.

Some lane resistances/paths are not showing in throne room.

Not all special enemies are counting as special enemies.

Daily quests not reseting properly. Sometimes you get none, sometimes you get 3 at once. Possible solution: send dailies back to tavern keeper.

Sometimes when you reroll dailies you get 2x of the same to chose from. Maybe fixed.

Sometimes when you click an item to sell he isn't mar for sale. If you click it again, it sells for negative money. Seems fixed

Enemies passing through barriers. Possible solution: make barriers higher. happens a lot in crossroad forest north lane. Seems to be working better. Making barriers bigger did the work, I guess.

Reroll consumables always go to bag 1, even if you move them. Fixed

Throne Room and Ramparts are not counting towards quest progression (if you are stuck, file a ticket so support team can manually unlock them for you). Fixed

Daily tokens not reseting properly. Fixed

Chat is not working properly for some people. When you press enter, nothing happens, so you can read, but you can't type. Workaround: open console and type "say message", where message is the text you want to use. Pay attention if there is no character typed before s (on some keyboard types when you open console you will get a ` before the text, you got to delete that). Fixed

Problems:

Scavenger (self explanatory).

Blockades not holding aggro.

Not enough room for pets. Got better now that we can have up to 80, but still not enough.

Loot table is terrible. We get too many weapons and relics (specially rings) and too few armor pieces. Most of the loot is for hero stats, defense stats are not dropping properly, specially considering it is a tower defense game.

Premium pet system is not worthy because of rng on rarity. Best suggestion I've seen: when you purchase the skin, you have a chance of hatching it from the egg every time. Other good suggestion: make pets rarities upgradable (suggestoon for this: after your pet is on max level, you can keep "leveling" it, but this time to boost its rarity up to legendary. You could add a special pet consumable for upgrading, so you use one for upgrading from powerful to epic, 2 from epic to mythical, 4 from mythical to legendary or something like that).

Bag UI is pretty terrible. We should have a search feature and a way to sort items (like ordering by item name/type/iPower). An option to merge bags (2x 32 = 64 slot bag and so on) would also be good.

Kick time on private matches is not necessary and really annoying, specially when 10 wave maps are taking 1 hour to complete and for onslaught. People sometimes want to take a break. Remove kick timer from private matches. I'm serious.

Onslaught is not rewarding after round 15 (time consumed/reward). We should have good rewards more often after round 15 (like every 5 waves, not 10).

Playing as a non-defense hero (a.k.a. DPS) is not fun as it is now. They aren't powerful enough, there are no cool passives (DD1 was way more fun with multiple projectiles and attack speed). They should be completely rebalanced and we need new passives for DPS hero builds. Changes comming soon, so let's consider this is about to be fixed.

Normal mobs are not dropping enough loot after wave 1 in NM. Fixed.

Sphere prices are too high. Fixed.

Difficulty is not scaling properly in onslaught. After wave 10, mobs start to become too powerful, even in normal/hard onslaught. Fixed.

Difficulty is pretty unbalanced for NM modes (NM1 shouldn't be that hard, NM4 is ok). Fixed.

Rewards are unbalanced, we need more loot and more build passives dropping. Hard to improve builds when loot is bad, insuficient and not helpful. Fixed.

Time taken to complete a 10 waves map is too long. Fixed.

Game economy is in a terrible state, since gold is very hard to get and everything costs one eye, one kidney and a first born son. That includes pet reroll, spheres and upgrading items. Seems much better.

Other feedback:

Vendors are useless.

Thursday is a terrible day for updates/patches. Make them on mondays/tuesdays so you have the rest of the week to fix problems, instead of leaving a broken game for the weekend, when most people have more time to play and devs aren't working.

NM difficult shouldn't come from mob hp pool/damage boost. It should come from new menaces, like spiders and dark elves.

Disconecting during matches and losing all progress is not fun. Find a way to "save" matches so you have some time to log back when you dc (like 10 minutes or so).

October monthly: wtf... 75 skels? A RNG based spawn?

