Sign in to follow this  
vSyNd

Is there going to be another Reroll?

With the new Balance Patch, there was a NM1 240 gear reroll.

Due to the Serenity Aura bug, there was a NM2 340 gear reroll.

Now there is a Frost Tower bug, so is there going to be another reroll? What iPWR should I be working towards?

I would really like to farm more NM4, but am just too afraid of yet another reroll.

Probably should stop being snarky Synderella :P We all know a full wipe and development change will happen before open alpha, probably a waste of time wiping again they should just let you burn out on nm4. I dont see the point in wiping again and again, most the players who play late game are gonna try everything in there power to get there they arnt gonna go retest anything else so only a full wipe fixes everything but they lost enough players at is it.

I mean, I love the game, and I want to play it. I just don't want to waste my time farming 670+ gear if I'm going to lose all of it within the next few days. (I'm sure many people feel this way.)

I went from 240 to 670 within hours after the first 240 random reroll, and then did the same from 340 to 670 within hours after the second reroll. So what's the difference between the first time and this second time?

I lost a perfect roll 670 bow because the rerolled after serenity, and now if I get another (yea right) perfect bow are they just going to reroll it because of frosts, and other glitches? :(

It's like Blixer said, when is enough enough?

Mainly really sour about loosing my perfect roll 670 bow, I'm gonna be honest.

Edit:

Luckily I have found a way to progress in the game other than grinding for gear. Currently farming low level Onslaughts to collect pet food. Gonna go for max level pets, as they don't get rerolled, and the 450+ DP from pets is a great piece of gear. :)

@vSyNd quote:

I mean, I love the game, and I want to play it. I just don't want to waste my time farming 670+ gear if I'm going to lose all of it within the next few days. (I'm sure many people feel this way.)

you cannot imagine how much ppl feel this way...

@creedway quote:

@vSyNd quote:

Don't worrie vsynd. I will start a world-wide campaign today gathering signatures, around 1 million sample might be good enough, and flight to Gainesville, Florida to deliver them, ASAP.

Your 670+ will be safe!

I think Trendy has figured out that their current difficulty model isn't working, so I expect they're going back to the drawing board to give it another overhaul.

If you wanted my honest opinion, I'd say farmed NM4 gear is safe for at least the next several weeks, especially if we don't hear anything from them by the next dev stream. Plus, they still get to figure out how they're going to make progression past 50 work, when level 50 has an ipwr range of 240-700.

In short, your gear is almost guaranteed to be rerolled or wiped eventually, but if we don't hear anything this week it's probably safe for the next month or two.

@creedway quote:

@vSyNd quote:

I'd be willing to bet the only people who feel this way are the people who feel the need to exploit the game to get gear without any effort.  I don't feel this way,  but then again, I'm still in nm 2, even being fully aware of the current exploits that are making nm 4 farmable.

If people feel cheated by losing exploited gear, it's their own fault, as they are only cheating themselves. 

Saying that you feel salty because you lost a perfect piece of gear that you shouldn't have even had is actually pretty amusing,  thanks for making me smile. 

I know there is eventually going to be a full wipe. Not too worried about that, but I'd love to start playing some difficult onslaught maps, and really challenge myself with the game. 

IMO the 5-10 wave maps are just... ok, nothing amazing. I'm here to play onslaught, and to get as far as you can in onslaught  you need the best gear. If I grind for that full 670 gear I can play those difficult onslaught maps, but I don't wanna grind all weekend for there to be a reroll on Tuesday or Wednesday. XD

I appreciate that [[21627,users]] , but too bad I already lost my pride and joy. :( 

This was my 670 Legendary bow that got rerolled down to 340 gear...

HmR7Mqo.png

I totally agree [[31834,users]] the content is doable, but only with perfect gear. and chances of getting that gear... XD too slim, it also takes a well balanced [[6301,hashtags]] to coordinate and do the content, which probably more than 1/2 the community doesn't have at their fingertips.

Since they ***ed up the frostbite I think they must reroll. But no reason to do it now - more bugs will be found. Grinding in closed alpha with game-breaking bugs revealed days after patch... what's the point. Wait 1 month and grind with no reroll, much easier game (see nm thread).

If you can go endgame and get best gear in game within hours of patch... fix the bug ,reroll.

Now they need to reroll All, cuz enough players have <240 illegal gear. Which is Super OP in mixed set with high Ipwr items.

There was no reason to do it for serenity aura, but if the educated decision was to do it for serenity aura, then the same educated decision says they have to do it for frost towers. The reasoning behind the serenity reroll is within the same ballpark reason to do it for frost towers. And they will need to do it yet again when they find something else.

The problem with rerolling all, it's not going to fix any of the current issues with the game. It's not the items breaking the game, it's the code within the game itself. If we farmed back up to NM1 with no gear, we would find the same broken gear we are using now.

They are going to be having a LONG week ahead of them, and for now, I feel almost no reason to try and progress in iPWR in the game. (as previously stated)

Progression is already bad and feels boring, but with the chance of reroll ALSO being a possible factor in the equation... Progression is pretty much none existent. :/

I don't think this Frosty issue is as bad as the Serenity, I know I'm not clearing NM4 yet, Sure I can solo NM2 and cheese the boss in NM3, but NM4? Yea no. I have 500-600 ipwr characters. 