Using accessories with base costume only is not nice. They should be usable with every costume, specially considering they are sold separetely. Makes no sense.

We need more minibosses. Maybe we could even have legendary weapon skins tied to minibosses. 2 more comming, so I guess that is being worked.

Other suggestions:

Would be nice to have weapon skins tied to maps, making people want to play different maps for different skins.

Add buyback option.

Add "lock bag" option so loot in that bag can't be sold.

Add friend list, guilds, whisper chat, ignore list and other social features.

Add trading.

Make private tavern customizable, with skins for NPCs, trophies for achievements, etc.

Add random objectives that pop during combat phase (like "kill ogre under 1min for a loot boost in victory chest", "upgrade a defense to max tier during this wave for a boost in victory chest", etc.)

Add achievements for completing maps with defense damage only and hero damage only, like DD1.

Give special hero/tower/other/pet skins for completing some achievements.

Add more bosses (like the teapot robot goblin from DD1 Throne Room).

Add weaponry and armory to private tavern, where you can keep items you don't want in your inventory, as a kind of new storage. You could chose some of them to be exposed (like you can check up to 5 weapons that will be appearing in a rack).

Add a menagerie to private tavern, where you can store your pets, at least one of each type.

Add an option to change stats from one pet from another and from one weapon to another, so you can have the stats you want with the skin you want.

Add medium spheres to boost blockades (HP or repair or stun or anything useful... damage is not useful.

Add sets like we had in DD1 (getting bonus if you use the complete set, get bonus if all set is Myth+, get bonus if all set is legendary - those bonus could be boosts to stats or new passives depending on the set).

Add an option to block party invites. It is annoying to get random invites from random people in tavern, specially when the person keeps inviting you over and over again after you reject the invitation. I know you can avoid this going to private tavern, but the oprion wouldn't hurt. Something like "autoreject all party invites from that player for the next hour".

Add a XP bar for pet affection progression.

Other good feedback threads:

I personally don't agree with all the feedback provided, but since I am not the only one playing the game, I think they should be taken in consideration.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/123299/the-current-problem-with-premium-pets

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124748/balancing-the-flaws-the-game-as-it-stands-the-great-wall-of-text-tldr-inc

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124460/things-i-would-fix-to-balance-the-game-long-constructive-list-or-call-it-a-game-guide

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124172/the-fundamental-flaws-with-the-hero-deck

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124198/the-fundamental-flaws-with-end-game-gear

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124290/monthly-mission-remove-limited-tasks

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/124286/balance-vs-fun-a-discussion-of-development

Relevant staff posts:

@TrendyJayT quote:

Hey Defenders!

I wanted to spend a couple minutes talking about the state of the gold economy, the balance choices we've made and how the day to day of DD2 will progress moving forward. Let's start with Item Enhancement.

We've reduced the cost of Item Enhancement overall. We saw that most of the time people wouldn't fully enhance their items. This wasn't desired from an economy stand point wasn't satisfying. No one likes holding back when defending against the forces of the Old Ones. 

So we fixed it. And we're working on longer term improvements to the system overall. We've had an Influence vote in the past, and we're thinking about how to apply your votes to the system. In the mean time, you'll be better able to max out your items, and have some gold left over for other activities.

Our other topic, our favorite little buddies, Pets! Overall we're taking a different direction with regards to the economic balance. Pets were originally designed as a scarcer resource. In our recent meetings we talked about how this wasn't what we wanted/intended and how we could fix it.

We're reducing both the XP required to Power Up pets, and the cost. This will result in it taking far fewer resources to evolve a pet to the next tier. It's specifically about 1/3 as gold intensive.

We also reduced the cost to Reroll Pets substantially.

All these changes will improve leveling, and the rerolling experience from a cost perspective. While these are great improvements, also explaining what the future vision for pet progression will be moving forward.

Moving forward, Pets will become like items. Where it's not about having 1 really cool item, or build. It's about finding that perfect Pet, and collecting as many as possible! We think Pets are cool! We also know that you guys really like em! 

As always, any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Keep defending! 

@iamisom quote:

@Woqini quote:

Trading was a major part of DD1, and it kept the game alive for a long time. I just read in another forum post, that trading probably won't be a big part of DD2.

Not sure where you saw that, but trading is on our roadmap for future features. 

Everyone at Trendy wants to expand the social options of the game, including trading, as it has a net positive effect for the game. The question is:  What kind of trading will go in? That's something we're still deciding. We've said in the past that we're going to stay away from an Auction House-type implementation because of the issues with Diablo 3 (and, in my personal opinion, Auction Houses reduce the player-to-player/social elements of trading that I loved in DD1). 

How would you like to see trading implemented in DD2? Or would you like us to not have trading, and if not, why not?

Are you still having problems with the reroll tokens going into your first bag?  I thought I saw that go by as "fixed" in one of the notes a while back, and mine are staying where I put them now.

Also, XP bar for pet affection.  100% endorse this.  Especially when the monthly quest is to get pet affection.  I'm actually relatively certain that I got no credit for some of my pet affection level ups, but it would be a lot easier to check if I know when to be looking.

This list covers pretty much all my issues with DD2 right now, I didn't think there where this many atm Emoji_Squire.png

Sphere cost and nightmare are my two biggest complaints right now though. Also Scavenger. :^(

@Underlander quote:Thursday is a terrible day for updates/patches. Make them on mondays/tuesdays so you have the rest of the week to fix problems, instead of leaving a broken game for the weekend, when most people have more time to play and devs aren't working.

Can i get an AMEN from the congregation.

My scavenger never has any items in it at the end of a map

I still have not seen the new cinematic intro scenes on my account or my son's

@mkjo quote:

Scavenger only takes items when your bags are full or if they fall off/through the map.

@Blixer quote:

@mkjo quote:

Scavenger only takes items when your bags are full or if they fall off/through the map.

Oh, my lazy reading. I thought he got what you left on the map and did not pick up

80% of what i read in the OP are already on their to-do list.
12% was a cry for DD1 reset.
8% were things that made sense. 

@Underlander quote:

Disconecting during matches and losing all progress is not fun. Find a way to "save" matches so you have some time to log back when you dc (like 10 minutes or so).

This. PLEASE. THIS.

My connection is horribly unstable so games like Dungeon Defenders become completely unplayable. Whilst you're at it, fix the client so you don't have to turn the game off and on again in order to join after a DC.

@stretchyalien quote:

Are you still having problems with the reroll tokens going into your first bag?  I thought I saw that go by as "fixed" in one of the notes a while back, and mine are staying where I put them now.

Going to test to see if it is fixed. Last time i tested it was still bugged.

@Seph quote:

80% of what i read in the OP are already on their to-do list.
12% was a cry for DD1 reset.
8% were things that made sense. 

The intention of the thread is to keep track of stuff, so both devs and players can know whats current not working properly. I know some of them are being worked. Concerning DD1, it had some great mechanics that I'd like to see in DD2.

I would add:

Shellium prices dropped way too low.
Gear sale prices also too low.
Upgrade prices way too high.
Arcane Barrier completely inferior to Barricade.
Earthshatter towers underpowered - nobody uses them.  Perhaps add them knocking enemies in the air, like was once available to them?

Large Problem:  Character power is completely irrelevant compared to gear power.  Level 49, weak.  Level 50 (and equipment), godlike.  This becomes even worse because the new level 50 can get EQ either by being carried or from other level 50s of the player.

Other Large Problem: Very few good builds, leaving most games feeling exactly the same.  Lightning in one lane, explosives in the other, a Barricade at the beginning of the lane, and Frost Towers behind those.  Oh, and AA, because only AA reliably takes care of fliers.  Right now there could be a "Build Defense" button that builds your defense for you, because there really aren't any options.