Maybe correct the issue with low level legacy gear having the higher % (making frosty useless 50% increase, if you're lucky, worth 30 du? Nope. byebye App) and stop the Frosty from giving a permanent buff to towers near it (again who cares? +50%? Just build another tower that's +100%!) Maybe make it only buff when its targeting an enemy?

I am hoping we won't see another reroll, but will probably just stick to getting golden eggs/collecting pet food/leveling new chars for now. 

While you're maxing out at 50% frosty power (which seems to be the new legit cap) others are easily breaking 100+% by using legacy gear (40% just on boots etc). Don't think that "it's not an issue for me" is the same as "it's not an issue for the game".

I think the frost power should works as it is when bugged but instead of perma buff works when targeting a monster. It would give less focus on traps and auras for once it would be good.

And how can people complain of rerolls when the items they got in the first place were only thanks to usebug ?

@Sombrero quote:

I think the frost power should works as it is when bugged but instead of perma buff works when targeting a monster. It would give less focus on traps and auras for once it would be good.

And how can people complain of rerolls when the items they got in the first place were only thanks to usebug ?

Effectively that would make it a weird old boost aura with odd range. Dunno why this towers even this since they nerfed boost but ah well.

@In.Session quote:

Effectively that would make it a weird old boost aura with odd range. Dunno why this towers even this since they nerfed boost but ah well.

On the other hand, one did need SOME sort of usability for a Frostbite Tower, right? Also, we did need boost aura replacement while it's getting fixed. So this kinda hit two birds with one stone. But then again, what will happen to boost aura now? Idunno. The scenario i thought of earlier, would be that boost aura could be your "tower booster" while frostbite being your "traps / auras" booster? Usability for both, yay. 

Edit: Yes, there IS going to be an item re-roll and more "items / specific groups of stats" - focused. At least i hope so. They did improve their code a little since the RNG-based re-roll. For perfection of the re-rolls, i really hope there will be another re-roll to test out their code. 

I like the idea of the frosty towers working on any towers near them, because then projectile towers FINALLY will get some love, but as of  now it's not "working as intended" and is a little over the top... so I think it is yet another glitch that will spark a reroll.

Unfortunately a lot of things aren't working as intended. Many are using the exploits to progress through the wall into NM4... again.

So what's the word? Are we getting another reroll or not? We have another 4 days until the dev stream, and I'm hoping they confirm or deny the reroll is happening BEFORE the dev stream.

Trendy please give us some insight if the next reroll is coming.

@vSyNd quote:

So what's the word? Are we getting another reroll or not? We have another 4 days until the dev stream, and I'm hoping they confirm or deny the reroll is happening BEFORE the dev stream.

What difference would that make, anyway? 

All the 351+ ipwr content need a re-roll for the mentioned exploits, but only after the NM2-3 gets balanced out. 
NM1 is possible to do solo entirely everything. Been there, done that (So rerolling NM1 things would be kind of unfair and a waste). Except Betsy. Betsy just crushes you at the last wave. Her damage is sky high ( as it should be ), but the three ogres that spawn simply demolishes your dreams and hopes. Impossible to solo at this moment, i haven't tried to duo it. 

@Seph quote:

All the 351+ ipwr content need a re-roll for the mentioned exploits, but only after the NM2-3 gets balanced out.

Stop lying yourself. ALL lower 240 also need re-roll for the mentioned exploits.

@Seph quote:

What difference would that make, anyway? 

NM1 is possible to do solo entirely everything. Been there, done that (So rerolling NM1 things would be kind of unfair and a waste). Except Betsy. Betsy just crushes you at the last wave. Her damage is sky high ( as it should be ), but the three ogres that spawn simply demolishes your dreams and hopes. Impossible to solo at this moment, i haven't tried to duo it. 

The difference is 16+ hours wasted of my life if I grind NM4 and they reroll it in 4 days.

If the next reroll/wipe isn't until a month or so, I can grind NM4 gear to do Onslaught, and finally have some fun. (My only goal and want in this game.)

Now if I knew when they were going to reroll again, I could weigh my options and decide what is worth it to farm. As of  now, all of it is a complete crap shoot.

A lot of the people I play with feel this way, and they are just too tired of it to waste their time on figuring out what -le Trendy will do next.

I get asked the question... "Is this game worth it?" a lot on my stream.

I would love to answer people with a definitive "Yes, it's worth it!" but I am not here to B.S. people, and while I don't tell them "No, it's not worth it." I just tell the the truth, and explain how things are being rolled out and patched and their response to what I have to say seems very confused. They aren't left with a definitive "Cool, I'll buy it." or a "Nah, seems too sketchy." They just seem flabbergasted by the way things are being done with the game, much like the current players.

I would say  after my spill that a few people buy the game, and few people don't, and while my explanations are always just my opinion... every opinion matters.

All of this seems a bit off topic, but not really, the constant rerolls and uncertainty of if you can progress or not is a huge deal when playing a game, and as I've said before, I just don't know what to do with the game atm. I'm lost in the confusion.

Well damn those 16+ hours :l what would you do with all that farmed gear though, given two months from now ? Three months? Nothing. In your case, i would simply be happy they re-rolled the gear while the issue was one day old.
Well, if you want to be on the safe side, you shouldn't abuse the bugs :P progress from Insane to Nightmare and beyond in a legit way. Then, i would second your frustration and anger over re-rolled gear for a mere bugfix. 

I myself would hate having the NM1 re-rolled (350- ipwr). That would be an ass move, because that's doable solo and it's not frustratingly hard =P It even gets easier with each map completed.