@Andurian quote:

I would add:

Shellium prices dropped way too low.
Gear sale prices also too low.
Upgrade prices way too high.
Arcane Barrier completely inferior to Barricade.
Earthshatter towers underpowered - nobody uses them.  Perhaps add them knocking enemies in the air, like was once available to them?

Large Problem:  Character power is completely irrelevant compared to gear power.  Level 49, weak.  Level 50 (and equipment), godlike.  This becomes even worse because the new level 50 can get EQ either by being carried or from other level 50s of the player.

Other Large Problem: Very few good builds, leaving most games feeling exactly the same.  Lightning in one lane, explosives in the other, a Barricade at the beginning of the lane, and Frost Towers behind those.  Oh, and AA, because only AA reliably takes care of fliers.  Right now there could be a "Build Defense" button that builds your defense for you, because there really aren't any options.

Shellium shards, I believe,  were never supposed to sell for 2000. We got used to it,  as is expected,  and they fixed it which made people upset.  My friend was sitting on almost 400 shards pre-patch.  I luckily had sold all of mine the day before they patched so I didn't feel as burned. 

As it is now,  shards and eggs sell for the same price,  which makes more sense if you honestly think about it.  Why would they give us 4x the value of an egg,  just because it rotted. 

The current gold situation is not great,  but I feel it is more in line where they want it to be than it was previously.  We aren't supposed to finish the game and have all of our characters maxed out with all the spheres in such a short amount of time.  

Remember,  this will be a f2p game at release.  F2p success is based on player longevity. 

Lucky you. I got a half a bag of shards just chillin' there, waiting for the summer.

not sure if posted already because i only read the op but you can add loot to the bugs list.  Previous patch said all mobs drop loot after wave 1 on free play and end game but i have not had 1 drop from a non special mob in any end game insane maps.

Can also add to it that you can't combine stacks of stuff.  If I have one stack of 4 pet reroll tokens, and another stack of 5 pet reroll tokens (same kind of token), dragging/dropping one onto the other just switches their places, rather than combining the stacks.

The same applies to shellium shards and all the pet evolution consumables.

@Shuyo quote:

not sure if posted already because i only read the op but you can add loot to the bugs list.  Previous patch said all mobs drop loot after wave 1 on free play and end game but i have not had 1 drop from a non special mob in any end game insane maps.

I've had 2 legendary and a few other nondescript items drop off of normal mobs in NM 2. Not sure if I saw it in NM 1 or not but I can assure you they are dropping. It was not however, very often, I'd say maybe 6 times so far. 

The 2 legendary items dropped on wave 4 and 5 on NM 2 Liferoot, in back to back rounds, and there were no bosses those rounds.

@Bob Loblaw |Äpp|* quote:

@Shuyo quote:

I've had 2 legendary and a few other nondescript items drop off of normal mobs in NM 2. Not sure if I saw it in NM 1 or not but I can assure you they are dropping. It was not however, very often, I'd say maybe 6 times so far. 

The 2 legendary items dropped on wave 4 and 5 on NM 2 Liferoot, in back to back rounds, and there were no bosses those rounds.

Indeed. I also got one legenday from a mob on wave 2 of NM1. But only one so far. Perhaps there is a bug with the chance to get loots on normal mobs (like there was with passives at the beginning of the patch). maybe 5% drop chance is set as 0.05% chance.

As it is now,  shards and eggs sell for the same price,  which makes more sense if you honestly think about it.  Why would they give us 4x the value of an egg,  just because it rotted. 

Remember,  this will be a f2p game at release.  F2p success is based on player longevity. 

Eggs I can sell right away, where shellium requires an investment of time and inventory space.  I think 2x the price of the egg would be reasonable.

To the extent that f2p is based on player longevity, the current level system is badly broken.  I have a builder of each class at level 50, and will have a DPS at level 50 in a day or two.  And the game was wiped just over a month ago.  And I'm a serious player, but nowhere near the hardcore ones.  On the other hand, character level is (as I noted earlier) about pointless when gear is so much more powerful than base stats.